Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

And you've been reported too.

Your constant unfounded accusations, outright lies and snide off topic comments are not warranted.

Is there anybody left on this site that you haven't reported or put on ignore yet?

The housing crisis and homeless crisis still exists. It hasn't gone away you know. This thread won't make it go away.

446 posts in one thread and counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

TomSweeney wrote: »
    So it worked, she has been given a free 3 bed apt.
    I just signed a 30 year mortgage for a 310k 3 bed apartment.
    I have 2 kids - won't have anymore, that girl looks quite young - and she has 7 kids ... I wonder since she is so young when she will have her 8th .... 9th .... 10th .... +++

Joke the way she got so much sympathy.
    This welfare state is totally unsustainable.

She looks pregnant in those pictures with Miriam.

dav3 wrote: »
    Is there anybody left on this site that you haven't reported or put on ignore yet?

The housing crisis and homeless crisis still exists. It hasn't gone away you know. This thread won't make it go away.

446 posts in one thread and counting.
    Melendez wrote: »

Guys, Perhaps attack her posts than attacking her? It's tedious and infantile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Nermal

Do you think that qualifies as 'hate speech'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

Blazer wrote: »
    And it will be completely the fault of the far left. You cannot give everyone everything for free. Someone has to pay for it.
    By encouraging this behavior the far left are seeding a rise for a right wing org in the future.
    We need a balance in the middle and this is a prime example of not being it.

completely the fault of the far left? just like Trump was completely the fault of the 'liberals' or 'Hillary', i guess. maybe we should stop voting for things as some kind of reactionary, ill-thought-through action, and just think and have a bit of responsibility. the people who are to blame for the rise of the far right are the people who vote the far right into positions of power. everything else may contribute to that but you don't absolve yourself of responsibility for validating these people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wheety wrote: »
    She looks pregnant in those pictures with Miriam.
    Irrespective of what has transpired in this story, this comment on appearance is the lowest of the low and I've heard it a few times now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

oceanman wrote: »
    no everybody shouldn't, that's why we have tax thresholds..

I know everyone DOESN'T. But EVERYONE SHOULD.

The tax system is hugely skewed towards high earners paying a huge portion of the income tax base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

519751.jpg?b64lines=IFNPIEknTEwgSlVTVCBUWVBFIElUIFVQCiBPTiBNWSBJTlZJU0lCTEUKIFRZUEVXUklURVIu

• Advertisement

Explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Question. Do you think welfare benefit should go up €5 in the next budget regardless of wether the recipient has ever contributed financially to the state, or if the recipient has a genuine disability that would not allow that person to contribute to the state?
    Please answer this I’m intrigued to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

jjmcclure wrote: »
    I know everyone DOESN'T. But EVERYONE SHOULD.

The tax system is hugely skewed towards high earners paying a huge portion of the income tax base.

yeah, this wont go down well here, but Id say Ireland massively out of line, with the absolutely hammering higher earners take.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That is for the Gardaí to decide. They are aware of the thread,

I'm sure they are well aware of Ms. Cash and her partner too.
    The Gardai trying to live in Dublin or commuting for hours because they can't afford to live there must be delighted to see this woman getting a free gaff and €52 grand a year tax free after never doing a tap of work in her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

completely the fault of the far left? just like Trump was completely the fault of the 'liberals' or 'Hillary', i guess. maybe we should stop voting for things as some kind of reactionary, ill-thought-through action, and just think and have a bit of responsibility. the people who are to blame for the rise of the far right are the people who vote the far right into positions of power. everything else may contribute to that but you don't absolve yourself of responsibility for validating these people.

A lot of people just parrot what they hear from the US and the UK. A lot of people forget they live in Ireland, a country that has always had a centre-right/right wing government making the decisions that impact their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,114 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

best of luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

...Defamation...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Margaret Cash isn't gonna let you parent baby number 9/10/whatever, you don't need to keep doing this to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

dav3 wrote: »
    A lot of people just parrot what they hear from the US and the UK. A lot of people forget they live in Ireland, a country that has always had a centre-right/right wing government making the decisions that impact their lives.

well according to people in this thread the gov are a bunch of bleeding-heart lefties.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

gwalk wrote: »
    Margaret Cash isn't gonna let you parent baby number 9/10/whatever, you don't need to keep doing this to yourself
    In fairness after 8 kids you could probably aim at her from cork and it would still impregnate her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Lots of reports coming and thread is moving fast. Temporarily locking so they can be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Reopened.

A gentle reminder that if you suspect a poster to be a rereg, report the poster, state your case and move on. Calling people out as reregs just derails the thread and adds nothing to the discussion.

Also, having a pop at somebody over their postcount too adds nothing to the thread and is pretty much acting the dick.

Lastly, if you have a problem with a poster, report the post and move on. I cannot emphasize the underlined enough. Reporting a post and then telling a poster they have been reported adds nothing to the discussion.

tl;dr less nothingness and play nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Born in the middle of the afternoon
    In a horse drawn wagon on the old A5
    The big twelve wheeler shook my bed
    'You can't stop here,' the policeman said,
    'You'd better get born in someplace else

Move along, get along, move along, get along
    Go, move, shift!'

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Just to highlight who pays for these people who won't work and are entitled to everything and to highlight my point on taxation earlier (everyone should pay something).

A worker on €120,000:
    Earns 6.7 times the amount of a person on €18,000 and pays over 83 times the amount of tax.
    Earns almost 4.8 times the salary of a person on €25,000 but pays 14.8 times the tax.
    Earns almost 3.4 times the salary of a person on €35,000 but pays 7.6 times the tax.

A worker on 18k pays just over €500 in tax

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Someone up thread remarked that this lady has been given a three bed apt in the City Centre, but does not work.

I totally agree that prime city centre properties like this should be prioritised towards those who are on HAP and working.

There is no need for those who are not working in the city to actually live there. Bit of a bugbear of mine, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Is raising children not considered work these days?

No.

Raising children is a privelige most people want and many cannot either do so now or have more than 1 or 2 children because they can't afford to not work or send them all to child-care whilst they are at work. For most, having children is a calculated, conscious life decision that cannot be taken lightly.

For Ms. Cash? Well, why not stop having them when you don't have a job and the Government and just going to give you more money the more you have anyway?

If you think having children is work then please don't ever have children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Irrespective of what has transpired in this story, this comment on appearance is the lowest of the low and I've heard it a few times now.

Excuse me? All the things said on this thread and you pick up on me saying she looks pregnant as the 'lowest of the low'?

I based it on the fact that she looks pregnant. There is nothing low about saying that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wheety wrote: »
    Excuse me? All the things said on this thread and you pick up on me saying she looks pregnant as the 'lowest of the low'?

I based it on the fact that she looks pregnant. There is nothing low about saying that.
    Using someones appearance for point scoring is low.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A three bedroom apartment in the City Centre? Really? With no job or security. What about thousands of apartment dwellers who have to commute 1hr into the City Centre to fund her lavish 'entitlements'?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Just to highlight who pays for these people who won't work and are entitled to everything and to highlight my point on taxation earlier (everyone should pay something).

A worker on €120,000:
    Earns 6.7 times the amount of a person on €18,000 and pays over 83 times the amount of tax.
    Earns almost 4.8 times the salary of a person on €25,000 but pays 14.8 times the tax.
    Earns almost 3.4 times the salary of a person on €35,000 but pays 7.6 times the tax.

A worker on 18k pays just over €500 in tax

Thats all well and good, but would you rather earn 120k and pay that tax

or would you prefer to be on 18k

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement