Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/protesters-stage-sit-customs-house-13088070

Didn't see a thread about this - guess who's front and center?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

There's a massive amount of posts here so apologies if it's been covered already. Any idea how much she's in receipt of from the state not counting child benefit? That would be whatever housing payment she's in receipt of with all the other welfare supports available to her for 1 adult and 6/7 children. Trying to figure out what her net income would be for the year to regross it to a salary.

She's not getting housing assistance payment as it's a charity that's housing her at the moment.

This image has been posted a few times so you can remove HAP and child benefit to get the figure.
    DkQdBw_X0AURJRy.jpg

So, €24,960 I think.

Gatling wrote: »
    €54,000 all in

How can she claim HAP without a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Someone asked earlier about fixing the crisis. Heres how to do it for social housing.

Dublin city council and others buy land in major towns along the M7/M8/mainline Portarlington, Portlaoise, Thurles, Templemore etc and build single storey bungalows/semi detached housing. Then offer an incentive of a lump tax free cash sum of €10k to anybody who wants to relocate out of Dublin. Accepting this money bars them from re-applying for transfers for 10 years. Guarantee school places and public transport. Target those who have very little chance of gaining employment and the retired.

Collection of rents and repairs tendered/outsourced to local tradespeople and county councils.

A no thanks we have enough problems in these towns without landing more on them but there are long enough housing list in these areas as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

tuxy wrote: »
    She's not getting housing assistance payment as it's a charity that's housing her at the moment.

This image has been posted a few times so you can remove HAP and child benefit to get the figure.
    DkQdBw_X0AURJRy.jpg

So, €24,960 I think.

That's great. Thanks.

So leaving aside the child benefit which applies regardless of means that leaves her with about 40,000 net. Have to go dig out my calculator later to regross based on a single one parent family in receipt of the additional rate band credits applicable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

fritzelly wrote: »
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/protesters-stage-sit-customs-house-13088070

Didn't see a thread about this - guess who's front and center?

Who paid for the pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

She's some f***ing weapon that one

Everyone’s fault but her own, she’s intend on having more baby cakes by the sounds of it

Who paid for the pizza?

Vincent Browne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

tuxy wrote: »

DkQdBw_X0AURJRy.jpg

So, €24,960 I think.

She had hap and got turfed out for anti social behavior and if she took the option of it it would be 50k ,stop defending this utter leeching nonsense.

It’s not sustainable.

That's great. Thanks.

So leaving aside the child benefit which applies regardless of means that leaves her with about 40,000 net. Have to go dig out my calculator later to regross based on a single one parent family in receipt of the additional rate band credits applicable.

Correct but only if she can find a landlord that will rent to her so she can get HAP
    I think her real goal is to get a council house.

• Advertisement

She had hap and got turfed out for anti social behavior and if she took the option of it it would be 50k ,stop defending this utter leeching nonsense.

It’s not sustainable.

I'm not defending it I'm just saying it's been about a year since she got HAP.

These boyos can help Maggie

https://youtu.be/XilAPyaQEhc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That's great. Thanks.

Her benefits minus hap is around 40,000

Can't see where half her income just vanished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

This may be slightly off topic but the average delinquency period of the Ulster band loans which are being sold off is 83 months! That is nearly 7 years without paying a penny on their mortgages! What do these people expect?

What do these people expect?

The same freebie lifestyle as Maggie

This may be slightly off topic but the average delinquency period of the Ulster band loans which are being sold off is 83 months! That is nearly 7 years without paying a penny on their mortgages! What do these people expect?

To stay in their house for free paid by the tax payer.

FF calling for this too, the very party who caused all this bluster.

Neck, jockeys bolox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Gatling wrote: »
    Her benefits minus hap is around 40,000

Can't see where half her income just vanished

Just going on the table posted a few posts back showing income including child benefit of 51,746 euro. If you take off her child benefit which isn't means tested then her net income would be about 40k. The HAP is included in the 40k. Am too tired to regross now based on a single person in receipt of the one parent family tax credit and additional rate band to figure out what she'd need to earn to get 40k gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

you are right.... it is slightly off topic.

oceanman wrote: »
    you are right.... it is slightly off topic.

Not really. Lots of people did property speculation in the boom. Those that survived the big bust are now trying to make back as much money as they can - ergo high rents. And I would bet my bottom dollar that a lot of those sold off loans include landlord-esque properties
    Ergo average person is priced out of the rental housing market.
    The sucker buying their forever home paid for outta their hard earned money at highly inflated prices are being squeezed out of it as the banks want more liquidity and don't mind getting rid of some performing loans along with non performing homes

Mark my words, I was laughed out of it when I said years ago about the housing in Ireland to friends and how it wasn't sustainable - an housing bust is around the corner. We again have politicians saying how it's not the same blah blah.

Not really. Lots of people did property speculation in the boom. Those that survived the big bust are now trying to make back as much money as they can - ergo high rents. And I would bet my bottom dollar that a lot of those sold off loans include landlord-esque properties
    The sucker buying their forever home paid for outta their hard earned money at highly inflated prices are being squeezed out of it as the banks want more liquidity and don't mind getting rid of some performing loans along with non performing homes

Mark my words, I was laughed out of it when I said years ago about the housing in Ireland to friends and how it wasn't sustainable - an housing bust is around the corner. We again have politicians saying how it's not the same blah blah.

If no one can buy houses now how can there be a bust?????

• Advertisement

If no one can buy houses now how can there be a bust?????

What?

What?

All we hear is people can’t get a mortgage as the rules are too stringent, so how can there be a repeat of the last recession of the banks going bust if there is no one getting 100% mortgages nowadays?

This is pretty basic stuff.

All we hear is people can’t get a mortgage as the rules are too stringent, so how can there be a repeat of the last recession of the banks going bust if there is no one getting 100% mortgages nowadays?

This is pretty basic stuff.

Don't know where you are getting that from, people are getting approved for mortgages all the time, hell the banks are advertising all over the place.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/us-subprime-mortgage-bonds-back-in-fashion-1.3444403
    Some words in that article ring eerily like were said a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

But what has this to do with a woman wanting a council house and milking the system?
    Or was she an ulster bank defaulter?

Don't know where you are getting that from, people are getting approved for mortgages all the time, hell the banks are advertising all over the place.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/us-subprime-mortgage-bonds-back-in-fashion-1.3444403
    Some words in that article ring eerily like were said a few years ago.

Of course they are but the rules are much tighter and thus these people are more able to sustain these mortgages.

Once again this is basic stuff.

Edit- that’s a USA article about USA mortgages, are you for real????

**update**
    So the council rang today and offerd me an apartment in town. It is on a monthly baiscis. Ive excepted dis offer. However the fight goes on !!! I will not be hushed by this. Just because they have giveing me sumwer,does not mean the problem is solved. There are many more famlies that have no wer to go. THE BATTLE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!

**update**
    So the council rang today and offerd me an apartment in town. It is on a monthly baiscis. Ive excepted dis offer. However the fight goes on !!! I will not be hushed by this. Just because they have giveing me sumwer,does not mean the problem is solved. There are many more famlies that have no wer to go. THE BATTLE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!

Right lads, a precedent has been set now.

Off to the garda station I go to declare as homeless :mad::mad::mad:

Right lads, a precedent has been set now.

Off to the garda station I go to declare as homeless :mad::mad::mad:

See you there! I hope there's enough chairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Wish the council would offer her a f*cking dictionary

• Advertisement

See you there! I hope there's enough chairs.

A hard wooden bench. If you're quick enough i'll share with ya, I've no blanket though so bring that and a flask, I like my hot chocolate before bed :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement