Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Any sign of Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

Any sign of Kerry?

Also interested to hear about Kerry. I've heard nothing really apart from the recent "no update" email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

For those of you who have already interviewed how long did it take to hear back from them as to whether you were successful or not? They said within 10 working days but just curious if that has actually happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

HDonal wrote: »
    Also interested to hear about Kerry. I've heard nothing really apart from the recent "no update" email.

Regarding Kerry, I recently found out that the internal interviews for these positions for the people in grade III took place 3 weeks ago and they are waiting to hear back results. So maybe there will be some movement on the panels once the grade 3 are moved to grade 4 and they know where they are numbers wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Is this grade the same as an EO in the civil service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

No, the staff officer grade in civil service would be the equivalent of assistant staff officer in HSE and public sector, all staff officers in CS were upgraded to EO level which is equivalent to staff officer grade in Hse and public sector. Am surprised the union is not pushing for this in the wider public sector/HSE. So in CS, there is clerical officer, higher clerical officer, executive Officer, higher executive officer and maybe 5 or 6 grades up to government advisers, I think.

august12 wrote: »
    No, the staff officer grade in civil service would be the equivalent of assistant staff officer in HSE and public sector, all staff officers in CS were upgraded to EO level which is equivalent to staff officer grade in Hse and public sector. Am surprised the union is not pushing for this in the wider public sector/HSE. So in CS, there is clerical officer, higher clerical officer, executive Officer, higher executive officer and maybe 5 or 6 grades up to government advisers, I think.
    Union response is to 'fill in the job evaluation form and submit it to your HR department'!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Thanks, I'm a CO in the civil service at the moment and I've been asked to do the competency based interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KtodaT

Anyone get the results of the interview yet? Mine went horribly. Had it on the 26th and they said it'd be 10 working days..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

KtodaT wrote: »
    Anyone get the results of the interview yet? Mine went horribly. Had it on the 26th and they said it'd be 10 working days..

I had mine 25th something similar. I'd say results wil be friday or monday 10days from end of interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Mine was the 27th and today is the 10th day-no word yet. Acknowledge the wait is tough for everyone,
    especially those on Grade III's for a good number of years.

A positive suggestion? If you aren't successful in this competition, but know your post is undergraded and you have 2+ years in the post (Grade III to Grade VI post) APPLY FOR THE JOB EVALUATION SCHEME. I am informed by our FORSA Branch Rep that the Scheme's success rate is up from 77% in Jan 18 to over 80%. Especially if you have 4 years in the post - then your upgrade if successful will be permanent to contract (2-4 year post holders will result in SPCs if successful).

Remember, if one door closes, you can make another open. Good luck Everyone!

Update - spoke to HBS REcruitment office this morning. Advised they have no further involvement in process once interviews conducted. If you wish to enquire about your interview's outcome/status, candidates are asked to email their queries to following:-

hbsrecruitonline@hse.ie

Probably best to wait a few more days...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Just got email from Dublin North saying they’ll be out the week of July 23rd.

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Yep me too. So not 10 working days then

10 days my hoop. Word on the street is they are doing another day of interviews. Doesn't bode well. Obviously means a lot of folks failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I've just looked back at the start of this thread and it's a year old, does that mean there has been no one appointed yet if they are still interviewing?

I've just looked back at the start of this thread and it's a year old, does that mean there has been no one appointed yet if they are still interviewing?
    Someone a few pages back was interviewed in May and has had some offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I asked if there was any movement on Kerry.......I got this :(
    My email was only 1 line !!!!

Dear tatranska
    As you are aware moving to Stage 3 - Competency Based Application Form is dependent on each individual applicant’s assessment results combined with geographic area choice(s) and where vacancies are occurring. As vacancies arise in the geographic areas, we will move candidates forward to the next stage. This will happen on a phased basis. If you are to be invited to Stage 3 for your chosen geographic area you will be notified by text alert that an email has been sent to the email address provided / updated by you in your initial On-Line Application Form.
    In the meantime it is important to keep your contact details updated.
    My contact details have changed, what do I need to do?
    It is most important that you keep your contact details updated. When choosing which contact details to use, we strongly urge you to use your long term / most permanent personal contact details.
    How to update your contact details e.g. email address, mobile number, postal address:
    (a) If you have chosen a single geographic area
    If you indicated a single geographic area choice in your initial On-Line Application Form (Stage 1), the contact information you provide in your completed and returned competency based application form are the contact details that we will use to contact you.
    (b) if you have chosen two geographic areas
    When one or both of your geographic choices are progressed to Stage 3 (Competency Based Application Form), the contact information you provide in your completed and returned competency based application form are the contact details that we will use to contact you for the particular geographic area.
    If your second geographic choice is awaiting progression to Stage 3 (Competency Based Application Form) the contact information provided in your initial On-line Application Form (Stage 1) will be used to contact you for that particular geographic area. If you wish to update / change your contact details for a remaining second choice: Send an email request to the Helpdesk at info@hbsrecruitmentservices.ie and follow the instructions in the email response.
    The Helpdesk responds to emails 9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday. You will receive a confirmation email to acknowledge that your contact details have been updated.
    For example, you indicated two geographic area choices e.g. Choice 1: Cork and Choice 2: Kerry and have been issued with and/or submitted a Competency Based Application Form for Cork but you have not been issued with or submitted a Competency Based Application Form for Kerry. Changes to contact details for Cork should be indicated through your returned and completed competency based application form. Changes to your contact details for Kerry should be sent to info@hbsrecruitmentservices.ie In other words you need to separately update your contact details for both Choice 1 - Cork and Choice 2 – Kerry.
    Please note: It is most important that you use your Candidate Identification Number in any communications that you send to us. The unique Candidate ID Number issued to you at Stage 1 On-Line Application stage is your Candidate ID Number throughout this recruitment campaign for Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV. It is your responsibility to keep your contact details updated for each geographic area you have chosen as outlined above

Was away and just accessed same email too. Wonder what has caused the delay? Thanks for posting Dovies!

Braids wrote: »
    Was away and just accessed same email too. Wonder what has caused the delay? Thanks for posting Dovies!
    Hopefully not that we all did badly :)

• Advertisement

Well I was concerned about this -especially when it was mentioned that they did more interviews after the 27th. I know the interviews were to be the sole decision factor but feel it should have been a combination of 'on-line testing' + 'application form' + 'interview' results.

Braids wrote: »
    Well I was concerned about this -especially when it was mentioned that they did more interviews after the 27th. I know the interviews were to be the sole decision factor but feel it should have been a combination of 'on-line testing' + 'application form' + 'interview' results.

That is exactly what I think.

This is what they do in the Civil Service. I am in the HSE currently, and this entire campaign has been a sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Did my interview for Dublin South. They asked about job history and how it has brought me to my role now. They went through 3 competencies (not Planning and Organising), and then a few questions about the HSE structure. Not too bad. Hopefully will hear soon after the interviews are finished but I’d say it will be more like the wait for Dublin North.

Yes, this competition is defo a bit of a sham! I was reading back over this thread and even the timelines are nuts!

Did my interview for Dublin South. They asked about job history and how it has brought me to my role now. They went through 3 competencies (not Planning and Organising), and then a few questions about the HSE structure. Not too bad. Hopefully will hear soon after the interviews are finished but I’d say it will be more like the wait for Dublin North.

Yes, this competition is defo a bit of a sham! I was reading back over this thread and even the timelines are nuts!

Dublin North received an email saying we would hear the results the week of the 23rd of July. However our Grade VI who was on one of the boards has been asked to sit for another day of interviews next week, meaning we will not hear anything until August!

I am not feeling very confident at all. I just want to know how I did, as do all the other III's who went for it in my office :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Henne345

Any movement on south Tipperary?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mariemclt

Hi
    I was just wondering does anyone have any update on Laois/ Offaly. Competency based Application Form was sent back in the middle of April and have only received any email stating no further update. However on a previous email it did state that interviews would be held in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Joeblogs86

mariemclt wrote: »
    Hi
    I was just wondering does anyone have any update on Laois/ Offaly. Competency based Application Form was sent back in the middle of April and have only received any email stating no further update. However on a previous email it did state that interviews would be held in July.

I have received no up date as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 113433328

Hello,

Is anyone still in the process with Cork. The competency applications forms were due for submission on july 13th.

Thanks

KtodaT wrote: »
    Dublin North received an email saying we would hear the results the week of the 23rd of July.

I am not feeling very confident at all. I just want to know how I did, as do all the other III's who went for it in my office :(
    I know they said the week of 23rd so that could be Friday but I really don't have the patience for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

Competency-based application forms for Kerry are being issued Friday

Advertisement