Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two more victims of "unknown substance" in U.K.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The interview itself is interesting.

Did they visit Sergei Skripal's house?
    Petrov: Maybe we went by there.

Boshirov: Do you know where the Skripals' home is? I don't.

Petrov: If we would have known where it was.

Boshirov: Maybe we passed by it, maybe we didn't pass by it, I don't know, I hadn't heard. I hadn't heard this surname, I didn't know anything about them before this situation, this nightmare with us started.

What do they do for work?
    Boshirov: We are ordinary entrepreneurs. If we talk about our business it will suffer, and the people we work with will suffer, and we don't want this.

Petrov: We will reduce the search area for your colleagues. It's the fitness industry, related to sport nutrition, vitamins, micro-elements, proteins, gainers and so on. If we say more, our partners and a wide circle of acquaintances.

We consult here, now the trend is to consult not about growing your biceps but about keeping your figure, healthy lifestyle.

Boshirov: Eating right, a healthy lifestyle - we don't want to bring attention to this, to get deeper into these questions, I wouldn't want people among our clients to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭xckjoo

If I was being accused of assassinating someone, I don't think I'd be so tight lipped about what I did for a living. Fitness industry must be pretty brutal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ah yes, RT. An absolutely trust-able news source which has never shown any hints of bias towards the Kremlin. And certainly not Government controlled.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Ah yes, RT. An absolutely trust-able news source which has never shown any hints of bias towards the Kremlin. And certainly not Government controlled.

To add to this, to arrange the interview, they just rang the chief editor of RT on her mobile. Not strange at all. No siree.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If they are so concerned about their reputations hand themselves in & show their innocence

• Advertisement

Its amazing what you can buy in the russian version of Army Bargains. Missile launchers and everything.

Apparently no one goes to Ukraine these days without their own Buk missile launcher, didn't you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Aegir wrote: »
    Apparently no one goes to Ukraine these days without their own Buk missile launcher, didn't you know?

A dublin lad once told me he had a buk. Turns out he meant war and peace.

That joke sounded better in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Discodog wrote: »
    If they are so concerned about their reputations hand themselves in & show their innocence

TBF I wouldn't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Its amazing what you can buy in the russian version of Army Bargains. Missile launchers and everything.

Uniforms are right between the polonium and novichok. False papers are in the next aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Fair play to the two lads for managing to keep a straight face while rattling off their horse**** story. Extra points for using a couple of facts off Wikipedia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

They came to sailsbury to see a church, the clock and spire are supposed to be historic, I aam wondering if they already had been to see other churches around Europe, they did not like the weather , they are used of much worse weather

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

goat2 wrote: »
    They came to sailsbury to see a church, the clock and spire are supposed to be historic, I aam wondering if they already had been to see other churches around Europe, they did not like the weather , they are used of much worse weather

But strangely forgot to mention the copy of the Magna Carta - maybe that might upset Vlad too much :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Maybe it's just me, but I never heard anything special about the internationally famous Salisbury Cathedral that everyone from around the world comes to see that they spoke about? Seemed a little odd them saying that, like they wanted to big up the place to butter people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Could you tell the Independent link to hurry up and load so I can scroll the news.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Jay z visited Salisbury.

Maybe he's an assassin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Jay z visited Salisbury.

did they find novichok in his hotel room as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Jay z visited Salisbury.

Their story doesn't make any sense, why would you be walking near the Skipral home in the first place? Tourists tend to stick close to the town and tourist attractions.

I beginning to think it was a Russians who poisoned Skipral and his daughter, but I am unsure who these guys work for in Russia?

They claim they work in the fitness industry? They look like they are in the mid-30s hardly young fellas who tend to work in that industry nowadays.

Aegir wrote: »
    so could invading Ukraine

Yes, they did invade, but there was a coup in the country. The elected government was overthrown by Neo-Nazis. Crimea people rose up and demanded separation you seem to have forgotten that. Ukraine defence force mostly nationalists were heading to the Crimea on trains to start violence and stop this. Putin then ordered the Russian army in to stop this. You forget 67 percent of Crimea people identify themselves as Russian. They were forced to live the Ukraine state after the Soviet Union broke apart.

Discodog wrote: »

Either way, Skipral was a Russian spy he wasn't a UK citizen.

It's amateur hour. Throwing away the Novitchok and then even this is odd because it alleged the box the poison was in was wrapped and closed? Caught on cameras, doing in daylight, sloppy work. Why were they walking not driving could the Russians not secured a car or van tinted windows to travel around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Either way, Skipral was a Russian spy he wasn't a UK citizen.

It's amateur hour. Throwing away the Novitchok and then even this is odd because it alleged the box the poison was in was wrapped and closed? Caught on cameras, doing in daylight, sloppy work. Why were they walking not driving could the Russians not secured a car or van tinted windows to travel around in.

Probably because they didn't do it.

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    Probably because they didn't do it.

All I can say the hit was not done professionally. Could they be hitmen hired by gangsters in Russia? There was news I read awhile back Skipral was providing information to MI6 about criminal activities in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yes, they did invade, but there was a coup in the country. The elected government was overthrown by Neo-Nazis.

Utter drivel and Kremlin propaganda

Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian protesters repeatedly marched against a corrupt government culminating in violence (the leader of whom was caught red-handed with a Spanish galleon, fleets of classic cars, gold bars - on "50,000" euros a year)

He was a Russian puppet, kept Sevastopol handily leased to them, all the while bleeding the Ukrainian coffers dry (the country was almost bankrupt at the time he escaped in his helicopter dumping files in his private lake)

Obviously Moscow wasn't happy about this and concocted a neverending stream of propaganda about the ousting of their man. That it was an inside job, that all the protesters were Neo-Nazis (only a minority were far-right, and the 2 far-right candidates got less than 2% of the vote). Subsequently Moscow annexed Crimea (all the while lying about it) and then sparked a war in the East of the country

Pretty much the entire international community condemned Moscow for their actions against Ukraine, refused to recognise the illegal annexation of Crimea and sanctions continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Putin has been watching too much 007 films..

They are implying they are a gay couple on a romantic break..

Was it these two? Mr Wint & Mr Kidd? One used perfume!

latest?cb=20130204134139

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian protesters repeatedly marched against a corrupt government culminating in violence (the leader of whom was caught red-handed with a Spanish galleon, fleets of classic cars, gold bars - on "50,000" euros a year)

He was a Russian puppet, kept Sevastopol handily leased to them, all the while bleeding the Ukrainian coffers dry (the country was almost bankrupt at the time he escaped in his helicopter dumping files in his private lake)

Obviously Moscow wasn't happy about this and concocted a neverending stream of propaganda about the ousting of their man. That it was an inside job, that all the protesters were Neo-Nazis (only a minority were far-right, and the 2 far-right candidates got less than 2% of the vote). Subsequently Moscow annexed Crimea (all the while lying about it) and then sparked a war in the East of the country

Pretty much the entire international community condemned Moscow for their actions against Ukraine, refused to recognise the illegal annexation of Crimea and sanctions continue

Azov Battalion who were fighting the Russian separatists is Neo-Nazis. Of course, not everyone in Ukraine supports their beliefs, but the Ukraine population does tolerate these groups in the country.

Here is Azov Battalion image. You find plenty more like this online.

461251.png

Even the BBC did a report in April 2018 highlighting the problem in Ukraine.

I beginning to think it was a Russians who poisoned Skipral and his daughter, but I am unsure who these guys work for in Russia?

It took you 6 months to figure that out? You repeated every contradictory conspiracy that was spread by the Russians and refused to entertain what was obvious from the beginning. Have you considered that you are consuming media that's designed to confuse rather than inform?

It took you 6 months to figure that out? You repeated every contradictory conspiracy that was spread by the Russians and refused to entertain what was obvious from the beginning. Have you considered that you are consuming media that's designed to confuse rather than inform?

He's producing rather than consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yes, they did invade, but there was a coup in the country. The elected government was overthrown by Neo-Nazis. Crimea people rose up and demanded separation you seem to have forgotten that. Ukraine defence force mostly nationalists were heading to the Crimea on trains to start violence and stop this. Putin then ordered the Russian army in to stop this. You forget 67 percent of Crimea people identify themselves as Russian. They were forced to live the Ukraine state after the Soviet Union broke apart.

bollocks. Crimeans woke up one morning to find that there were little green men everywhere. There wasn't a popular uprising against the Ukrainian government in Crimea. There weren't trainloads of nazi's heading there. The Russian government denied for weeks that it was their forces but then months later they said "oh yeah, those were our guys". They held a sham referendum where even the journalists from moscow voted and then declared that it was legitimate because a load of far right "observers" from across europe declared it was legit. Those far right observers did include actual neo nazi's.

Meanwhile in Donetsk and Lugansk paramilitary forces, sponsored by Russia started taking over the place. The Russians supplemented them with russian troops and let's not forget the russian missile launcher that shot down a passenger jet.

So please, don't peddle your bollox here. The facts of what happened in Ukraine are well established and have been proven over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Annd9

Dohnjoe wrote: »

So you and other posters on here would be totally fine with a violent uprising in Ireland overthrowing the democratically elected government?
    After all we have been bled dry by EU puppets , we can't see a consultant unless you have a few quid , we can't afford to buy a house or pay rent (even with a decent job ) but if you dare to protest about this you are Scum because you break a couple of minor laws .
    Can you imagine the outrage if a few thousand people turned up on O'connell street dressed like medieval knights ready to fight the Garda to the death ?

Crimea is not as simple as it's made out to be . Yes Russia should not of invaded but if you have ever talked to anyone with Russian decent from that area you would know they seriously feared for their lives .
    As for Ukraine not having a problem with the far right , I think you need to take a trip to Kiev , it might open your eyes .

Advertisement