Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

ELM327 wrote: »
    No one turns it into a martyrdom contest (whatever that may be)
    You stated that anxiety is a reason to qualify for illness benefit. And it shouldnt be.

I know people get it now, but they shouldnt!

i'm not arguing what should or shouldn't be, elm327. i'm trying to point out the reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

na1 wrote: »
    If somebody steals money from your pocket, does it make you a fool?

I would believe they'd think just that - and that "sure you can afford it".

The mental gymnastics these people do is impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

pjohnson wrote: »
    Gatling wrote: »
    Going by this thread they should be turfed back on the streets and she should get a job.
    If I'd be a landlord, I have no problems to let this family rent my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Love the enablers and apologists who put hard working taxpayers in quote marks, like we're not really!!!

Hard-working eh? You've spent the whole morning posting in After Hours.

Perhaps after lunch you could knuckle down and do some work.

mickrock wrote: »

Given that my day started with answering emails on the train at 7am and will likely end with student queries into the night, how I divvy up my day and what I am doing between posts is ZERO concern of yours.

FYI I last took a lunch break in April, again not that it's a concern of yours.

When you have no idea of the situation it's best to keep your beak out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Let's look at the situation again:

How can the State stop consenting adults from shagging? It can't.

How can the State stop consenting shagging adults from refusing to use contraception? It can't.

How can the State stop any fertile woman, irrespective of her mental, physical, financial or intellectual capacity, from getting pregnant from time to time? It can't.

How can the State prevent a woman who wants to drop a sprog every year from doing so? It can't.

So we are faced with the inevitability that sprogs are going to arrive at regular intervals, and some of those sprogs are going to be produced by useless, parasitic wasters like Cash and whoever screwed her.

The question then arises of what should be done with the sprog.

Remember that the infant didn't choose its feckless mother and scumbag father - what a truly rotten start to life those deeply flawed, carnal, self-indulgent parents have inflicted on the poor kid from the very start. :(

Bear in mind the fact that the child has done absolutely nothing wrong and it has the same right to be cared for like every other Irish child - fed, clothed, housed, educated and given any medical treatment necessary.

We're left with only two possible solutions - either we leave the child with its feckless mother (meaning that we must house the mother and provide her with the funding required to provide for the child) or we deem her unfit to raise her own child, so it will be placed with a foster family (which costs a lot more and may end up leaving the child with problems when it grows up.)

(Of course if you take her kids off her, she'll just have more because she misses them!)

So which will it be, folks?

The Tusla weekly rates for fostering a child are = under 12: €325 / over 12: €352. So for Cash's 7 kids, that's about €120,000 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Turnipman wrote: »
    How can the State prevent a woman who wants to drop a sprog every year from doing so? It can't.

If the welfare system was reformed so that having extra children wasn't rewarded then women would limit the number they have. Having more children should become more of a financial burden rather than an improved income stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭MrCostington

What about the Chinese solution? Financial hit if you go over your allowance?

Mmm actually I just see my own flawed logic ..

Who are the clever ones?

Calling her behaviour clever is downright insulting to people who are doing the right thing and not freeloading . If we were all "clever " what's going to happen to the country . She knows how to pull a fast one but she is the furthest from clever I have ever seen .

According to vectorvictor the thieves, scummers, drug abusers and any other types of criminals - are the cleverest members of our society, and the working on minimal wage people are the dumbest.

It's fundamentally clever to achieve the maximum return for the least output.

And what if tomorrow the state turns her down: take her children and let her sleep on the streets. Would you call for help for her? Saying she was not clever enough to rely on the state, and state failed to provide her with a proper support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

"clever" is the perfect word to describe most travellers, clever, they know how to get away with a lot of stuff because they're clever. Another word is "cute", as in cunning.

Gatling wrote: »
    Melendez wrote: »
    Irrelevant to the discussion.

It's perfectly relevant to the discussion seems her supporter want her to be given a home just not near them,

SAD
    None of the supporters had offered them money either. Only: "WE should help them!" I.e. "YOU, especially high earners, should pay more to revenue, so more money should be available for families like this"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

mickrock wrote: »

Hasn't taken a lunch break since april:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hasn't taken a lunch break since april:pac::D
    Still earning a wage
    Still making up part of the €20bn tax take that funds the lifestyle choices of scroungers and cheats like Cash.

Contraception isn’t mandatory though nor can it ever be irrespective of the result.

I know it’s personal responsibility etc but doctors cannot force it upon people.

Dole in exchange for  sterilization?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

another poster said it a few posts back and I will say it again, of course the situation is a disgrace, BUT the GOVERNMENT are the ones totally supporting and enabling these people.

The outrageous social welfare spend is why LOW INCOME WORKERS are being taxed 52c in the euro at the marginal rate!

This farce wont be changed, until we the electorate demand change! Take a read of the below article! The welfare class are the new rich" no financial worries, endless leisure time and dont have to work...

Council paying rents up to €2,800 a month for affordable housing

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/council-paying-rents-up-to-2-800-a-month-for-affordable-housing-1.3528337

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

A lot of this is about education or the lack thereof, honestly, I would link the parents welfare payments to school attendance and completing second level education.If they dont complete at least second level education, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

How can the State stop any fertile woman, irrespective of her mental, physical, financial or intellectual capacity, from getting pregnant from time to time? It can't.

But, it can remove ANY blocks to legally obtaining an abortion. No protestors allowed near doctors offices, no 24 week limits, no 'meet with a counselor' or whatever after 12 weeks. This is the kind of social change needed to reduce unwanted pregnancies.

This would be by far the easiest change needed to reduce the dependence on social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

Igotadose wrote: »
    But, it can remove ANY blocks to legally obtaining an abortion. No protestors allowed near doctors offices, no 24 week limits, no 'meet with a counselor' or whatever after 12 weeks. This is the kind of social change needed to reduce unwanted pregnancies.

This would be by far the easiest change needed to reduce the dependence on social welfare.

easy? there's people out there that think abortion is murder. have you been out of the country the last few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Nermal

How can the State stop consenting adults from shagging? It can't.

How can the State stop consenting shagging adults from refusing to use contraception? It can't.

It can, it just chooses not to.
    Bear in mind the fact that the child has done absolutely nothing wrong and it has the same right to be cared for like every other Irish child - fed, clothed, housed, educated and given any medical treatment necessary.

Also a choice, not an obligation.

So there is no dichotomy like you suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

easy? there's people out there that think abortion is murder. have you been out of the country the last few months?

Considering how superstitious and religious travelers tend to be id say ms cash and the majority of her "community" would probably be of the same opinion, i doubt making abortion more available for people like her would do much to solve this tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

As a matter of fact, yes, campaigning to repeal the eighth. The Government, once the repeal is ensconced in law, can legislate now. First thing is to prevent the 'abortion is murder' muppets from protesting outside doctors offices, and investigate the funding for the likes of the Iona institute, plus why they're so important to the RTE. Then, get rid of the 'need for counseling' from the proposed 12 week->24 week 'interval.' Ireland's got sh1te for mental health care, and their counselors are a great unwashed mass of unqualified gombeens as a rule. (This is another area that needs addressed - you shouldn't be able to bill yourself as a mental health counselor without a uni degree in mental health counseling, for instance, though no reason you can't do this today in Ireland.)

So, which do you think will be easier to legislate for? Preventing protests outside Dr's offices, versus any of the 'mandatory sterilization'/'remove the dole after 2 kids' etc. being proposed? I submit making abortion more, well, part of society will be a much easier sell especially given the current sentiment in the country post-referendum landslide.

Nermal wrote: »

It can, it just chooses not to.

Also a choice, not an obligation.

So there is no dichotomy like you suggest.

Are you insane, deranged or merely an imbecile?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bazzer007 wrote: »
    It's official we're now living in a welfare state. Tell us something we didn't already know. The "we're entitled brigade" will leech off the state until they take their last breath.

I've just as much of a problem with the scumbags that excuse them, some of whom are posting here. Just refuse to see the bad in anyone for whatever reason. Newsflash, they're taking you for a ride too... unless you're one of them yourself, I suppose. F*ck the scammers and f*ck the enabling apologists.

Igotadose wrote: »

So what leads you to imagine that, if given access to easy termination facilities, the Cash woman would have opted to abort one - or more - of her current brood of 7 welfare generating sprogs?

Or indeed will opt to terminate her 8th the next time that she has a few drinks and feels like an unprotected quickie?

So what leads you to imagine that, if given access to easy termination facilities, the Cash woman would opt to abort one - or more - of her current brood of 7 welfare generating sprogs?

I'd suggest the 8th would have zero impact on her.

Her kids are cash first, props second, tools to marry off to other branches of the "clan" and members of the family somewhere after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm so irritated at all the bleeding hearts saying how "anti woman" Cash's critics are. I am liberal, I am a feminist and I was out campaigning to repeal the 8th.

Cash is a scumbag. Pure and simple. Nothing to do with her being female, she's just a scumbag.

I've said for years I don't mind paying tax, even when more than 50% of my bonus is hoovered up by Revenue. It does bother me that my working 40+hours a week pays for this woman to keep plopping out kids with no regard to their future, and to make sure she gets her "forever home".

I'm so irritated at all the bleeding hearts saying how "anti woman" Cash's critics are. I am liberal, I am a feminist and I was out campaigning to repeal the 8th.

Cash is a scumbag. Pure and simple. Nothing to do with her being female, she's just a scumbag.

I've said for years I don't mind paying tax, even when more than 50% of my bonus is hoovered up by Revenue. It does bother me that my working 40+hours a week pays for this woman to keep plopping out kids with no regard to their future, and to make sure she gets her "forever home".

The only time that phrase should be used in the Dog's Trust literature - and then it is valid!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Well said. What I can't understand is where all this sentiment is coming from? Why are people so quick to defend her? Do they not realise that Ms. Cash is effectively putting her hand into their wallet and taking their money! Similarly to you, I've no problem whatsoever paying exorbitant taxes if they are going to benefit the state infrastructure (i.e. roads, hospitals, etc.). I also do not mind funding a few unfortunate cases, however, it really pisses me off knowing that a percentage of my money is financing scumbags to live their lives in the manner Cash does. I cannot understand how anybody would be happy to do so.

• Advertisement

Problem is that rants like that don't address the issue of how we can stop it happening on an ongoing basis.

Because the thing to remember is that there are loads of Cashes going around, this one just popped her head too far above the parapet so came to the attention of the public.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement