Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

hawkelady wrote: »
    I’ll give you one thing Francis , you have an answer for everything. Fair dues , boss

An answer,maybe, but a solution, nah.

Defending the indefensible is the m.o. of Parnell Sq.

Always in there dancing on the head of a pin but achieving nothing.

All you have to do is look at NI.

What’s happening up there .......zzzzzzzzzzz..... nothing.

These lads can talk for Ireland, Hawk, but can do sweet bog all.

Shure we’ll sit down ...... must have a fair dose of the Chalfonts them lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I personally think the travellers are all of sub normal intellect.

If two stupid people marry then their children are going to be equally stupid. The stupid off spring then marry their first cousins who are of equally limited intellect so you arent improving the breeding through successive generations. The only way for these people to enjoy the nice things in life is to steal from other people and this is why they pick on the vulnerable elderly, they wont dare pick on anyone of equal brute strength to them. If travellers could marry brighter people then the offspring would benefit from schooling and then at least some of the travellers might progress to the workplace.

We are spending millions in disadvantaged schools and there is zilch return for all this spending. The parents are the main obstacle and impediment to the children succeeding in school, this goes for all these low intellect people and not just travellers. The problem with the travellers is the inbreeding and the enormous families, it would be possible to cater to their nonsense if you could see an end to it at some stage.

The travellers cant see beyond the next social welfare payment and in order to give your child a chance in life you need to at least educate them to second level. Third level is now a requirement for the better paying jobs but if young travellers go to college then they wont be having babies at seventeen so the chance to bleed the taxpayer is postponed. Travellers cant comphrehend getting up in the morning and working for forty years, they have no shame or no self respect so they would prefer to live off other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Glebee

tretorn wrote: »

If two stupid people marry then their children are going to be equally stupid. The stupid off spring then marry their first cousins who are of equally limited intellect so you arent improving the breeding through successive generations. The only way for these people to enjoy the nice things in life is to steal from other people and this is why they pick on the vulnerable elderly, they wont dare pick on anyone of equal brute strength to them. If travellers could marry brighter people then the offspring would benefit from schooling and then at least some of the travellers might progress to the workplace.

We are spending millions in disadvantaged schools and there is zilch return for all this spending. The parents are the main obstacle and impediment to the children succeeding in school, this goes for all these low intellect people and not just travellers. The problem with the travellers is the inbreeding and the enormous families, it would be possible to cater to their nonsense if you could see an end to it at some stage.

The travellers cant see beyond the next social welfare payment and in order to give your child a chance in life you need to at least educate them to second level. Third level is now a requirement for the better paying jobs but if young travellers go to college then they wont be having babies at seventeen so the chance to bleed the taxpayer is postponed. Travellers cant comphrehend getting up in the morning and working for forty years, they have no shame or no self respect so they would prefer to live off other people.

lol, dont hold back Peter...

• Registered Users Posts: 67,152 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

An answer,maybe, but a solution, nah.

Defending the indefensible is the m.o. of Parnell Sq.

Always in there dancing on the head of a pin but achieving nothing.

All you have to do is look at NI.

What’s happening up there .......zzzzzzzzzzz..... nothing.

These lads can talk for Ireland, Hawk, but can do sweet bog all.

Shure we’ll sit down ...... must have a fair dose of the Chalfonts them lads.

Find that info I sent you looking for yet Brendy?
    You know the info that completely undermines your usual kneejerk insinuating posting?
    Speaking of 'achieving nothing' like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

If PC is hounded out of the presidential campaign by the media and motr politicians then we truly deserve the politicians we get, liars. Speaking the truth is to be avoided at all cost, just keep peddling inoffensive waffle and shirk hard decisions.

the fcuking neck on leo varadker to try and tell me how to vote
    himself and the sycophants around him can fcuk off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I can tell you one thing for sure, travellers are not stupid.

You can see the inbreeding in their features, I am sorry if it offends but its true.

They dont even have to open their mouths, you can spot them a mile off even in a crowded shopping centre.

I dont see any evidence of intellect. Margaret Cash made me cringe and shes pretty typical of travellers. She doesnt even stop to think about the amount of money she is getting, its to be there in the bank for her and if its not she will throw a tantrum.

Is she actually pregnant again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

tretorn wrote:

I won't quote the rest of your post, but here's an example of 'sub normal' intellect. M Case a member of the travelling community not yet 30 with 7 kids in receipt of 50 k a year tax free courtesy of the taxpayer and in line for a heavily subsidised house never worked a day in her life and unlikely to. Seems she has it well thought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

billyhead wrote: »
    I will support Peter Casey if he remains in the race. I commend him for having the balls to say what he thinks. A lot of travellers are scum. Robbing from the elderly is as bad as Paedophilia.

Vote for him either way, he's on the ballot even if he drops out.

billyhead wrote: »
    A lot of travellers are scum. Robbing from the elderly is as bad as Paedophilia.

Did he say that or was that the real implication of what he was saying?

You just proved what most reasonable people I imagine believe, is that Casey knew he was tapping into this ^ mindset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Find that info I sent you looking for yet Brendy?
    You know the info that completely undermines your usual kneejerk insinuating posting?
    Speaking of 'achieving nothing' like.

Francie me auld flower, you are wasting your time pissing against the wind ,but I’m sure that won’t stop you horsing out the usual rhetoric from #44.

Heh heh.………

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

peter@petercasey.ie

from his website. Also on Twitter as @CaseyPeterJ

Mail sent

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I won't quote the rest of your post, but here's an example of 'sub normal' intellect. M Case a member of the travelling community not yet 30 with 7 kids in receipt of 50 k a year tax free courtesy of the taxpayer and in line for a heavily subsidised house never worked a day in her life and unlikely to. Seems she has it well thought out.

She hasnt it well thought out, she is doing what her great granny, her Granny and her mother did and all her Aunts and cousins. Her children will do exactly the same too and you might as well burn the money spent on getting these people into education, its utterly pointless as long as there is 50,000 euros in the bank for her and the opportunity to help herself to whatever she wants when she goes "shopping".
    There is no way the staff in Penneys didnt see her with the skip full of clothes, they let her out the door because they were intimidated. Peter Casey is probably being intimidated now too, he wont get a moments peace now and neither will his wife. This is why no one stands up to these law less people, the children are thieving while they are in nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

You just proved what most reasonable people I imagine believe, is that Casey knew he was tapping into this ^ mindset.

Just to get one thing straight, do you condem the attacks on elderly people in their homes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Mail sent

Messaged earlier

horse7 wrote: »
    By the look of Casey on the news I would say he,s been threatened.

just adding hearsay to this but a knowledgeable friend told me on the phone today there is a hit out on casey

i asked him was he serious and he said
    " i don't know, did you hear what he said about them"
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Travellers can be logical enough. 'I can live my life in a certain way without having to work very hard, I can get alot of freebies as well as do Abit of grafting on the side and be treated differently/get away with behavior that non travellers cannot'
    We nearly all are a product of our upbringing and whatever that norm is.

If travellers were treated like Joe soap they would have to change.

Francie me auld flower, you are wasting your time pissing against the wind ,but I’m sure that won’t stop you horsing out the usual rhetoric from #44.

Heh heh.………

Here is the rhetoric from the representative of Parnell Sq. Brendy:
    Sinn Féin Councillor David Doran says they should be allocated to someone else on the housing list if a way forward can not be found.

"We have 900 people on the housing list in my district, we have six state-of-the-art houses built and there's an impasse or a dispute between the prospective families and the council," said Cllr Doran.

You my friend are closer to Parnell Sq than I am, on this one. Chuffed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Let's everybody vote for Casey as a protest vote!! Hey Hey Hurrah, come on let's get the show on the road.. tell your friends, start a FB group!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The problem with the intelligence argument is that for various reasons, they're likely not to have had as much formal school education as most people, surely that makes it difficult to make any anecdotal observations on intelligence? Inherent lack of intelligence and uneducated ignorance appear identical to the untrained eye, you'd need a scientific study with controls etc to answer a question like that. By that rationale, a lot of the people from the gangland scene could also be accused of being of lower intelligence, when the truth is that they're just more likely to have not bothered with school and/or f*cked up their heads with opiates over the years.

It's a pointless debate, since in the current climate nobody is going to commission or oversee any kind of scientific study into it. Personally, my view is that if there is any difference in perceived intelligence, it's far more likely to be related to a lack of education than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

What he meant to say is a lot of people are scum.

Especially those that trespass on private property and threaten anyone with the temerity to ask them to leave, who will threaten and intimade the vulnerable and isolated members of the community, who see education as a negative endeavour, who'll fire a shotgun at someone holding an infant, who'll descend in their hordes in luxury vehicles on a town for a funeral and wreck whatever hostelry is unlucky enough to accomadate them, who'll wantonly destroy the environment around where they live, who will mistreat animals or race them on public roads threatening serious risk to anyone they encounter, whose partners are 16 times as likely to have the proverbial 5hite beatenout of them,
    who'll steal €300 from Pennys, while on €50k/year and rock up to the local Garda statiom demanding a forever home, while their partner languishes on remand for attacking someone with a sharpened tent peg.

Those kind of people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Far as I know, nobody has denied that travellers commit crimes. Not even Pavee Point do that.

As I said to somebody else, we could play Traveller Crime, Settled Crime all night.
    The country is awash with crime committed by many different types of people.

Up to this many people would have blamed the complete undermining of rural policing.

I’ve yet to experience the settled community invading a workplace with their caravans and animals, proceed to intimidate the employees, steal from their cars, trash the place causing thousands of euros of damage, trying to extort money and act with impunity when asked to move off private property by the guards.

I concede this is anecdotal but I suspect that the amount of Travellers with dozens of previous convictions is disproportionate to the general population.

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

tretorn wrote:
    She hasnt it well thought out, she is doing what her great granny, her Granny and her mother did and all her Aunts and cousins. Her children will do exactly the same too and you might as well burn the money spent on getting these people into education, its utterly pointless as long as there is 50,000 euros in the bank for her and the opportunity to help herself to whatever she wants when she goes "shopping". There is no way the staff in Penneys didnt see her with the skip full of clothes, they let her out the door because they were intimidated. Peter Casey is probably being intimidated now too, he wont get a moments peace now and neither will his wife. This is why no one stands up to these law less people, the children are thieving while they are in nappies.

Yet she's not the wage slave providing her prodigy with the necessities of life it's the other mugs who get up early ( that Leo promised to represent)and earn the taxable income that provides for her and her kin. She spends all day whinging how the government is robbing her ( ironic considering her visit to court this week.)yet she is a beneficiary of government policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Being off Internet threads for a while, but Im going to respond to the false accusation of " racism " made against Peter Casey- lets break down what he said & those playing the race card kindly explain whats " racist " about any of what he said.
    " they are "basically people camping in someone else's land. "

From time to time there is often news reports about a group of travellers moving into a car park or private property with caravans basically " camping in someone else's land" as Peter Casey put it,, how is " racist " to highlight or point out that some travellers set up camp on someone else,s property ?

https://kildare-nationalist.ie/2013/07/16/anger-over-travellers-camping-in-athy-estate/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2709724/Anger-group-travellers-set-camp-school-playing-fields-days-closed-summer.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/army-backup-urged-to-shift-travellers-who-refuse-to-move-from-carpark-29474573.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fury-as-travellers-take-over-shrine-car-park-26146560.html
    " They are not paying their fair share of taxes in society."

Most travellers are unemployed + are they subject to paying LPT ?

How is " racist " to highlight or ask this ?
    " claiming Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority."

For all this talk that they are a distinct ethnic minority what exactly makes them a ethnic minority ? different culture a subculture yes- but ethnic minority ? do they have some form of unique Dna/genes that makes them a distinct ethnic minority ? How is " racist " for someone whether in public or in private conversation to question what makes Travellers an ethnic minority ?
    He cited an ongoing dispute in Tipperary where six homes are empty in a €1.7m development because families living on an unauthorised site nearby want stables for horses.

"I'm sorry, there's something seriously wrong with society when we're at that stage," Mr Casey said.

How is it " racist " to highlight or talk about this current affairs news story , should such news stories be above public discussion under the guise of " anti racism " ?

Yo you know for all this talk by some left wing groups of building bridges etc, if you really to build bridges then allow for open honest dialogue stop trying to play the race card to stifle debate/discussion.

Being off Internet threads for a while, but Im going to respond to the false accusation of " racism " made against Peter Casey- lets break down what he said & those playing the race card kindly explain whats " racist " about any of what he said.

From time to time there is often news reports about a group of travellers moving into a car park or private property with caravans basically " camping in someone else's land" as Peter Casey put it,, how is " racist " to highlight or point out that some travellers set up camp on someone else,s property ?

https://kildare-nationalist.ie/2013/07/16/anger-over-travellers-camping-in-athy-estate/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2709724/Anger-group-travellers-set-camp-school-playing-fields-days-closed-summer.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/army-backup-urged-to-shift-travellers-who-refuse-to-move-from-carpark-29474573.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fury-as-travellers-take-over-shrine-car-park-26146560.html

Most travellers are unemployed + are they subject to paying LPT ?

How is " racist " to highlight or ask this ?

For all this talk that they are a distinct ethnic minority what exactly makes them a ethnic minority ? different culture a subculture yes- but ethnic minority ? do they have some form of unique Dna/genes that makes them a distinct ethnic minority ? How is " racist " for someone whether in public or in private conversation to question what makes Travellers an ethnic minority ?

How is it " racist " to highlight or talk about this current affairs news story , should such news stories be above public discussion under the guise of " anti racism " ?

Yo you know for all this talk by some left wing groups of building bridges etc, if you really to build bridges then allow for open honest dialogue stop trying to play the race card to stifle debate/discussion.

what a fcuking load of manure

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

We can still never forgive him for keeping the beach open!!

I’ve yet to experience the settled community invading a workplace with their caravans and animals, proceed to intimidate the employees, steal from their cars, trash the place causing thousands of euros of damage, trying to extort money and act with impunity when asked to move off private property by the guards.

I concede this is anecdotal but I suspect that the amount of Travellers with dozens of previous convictions is disproportionate to the general population.

TbL

We know it is disproportionate.

Let me ask you this, what would happen if a US presidential candidate made a sweeping statement like that about black people, who are represented disproportionately in their prison system? Let me ask you, would he be right? Would he be lauded by the same people on here for being 'honest'?

We know there is a freaking problem. The question is, is that or alliterated by a coward who makes a sweeping statement and then runs away from it and from offering any solutions to the problem. He also seems to lie at will about other candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Do travellers pay electricity and bin charges?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

Calhoun wrote: »
    This is wrong it wasn't a normal burgarly case, they intimidated and made the life of Nash hell for a long time before it happened.

I believe he has actually started sleeping in the stables outside he was too scared to sleep in the house.

So yah imagine all that going on, the authorities doing sweet FA and you understand why someone would take the law into their own hands and reload and out two more into him.

how is that elderly man these days we never hear about him? I hope hes doing ok hes a hero of mine !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

We know it is disproportionate.
    Let me ask you this, what would happen if a US presidential candidate made a sweeping statement like that about black people, who are represented disproportionately in their prison system? Let me ask you, would he be right? Would he be lauded by the same people on here for being 'honest'?

It probably wouldn't end well if a US presidential candidate did that.

But Francie, you're not honestly telling me that you think black people in the US are represented dis-proportionally in their prison system for the same reasons as travelers are here are you?

Now, of course it depends on who you ask on whether or not they were inflammatory comments, or whether it was wise to make them, or even why he made them.

But comparing these two situations is pretty disingenuous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement