Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,678 ✭✭✭✭listermint

the fact that he goes from this strained nice guy persona to angry, tearfu,l passive aggressive , is really disingenuous..... I don't like this guy

Probably because he's an entitled serial liar , pretty typical of his class . Wealth background.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

All quite on the Twitter front, they must have confiscated his phone again:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

drkpower wrote: »
    This whole charade just shows how divisive US politics has become. It’s hard to determine the truth of what ford and kavanaugh are saying, in their own ways both seem quite credible, but the idea that a Supreme Court nomination could be derailed by a 36 year old uncorrobarated allegation is absurd.

I’m no fan of trump or Kavanaugh’s politics, but if this were happening in reverse, the response would be much different.

It wouldn't happen in reverse though.

Show examples of it ever have ?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

What plausible reason would Kavanaugh have for not wanting an FBI investigation? He says his reputation is ruined. IMHO, the only way to clear his name and repair his reputation is for the FBI investigation to proceed. So what is he hiding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Seems stable enough to be a Supreme Court Judge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

This whole charade just shows how divisive US politics has become. It’s hard to determine the truth of what ford and kavanaugh are saying, in their own ways both seem quite credible, but the idea that a Supreme Court nomination could be derailed by a 36 year old uncorrobarated allegation is absurd.

I’m no fan of trump or Kavanaugh’s politics, but if this were happening in reverse, the response would be much different.

Why did the stupid prosecutor not just ask Ford

Do you find it odd that each person who you now say was present has stated that they have no idea what you are talking about?

You say you left the house without telling anyone. Doesn’t that seem like something odd that your female friend would remember?

No one allegedly in the house for the alleged party corroborates your story. Why would they all lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Thargor wrote: »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Its engaged.. He's on a call to Vlad the Man!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

For one if a sitting Democratic president was under investigation and a number of his campaign team were under arrest or charged with various things, the Republicans wouldn't even allow a hearing to be heard.

Republicans blocked Obama's pick for the supreme Court for a full year leaving seat empty yet they are trying to rush the worst possible candidate through even though seat currently is still filled..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm wary of this #metoo stuff because of how easy it is for some deranged individual to make allegations that can be completely made up against someone and do real damage.

However the fact there are 4 women would suggest there should be something more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

He's coming across like a petulant teenager.

like wtf, it's strange that people expect a guy who is out of nowhere accused of being a serial gang rapist to have perfect poise, given the fact that none of it seems even possible to disprove. Even if there is an fbi investigation it will likely not clear his name any further. People named by the accusers have refuted two seperate claims, one of which is a friend of the accuser? The gang rape one is just trash, that's the only one I know is untrue.

But all in all, I'm sure he knows even best case scenario for him will be inconclusive, which if he didn't do these things is pretty good reason for anger.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Its engaged.. He's on a call to Vlad the Man!

Boasting about his "very, very large brain"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Poor moment from Kavanagh towards Klobacher. No need to ask her that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Aaaaaaand the Winner is:

Least understandable outburst of the day (so far):

Drum roll!!!!!!

lindsay Graham!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

like wtf, it's strange that people expect a guy who is out of nowhere accused of being a serial gang rapist to have perfect poise, given the fact that none of it seems even possible to disprove. Even if there is an fbi investigation it will likely not clear his name any further. People named by the accusers have refuted two seperate claims, one of which is a friend of the accuser? The gang rape one is just trash, that's the only one I know is untrue.

But all in all, I'm sure he knows even best case scenario for him will be inconclusive, which if he didn't do these things is pretty good reason for anger.

I was specifically thinking of his drinking question to Klobacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

People are actually looking up what 'Devil's Triangle' is'.
    Hint: It's not a drinking game, like he claimed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Aaaaaaand the Winner is:

Drum roll!!!!!!

lindsay Graham!!!

Your new Attorney General I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭josip

Why are people so surprised that he's taken an anti-Democrat stance for his defence?
    The Dems are all going to vote against him anyway.
    Most of the Republicans would still vote for him if he had goose stepped into the hearing in a glory suit.
    It was always the swing Republican senators that he would be playing to during this.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    People are actually looking up what 'Devil's Triangle' is'.
    Hint: It's not a drinking game, like he claimed

wM5fW6M.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Thargor wrote: »

I just read some of the MAGA themed comments on his speech addressing the UN.
    OMFG.
    Not a braincell between these flag waving simpletons.
    They have to be bots. No human being can be this stupid. If these are actual human beings that seriously believe Trump is the greatest thing since sliced anything, we are all doomed.
    They have the mental capacity of a doorstop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Meanwhile the other half of the country is shredding Dr Ford’s life and character. She and her family have had to leave home. Yet she responds with calm and intelligence. Funny that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

listermint wrote: »

It wouldn't happen in reverse though.

Show examples of it ever have ?...
    There certainly isn’t a precedent for this, I’ll give you that. I mean the response here would be different. People tend to be blinded by their political allegiances (or dislike if the other side) rather than looking at matters objectively. This is a prime example.

However much I don’t like Lindsey graham, the content of his interjection was actually spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Meghan Kelly doesn't hide her bias anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

OMFG.
    They have to be bots. No human being can be this stupid. If these are actual human beings that seriously believe Trump is the greatest thing since sliced anything, we are all doomed.

A doorstop is a useful thing !!

Quite a photo..

DoIRvdJXsAEqy8d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

OMFG.

You just summed up approximately 32% of the American electorate right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Poor moment from Kavanagh towards Klobacher. No need to ask her that question.

I'm not sure if it can be done but reckon she should make a formal complaint on the floor to Senator Grassley about the judge's question and request Sen Grassley to formally reprimand the judge and remind him of his obligations in respect of courtesy to the committee. If Sen Grassley refused to do so, he would be letting himself liable to censure from the senate proper for not defending it from abuse by a witness.

Ah. he's come forward with an apology to her. Some-one may have had a chat with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

The democrats don't care aboutthe FBI. This is about keeping a hard line conservative off the supreme Court at all costs and not over turning roe vs wade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Aaaaaaand the Winner is:

Drum roll!!!!!!

lindsay Graham!!!

He needs full Trump voter support.

The democrats don't care aboutthe FBI. This is about keeping a hard line conservative off the supreme Court at all costs and not over turning roe vs wade.

Yeah ok ..

Then why not just placate and have the FBI investigate from the start.

Sure they'd find nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What was going on there just before the break? K got a message of some sort and messages were being passed around everyone seemed very distracted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement