Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just out of PAS. Total brain fart at the maths. Thought it harder than before. Thought Verbal and Error checking were okay.
    Will be surprised if I get through to stage 3 after the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi, i'm considering sending an application for this before the deadline closes next week.

Is it only your current/most recent employer you need to provide a reference from?

Also would being a fluent Irish speaker be of any advantage in any Dublin department?
    Annied22 wrote: »
    This thread is for the clerical officer country wide post for which applications have already closed.
    What job are you applying for?

I presume your referring to the Executive Officer (Junior Management) Roles in Dublin.

Unless your currently working in the civil service, I think you will need two references but your best to go to that thread and ask:

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107692409

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Just out of PAS. Total brain fart at the maths. Thought it harder than before. Thought Verbal and Error checking were okay.
    Will be surprised if I get through to stage 3 after the maths.

I got so frazzled by the maths, was upset coming out. Given up with this competition now.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Hey for everyone who has done stage 2 already, did they say when yee would know the results etc

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

lamb stew wrote: »
    Hey for everyone who has done stage 2 already, did they say when yee would know the results etc
    As far as I know they said results in September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

September we were told.

Tell us was it verbal, numerical and Error checking. then how about the categorising of information one that was in the familiarisation material. did that come up too?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 owolf8

I got OOM of 126 for wicklow, starting to lose hope about getting called to stage 2.
    Any reports from other wicklow folk?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

shmeee wrote: »
    I know 2 people in Tipperary who are next to be placed from the 2016 panel and they WILL be placed in the coming weeks, a long time since their stage 1.

So they will be in no rush as you said selecting the new panel.

Hiya

Just wondering what batch number and place your friends are for the Tipperary region?? Thanks.

Tell us was it verbal, numerical and Error checking. then how about the categorising of information one that was in the familiarisation material. did that come up too?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    During the stage 2 tests I found myself wondering why the female to male ratio of prospective Clerical Officers seems so high. I wonder is there, or should there be, a recruitment policy to try and being a little more gender equality to the numbers of COs across the civil service?

The ratio you saw represents the real-world ratio of the people interested in applying - nothing should be done to change that ratio in the hiring phase. That would be both discriminatory of the majority gender and favouring of the minority one.

Let's say job X is such that, generally speaking, 70% of applicants are one gender, and 30% are the other. Assume all the applicants are equally capable. Now let's say someone in power thinks this natural 70/30 split is wrong and should be fixed. In order to "fix" it, they make sure that the successful applicants are 50/50 by gender. By doing this, they have unfairly discriminated against 70% gender and unfairly favoured the 30% gender. Their attempt at Utopian fairness was not fair at all given the reality of those who applied.

Equality of opportunity is important. This means everyone should have the opportunity to apply. This does not mean that every arbitrary demographic (gender, age, race, etc.) will be equally interested in applying for every job on the market.

Equality of outcome means those hired should reflect the ratio of interested, capable candidates - not an idealised version of that ratio.

We could visit schools of the 30% gender and have a marketing campaign so that we nudge more of that gender to apply. This could work, but will it it last after the campaign ends or will it revert? Are we going to have a campaign for every job on the market that doesn't have a natural 50/50 interest? What's the plan if they respond too well and the numbers start skewing in the other direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I have my stage 2 test tomorrow afternoon I finished number 51 for Kerry what are my chances of actually getting a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

I have my stage 2 test tomorrow afternoon I finished number 51 for Kerry what are my chances of actually getting a job?

I didn't think they called up as far as 51 in Kerry. It depends on how good you do in aptitude I guess.

Can some one please tell me, is there a categorising of information test. There is no mention of it in the familiarisation material, yet when you take the practice test it is there.Should i practice for the categorising of information. (time running out for that).Is error checkin the only one along with numerical and verbal

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

Can some one please tell me, is there a categorising of information test. There is no mention of it in the familiarisation material, yet when you take the practice test it is there.Should i practice for the categorising of information. (time running out for that).Is error checkin the only one along with numerical and verbal

There is no categorizing information in clerical officer test. Familiarisation material explains what's in test.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Molly2016

No it’s verbal, numerical and error checking

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

DOes anyone by any chance know where they are for Westmeath on the 2016 panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Best of luck to those sitting aptitude test this week. Please keep posted on your experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Has anyone from Co. Meath been called for Stage 2 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 makemineawine

Just been called for permanent position from 2017 panel. I have to report to Revenue in Knockmaun House in Mount Street. From what I've been told this is where I will be doing training. Anyone got any idea if this is where they do the PAYE trainng? Heard there is training in O'Connell Street too - are they both the same?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sarah2018

liniloo wrote: »
    Has anyone from Co. Meath been called for Stage 2 yet?

I heard they called the first 50ish what is your oom? Hopefully next batch soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sha_fla

Any updates for Westmeath or Offaly?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Just been called for permanent position from 2017 panel. I have to report to Revenue in Knockmaun House in Mount Street. From what I've been told this is where I will be doing training. Anyone got any idea if this is where they do the PAYE trainng? Heard there is training in O'Connell Street too - are they both the same?

Knockmaun House is the Dublin training centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Annied22

owolf8 wrote: »
    I got OOM of 126 for wicklow, starting to lose hope about getting called to stage 2.
    Any reports from other wicklow folk?

I got 66 and haven’t been called yet

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Does anyone know how far along in the OOM they are for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Twigg21

Anyone get called from Louth??

Sarah2018 wrote: »
    I heard they called the first 50ish what is your oom? Hopefully next batch soon

Thanks, Sarah, I'm no. 113. I've passed the interview for the 2016 campaign, but not holding out much hope of being placed before the panel expires!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Thanks, Sarah, I'm no. 113. I've passed the interview for the 2016 campaign, but not holding out much hope of being placed before the panel expires!

When does the panel officially expire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sarah2018

Do u mind me asking what batch and number you were for 2016 panel? Im 137 now hoping to be called in next batch fingers crossed if I hear anything IL keep u updated 😊

• Advertisement

Sarah2018 wrote: »
    Do u mind me asking what batch and number you were for 2016 panel? Im 137 now hoping to be called in next batch fingers crossed if I hear anything IL keep u updated ��

After the supervised tests, I was in batch 2, no. 59. I rang PAS last week and was told they're up to 173 of 200 in batch 1 (I presume that means they've placed 173 so far?!). We can only hope!!!

Advertisement