Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

bluewolf wrote: »
    What is actually to be done about this though? what are the root causes? how do we productively do anything about it firstly at early stages and secondly when there are already a bunch of children brought into the situation? how do we do it without affecting people in genuine need also?

Aggressively settle travellers and jail any that try to cause truancy. She's a product of their "culture".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

What is actually to be done about this though?

Nothing can be done essentially.

She was unemployable before this, since this she is now almost certainly highly unemployable.

She is destined to a life of welfare and her offspring will follow suit.

Monkey see monkey do approach is what it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

tuxy wrote:
    Some of her children were enrolled in a charity summer camp this year but were kicked out after 2 days because of behavior. She found it amusing. No hope for them.

How do you know?

What is actually to be done about this though?

Put the children into state care (or track down the father(s) and determine if he/they can support the children). Remove all but basic benefits for her. Push her into employment, and when she is capable of providing for herself and her children, then she regains access to the children.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Melendez wrote: »
    The post count showed a level of hypocrisy that someone who was complaining about other people getting money that was ill deserved was also getting money they ill deserved.

Will you give over trying to compare someone at work posting, to someone leeching of the state.

Wtf ????

Jesus you have a couple of quiet days with no boss and twiddling my thumbs annoyingly waiting for a CAO report- and suddenly my salary is ill deserved ???

You really could not make that s*** up!!!

I'm at home now having tea, hope I'm okay to post!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

This post has been deleted.

No education? Check
    Married ridiculously young? Check
    Criminal convictions? Check and Check
    Loads of kids they can't afford to support? Check
    Living on social welfare? Check
    Unruly children? Check
    Feckless parenting? Check
    Absolute sense of entitlement? Check

These are the things she has been criticised for. Are they also Traveller stereotypes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It’s the kids I feel sorry for. Saying that, I doubt her childhood was a bed of roses.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Just heard a replay of her radio interview with Miriam and I must say I felt despondent after it.

Married at 15. (Why wasn't she queried about the wisdom of this by Miriam?)
    Left school at 12.
    Doesn't care about what people think.
    HUGE sense of entitlement.
    Crass.

Has no sense of what is required to get on in the world. No self awareness. No value in education.

Wants to take.
    Angry.
    Bitter.

The children will pick up on this of course and the whole cycle repeats itself.

I thought that the age of consent was 17. Could her husband have been done for statutory rape?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

How do you know?

She had it up on fb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I thought that the age of consent was 17. Could her husband have been done for statutory rape?

You can get married at 16 in NI, I believe but 15? I really don't know.

mad muffin wrote: »
    It’s the kids I feel sorry for. Saying that, I doubt her childhood was a bed of roses.
    And thus we get to the root of the issue...do we break the cycle by indulging this culture of entitlement and dependency?

Or do we say, 'listen, if you want to leave school at 12, commit crimes, and have 7 kids, you can - but we aren't paying for it'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

This woman is an advertisement for all that's wrong with this country.
    Freeloaders who chose a career of leg spreading get rewarded with * 'free' housing.

It's a joke and it's offensive to every taxpayer in the country.

*free to her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Someone said Travellers can after applying to a court ? No idea if that is kosher, just what I read on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

So what were her reasons for turning down the house in Meath - it was too far away, wasn’t big enough? Far away from what, Tallaght? The city centre is far enough away from Tallaght. She’s been offered a three-bed apartment, unless the house in Meath was only a two bed, which I doubt as she said they wouldn’t be room for only one of them, surely an apartment would be smaller than the accommodation she was offered. It seems Ms Cash is picking and choosing where she lives, and that location is more important than giving her children a bed for the night

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

court exemption order seems to cover it

So it's the 'boss' that you object to? :confused:

Because she is asking for a free home.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/getting_married/legal_prerequisites_for_marriage.html

In certain special circumstances, you may be able to get a Court Exemption Order allowing the marriage to proceed even if one or both parties are under 18. The court will require you to show:

That there are good reasons for your application
    That the granting of such an Exemption Order is in the best interests of the parties to the intended marriage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Put the children into state care (or track down the father(s) and determine if he/they can support the children). Remove all but basic benefits for her. Push her into employment, and when she is capable of providing for herself and her children, then she regains access to the children.

Can we really do state care? Isn't the state notoriously bad for losing children as teenagers? I remember a big scandal about it some time back. What about a risk that people doing their genuine best get their children taken off them? it's not a good precedent.

I'm not trying to be difficult, i just don't know if there are any good answers. Not when the horse has already bolted, so to speak.

Maybe more enforcement with truancy issues for kids in the future, but then that needs more resources

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anthracite wrote: »
    No education? Check
    Married ridiculously young? Check
    Criminal convictions? Check and Check
    Loads of kids they can't afford to support? Check
    Living on social welfare? Check
    Unruly children? Check
    Feckless parenting? Check
    Absolute sense of entitlement? Check

These are the things she has been criticised for. Are they also Traveller stereotypes?

In fairness not all settled travelers are that bad.

My neighbour has 9 kids, she stays at home, husband works. Their on HAP, all kids in school and from the looks of it have very good attendance. Eldest did their LC this year, got his college course. Neither of the parents drink much, maybe a few bottles when a big GAA game is on. The kids are so well behaved, better than other kids around. They are credit to their parents.

But your one Cash is the complete polar opposite, and it's sickening to see the media fawn over her. Hope her new neighbours can find suitable accommodation before their life's become hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What is actually to be done about this though? what are the root causes? how do we productively do anything about it firstly at early stages and secondly when there are already a bunch of children brought into the situation? how do we do it without affecting people in genuine need also?

Nothing will be done because the bleeding hearts will not allow any criticism of certain cohort's lifestyles. Millions have been given to disadvantaged areas for this and that, but it is never enough ever.

And when discourse is blocked by every media outlet in the country in parrallel, well I really have no suggestions anymore.

Power is with those who have no shame and shout the loudest and demand their Entitlements. We are all terrified of saying it to their faces really if the truth be known.

OK on here to have a rant and say it out, but it would be a different story in real life to be perfectly honest.

There is no balance anymore, and as long as the Government is not getting any hassle and is playing the bleeding heart game WRT to those who DO shout loudest, well then, what do we expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

She had it up on fb.

I know she has deleted her fb page, but do you still have the url link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Someone said Travellers can after applying to a court ? No idea if that is kosher, just what I read on here.

I dont think travellers are Jewish...

Oy Vey. Boss.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    In fairness not all settled travelers are that bad.
    Just to be clear, I'm not at all saying that all Travellers are like that, or that people like that are all Travellers.

I'm saying that people like that, of any background, should not be facilitated.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Probably posted already somewhere but ever time I read her name I think of this young "lady" who is remarkably similar in ways...

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

So to clarify.

you have no problem with her convictions
    or her bad parenting
    her previous refusal of a home
    no issue with the scam she used to jump the queue
    no issue with the scrounge mentality

but some person saying boss offends you ?

For you to think that boss is only associated with travelers says to me you are the one that stereotypes.

na1 wrote: »
    I know she has deleted her fb page, but do you still have the url link?

She didn't delete her FB, she just hid a lot of stuff. She's still posting about her "cause"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

There was a radio interview on recently , early one morning when I was going to work and it was an interview with a woman outside Cloverhill prison. She was visiting her husband in the prison and she actually said she had 8 kids. Anyways she also said she was married at 15 by a bishop , she actually said his name but I can’t remember it now. It was only in the last few weeks I think.

The guy on the radio couldn’t believe a bishop married her at 15. It was actually very similar sounding situation to the woman here. No idea if it was the same woman though......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

She didn't delete her FB, she just hid a lot of stuff. She's still posting about her "cause"

So do you have a link, please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement