Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Ryder Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mickelson is such an a$$hole, Noren has a 15footer and two putts and he won't give it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Putting 4 rookies out this morning was an awful decision.

I wouldn’t criticize Björn for that. Reasonably wanted to give everybody a match first day and better to have the rookies in 4balls I’d say. Sure, could have been a disaster but could just as easily have been 2-2. Didn’t get much luck at a few key moments.

Oooooooo molwood go one up

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wouldn’t criticize Björn for that. Reasonably wanted to give everybody a match first day and better to have the rookies in 4balls I’d say. Sure, could have been a disaster but could just as easily have been 2-2. Didn’t get much luck at a few key moments.

It handed the initiative to the USA imo. A foolish thing to do as it put them on the front foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Yeah. Some of those 'rookies' are in great form like Fleetwood and Rahm. Tommy's been rock solid and Jon Rahm has been pretty good. They're blooded now and it will stand to them. De Chambeau with Mickelson could be the death knell for De Chambeau.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Oooooooo molwood go one up

Match 1 and 3 should always have been bankers for Europe looking at them. Stenson and Rose should beat most on a course like this. And Mickelson/DeChambeau is a nonsense pairing that should be destroyed.

But if Molinari and Fleetwood can get a win over Spieth and Thomas, that is some bonus.

Poulter had to get that to the hole after McIlroy did all the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

It handed the initiative to the USA imo. A foolish thing to do as it put them on the front foot.

What he could have done was started the morning with 4somes which might have avoided that risk. This was said on Sky but if you check the records RCs in Europe have always started with 4balls so I’m wondering if this is actually a captains call. Still don’t believe it was that bad a call anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

shocking putt from poulter their, after rory's great drive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone see the issue with the gallery and Dustin. Seemed to be a bit of pushing and shoving.

• Advertisement

And Rors gets his first birdie after driving the green, :)

Rory makes a birdie and starts shouting at the crowd disgraceful behavior :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Clearly not up for this

Rory makes a birdie and starts shouting at the crowd disgraceful behavior
    What? :confused:

Justrik go three up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭irelandrover

prawnsambo wrote: »

It's disgraceful how little he cares about the Ryder Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rory made a good putt there. Might start something going for him.

prawnsambo wrote: »

apologies i was joking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

very long gaps between showing Phil/Sergio group, seems the same for the Casey/Spieth group this morning ,could be waiting up to fifteen mins between showing that group and they would show multiple other group shots before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Stenson/Rose look great. 3up.
    A great partnership!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Worth pointing out that both Stenson/Rose and McIlroy/Poulter are level par. One group is 3 up, the other 1 down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Worth pointing out that both Stenson/Rose and McIlroy/Poulter are level par. One group is 3 up, the other 1 down

Go away with that. There is no place around here for any such reasonable points like this!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

i wanna see all phil's drives around the water not just show where the balls are on the 2nd shot dammit,there are only 8 balls in play this afternoon, shouldnt be too difficult to show em all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mcllroy has that bounce back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Europe flying it in the second session

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

lovely bounce for noren their.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Europe flying it in the second session

Bjorn should have started with Foursomes ,it was idiotic to start with Fourball on a tight course like this.

Mcllroy has that bounce back.
    Great work to square that so quickly.

Bjorn should have started with Foursomes ,it was idiotic to start with Fourball on a tight course like this.
    Maybe. But if they get to finish on a high today, they're carrying that into the next day.

• Advertisement

This is one tough tough track!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement