Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

this is such basic sociology 101 nonsense. i've known a lot of layabouts whose parents were hard workers, and i'd imagine the reverse might be true, although back in the day it wasn't as easy to be a layabout.
    You've already told us you are not to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Dannyriver wrote: »
    If you are Raising 7 kids you are working.

Yes inside the home so why should you take from outside the home when you havent contributed . Ever .

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

Anthracite wrote: »
    You've already told us you are not to be taken seriously.

i said that one-obviously not serious post was not meant to be taken seriously - indeed, i didn't think anyone would take it seriously when i posted it. might need to start using sarcasm/irony font in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Just heard a replay of her radio interview with Miriam and I must say I felt despondent after it.

Married at 15. (Why wasn't she queried about the wisdom of this by Miriam?)
    Left school at 12.
    Doesn't care about what people think.
    HUGE sense of entitlement.
    Crass.

Has no sense of what is required to get on in the world. No self awareness. No value in education.

Wants to take.
    Angry.
    Bitter.

The children will pick up on this of course and the whole cycle repeats itself.

i said that one-obviously not serious post was not meant to be taken seriously - indeed, i didn't think anyone would take it seriously when i posted it. might need to start using sarcasm/irony font in here.
    It might be a good idea - it's so hard to distinguish between your deliberately stupid posts and your accidentally stupid ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Next poster girl up has 9 children and is just back from 2 week holiday. Was given 2 houses. Left 1 because it had a fire escape and the 2nd had no washing machine.

Claims her social welfare

"My money contributes to people being able to pay taxes I pay there mortgages and supply them with jobs so they can pay there's ie doll office council etc and also I have worked and paid tax to"

I wish this was a joke

I seen this. Both herself and Cash have removed all drinking and vase related posts off Facebook too. Birds of a feather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

good comeback, planespeeking will be along to thank you any second now.

S'OK.... i took care of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

To be honest, when you are living off my taxes, I reserve the right to condescend to you as much as I like. Our public representatives get the same deal.

Evidently you do

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭podmu80

bobbyss wrote: »
    Just heard a replay of her radio interview with Miriam and I must say I felt despondent after it.

Left school at 12.
    Crass.

Has no sense of what is required to get on in the world. No self awareness. No value in education.

Wants to take.
    Angry.
    Bitter.

Traveller culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Some of her children were enrolled in a charity summer camp this year but were kicked out after 2 days because of behavior. She found it amusing.
    No hope for them. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

S'OK.... i took care of that

Ha !

It might be a good idea - it's so hard to distinguish between your deliberately stupid posts and your accidentally stupid ones.

bordering on abuse but i'll refrain from reporting you.

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Evidently you do
    Yes, I do. That's what my post said.

I'm a liberal leftie, but this sort of abuse of the rest of society makes me sick.

Cool. I won't report the one where you mock other posters for outlining their family history.

Never mind me, stories like this make me very cranky, if you haven't noticed.

You do know reporting people in the hope of them getting banned will not change the general apathy they have towards her blatant scam and scrounging.
    We already saw melendez try deflect and make it a traveler issue, then cried about post count as if post count warranted some authority on opinion in another deflection tactic.

Now you think by threatening to report people it will somehow change their opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

I seen this. Both herself and Cash have removed all drinking and vase related posts off Facebook too. Birds of a feather

She buys lotto tickets twice a week :rolleyes:

tuxy wrote: »
    Some of her children were enrolled in a charity summer camp this year but were kicked out after 2 days because of behavior. She found it amusing.
    No hope for them. :(
    Top parenting. I'm 100% confident these 7 and counting kids will not turn out to be criminals like their parents, and will make a positive impact on their communities.

You do know reporting people in the hope of them getting banned will not change the general apathy they have towards her blatant scam and scrounging.
    We already saw melendez try deflect and make it a traveler issue, then cried about post count as if post count warranted some authority on opinion in another deflection tactic.

Now you think by threatening to report people it will somehow change their opinion.

it wasn't a threat and there was no opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

She buys lotto tickets twice a week :rolleyes:

She'd still scrounge even if she won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭standardg60

any more posters want to tell us their potted family history? it's not tedious at all.

Ah I see now that you are someone who is only capable of retorting with a troll when you are faced with a rational argument.

Well done.

• Advertisement

it wasn't a threat and there was no opinion

you claimed it was bordering on abuse.

If its only bordering on it then its clearly not abuse then so you cries of reporting were not needed.

If you see any genuine abuse I am sure you will be reporting as quick as you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There's a big myth bandied about that some people and parties are fine with people defrauding the state through welfare. It's simply not so.
    How ever much the FG voting pretend middle class despise those on welfare chancing and dodging, it's no less the case for the low paid worker who may or may not need to avail of state aid from time to time. Nobody likes to see chancers having an easier time than those who work especially those workers with less.
    It's propaganda and myth that any entity would support or defend 'lifers' or chancers. We can blame the council to try spare government it's blushes but any gripe anyone has with their income not going as far as they'd like or yer wan getting a 3 bed apartment isn't down to 'de left', putting aside the fact we've had generations of FF/FG governments, all that's wrong with society and 'the way we do business' is not down to fringe left wing parties on single digit percentage support.

There's some wan (Trinity Rose) out of her box on sumthing causing no end of grief to them.

7 angels to mind. Bless. Tatum is acting up though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

when I was growing my mum never got a payment of the government for being a stay at home mother.
    She got nothing extra for looking after us.
    I have no shame in saying I wore hand me downs among my brothers, shopping was carried home as taxis were expensive., things were hard in the 70s, and think it put things in prospective for me and my siblings.
    The idea of earning what we have is lost on people.
    A lot of people today has little or no shame, no pride etc.

These days mothers get money for looking after their own kids,
    I know one girl who has a husband who works who actually gets carers allowance for looking after here own child.
    The childs illness is asthma, and not even close to what my brother had growing up for which my mother never got help with as the notion for being paid extra for looking after your kids which is your responsibility as a parent.

A girl who is sensible and decides her prospects are bleak so takes precautions not to get pregnant and is on a housing list waits over a decade and could be nearly forty by the time she is awarded council housing, while a girl can churn out 7 kids, pull a publicity stunt and then demand where the free house she wants is allocated, and some people wonder why this Cash girl is vilified.
    I dont blame her kids, but the mother has a responsibility to make sure they have a good start in life and in that she has utterly failed so now blames the very system she has manipulated.

Luxury...we grew up in a shoe box in the middle of a motorway...Luxury I tell you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

There's a big myth bandied about that some people and parties are fine with people defrauding the state through welfare. It's simply not so.
    How ever much the FG voting pretend middle class despise those on welfare chancing and dodging, it's no less the case for the low paid worker who may or may not need to avail of state aid from time to time. Nobody likes to see chancers having an easier time than those who work especially those workers with less.
    It's propaganda and myth that any entity would support or defend 'lifers' or chancers. We can blame the council to try spare government it's blushes but any gripe anyone has with their income not going as far as they'd like or yer wan getting a 3 bed apartment isn't down to 'de left', putting aside the fact we've had generations of FF/FG governments, all that's wrong with society and 'the way we do business' is not down to fringe left wing parties on single digit percentage support.

Lets not forget the genuine person who is out of work and is forced by the government to work these schemes for 22,50 a week in order to skew the unemployment figures.

you claimed it was bordering on abuse.

If its only bordering on it then its clearly not abuse then so you cries of reporting were not needed.

If you see any genuine abuse I am sure you will be reporting as quick as you can

nah. only did it once in this entire thread, and that was when i warned him first and he practically begged me to. and nothing came of it anyway. i don't mind, it's all in good spirit.

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I cant vouch for that as I have not read the whole thread.
    But let me make this very clear to you, my issue with the girl has nothing to do with sex, race, colour or her being a traveler.
    It was what she did and her actions.

If other people have insulted her based on being a traveler alone and not her actions then I suggest you take it up with whoever that is.

Melendez wrote: »
    The post count showed a level of hypocrisy that someone who was complaining about other people getting money that was ill deserved was also getting money they ill deserved.

Will you give over trying to compare someone at work posting, to someone leeching of the state.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Left school at 12.
    Crass.

Wants to take.
    Angry.
    Bitter.

What is actually to be done about this though? what are the root causes? how do we productively do anything about it firstly at early stages and secondly when there are already a bunch of children brought into the situation? how do we do it without affecting people in genuine need also?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement