Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Yeah_Right wrote: »

Can't believe they missed that. Who was the ref?

And you spelt Richie's surname wrong. It's G O D.

The ref was Ben O'Keeffe. He's a Wellingtonian, not an ex-Crusader as was suggested earlier.

To add insult to injury, Joe Moody got man of the match. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Grenoble hammer Oyonnax 47-22 in the Top14 playoff :eek:
    Forgot it was on this weekend :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Cipriani off to Gloucester by all accounts

Haskell to Saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Haskell to Saints.

Good signing for them.

• Advertisement

Bazzo wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/nickmcardlefox/status/995188141634940929?s=19

Crusaders scored under the sticks immediately after this video ends, they also went on to win the match by 2 points...

Worth a 4 weeks' suspension but only gets two because he's an All Black and is nice to dogs and children.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/joe-moody-banned-for-two-matches/

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/103892882/concussion-forces-former-highlanders-forward-shane-christie-to-retire

another player forced to retire due to concussion issues.

Such a pity..... a classy, skilful and abrasive 7

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Squatter wrote: »
    Worth a 4 weeks' suspension but only gets two because he's an All Black and is nice to dogs and children.

I’m sure that’s of great comfort to the Waratahs. Whatever about the referee who I can somewhat forgive, the TMO should be suspended for a few weeks too. It’s an absolute disgrace that was missed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Anyone bought golden tickets for next year's final? 100 pounds for front row tickets on the 22 for both finals in Newcastle ain't bad. Just hoping I'm not reading it wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

dregin wrote: »
    Anyone bought golden tickets for next year's final? 100 pounds for front row tickets on the 22 for both finals in Newcastle ain't bad. Just hoping I'm not reading it wrong.

Yeah, I did. Though didn't think those were available when I was looking at it - but I got pretty reasonable ones for 70 for the two matches so I'm happy. Should be easier to get to than Bilbao at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

He also wore a nice suit.

And it was self-defence. Beale was trying to tackle him without the ball :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

How does one qualify for golden tickets. Do you have to have bought through the official channel in previous years? I bought last year, but this year mine came via IBF (thanks again) and the Leinster allocation.

errlloyd wrote: »
    How does one qualify for golden tickets. Do you have to have bought through the official channel in previous years? I bought last year, but this year mine came via IBF (thanks again) and the Leinster allocation.

That's how I've always got one anyway - bought early a few years.

I got an e-mail offering Golden Tickets this morning, all I did was sign up to the mailing list a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

I have an email offering golden tickets, I definitely won't be using them... does anyone want me to forward the email to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,122 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Not very. They usually stipulate that they are not binding until a full contract is signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Not very. They usually stipulate that they are not binding until a full contract is signed.

Probably more binding than an article in the sun though!

I got an e-mail offering Golden Tickets this morning, all I did was sign up to the mailing list a few months back.

Ah, they do it in some kind of order. I got my tickets about a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

jr86 wrote: »
    stephen_n wrote: »
    I would go as far as guessing those would be the players Eddie referred to after we beat them in Twickenham, that will never pull on an English jersey again, or words to that effect.

very true.

I'd be amazed to see Haskell and Wigglesworth play again for sure. Care still has a bit to offer I'd have thought?

Cole has been sub-standard for a few years now and no harm if they put him out to pasture. I haven't seen a whole lot of Williams though at Exeter. Are Kieran Brookes and Paul Hill any use these days? Both were in 6n squads when they were relatively young

Don't think losing this tour is an option under any circumstances so Itoje, farrell et al. simply have to travel
    Better to lose in South Africa than to suffer another World Cup embarrassment due to player fatigue. And, while its easy to say that from the sidelines when its not my job, World Cup embarrassment is the easiest way for Jones to lose his job too.
    I'll judge on the results, but if we're in trouble 12 months down the line because players are running on empty, there'll be zero sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I think Jones is almost in panic mode. He's not resting his best players after the Lions tour and a long season. He's parachuting in a kiwi who's never played with the team. I don't think they'll lose to the boks and I think that not resting key guys only benefit teams in their rwc group. They have another long season ahead and little rest and recovery. #eddie'smadness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Wales' summer tour matches will be live and FTA on Channel 4

I have an email offering golden tickets, I definitely won't be using them... does anyone want me to forward the email to them?

Strange coincidence, I got an email from awec offering a golden........

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

1yp8n3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Assume you accepted, wouldn’t want to p1ss off a mod

stephen_n wrote: »
    Assume you accepted, wouldn’t want to p1ss off a mod

yeah.. he might give me a yellow card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

yeah.. he might give me a yellow card!

If we ever get brown ones you're in big trouble!

It's ironic really!

The IRFU protects its home-based players by strictly controlling their game time - whereas the financially strapped WRU abuses its home-based players by arranging matches outside the international window in which they are obliged to play if selected!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's ironic really!

The IRFU protects its home-based players by strictly controlling their game time - whereas the financially strapped WRU abuses its home-based players by arranging matches outside the international window in which they are obliged to play if selected!

The Welsh do this all the time - They regularly tack on a 4th November game outside the window to get more cash..

Think this is the 1st time they've done it in the summer tour phase though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement