Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I never called him a 'rascist'. So you can forget that one.

And I said that generalised comments about a community is 'hate speech' imo.
    What about if you said ‘ They were a lovely bunch of Lads “ ?:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

blinding wrote: »
    Father Ted for Travellers .

Perfect for the Pheonix Park . Always having their Horticultural Implements near at hand .

And they could play hunt the Leprechaun when they get bored .

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 67,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Agreed terrible performance by Tubs, Casey held his own.

Jesus, it's like being in a school debate. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Agreed terrible performance by Tubs, Casey held his own.

They're both eejits. Why anyone would willingly watch that pair of gob****es is beyond me. I'd sooner shove rusty nails up my japs eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I have seen you being repeatedly asked to back up your claims that Casey is racist and engaged in hate speech. No replies and when you did deflection from what you are asked. As I said earlier you are tedious.

Casey made clear derogatory generalisations about Travellers being people ‘who camp on other people’s land’. True for a few but not true for the huge majority. Stuff like that willful ignorance stirs up hatred.

He then started on those on welfare but was unable to say anything coherent about that last night. I’m surprised more of you aren’t embarrassed for voting for that cretin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

tubridy looks like he never ate a right dinner in his life

Image of the 7UP man

DXJeAg0X4AIdfDK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭omega man

Tubridy and company just don’t get it. In their clamer to be vocally outraged and to vilify Casey in the process they are in fact cementing Caseys support base and if anything increasing it. A new low from tubridy and that’s saying something.

We can not compare the Casey vote to trump / brexit but if the left leaning media maintain this unhealthy approach then I’m afraid it will further alienate an already frustrated sizeable number of our society and in turn open the door to god knows what.

I have seen you being repeatedly asked to back up your claims that Casey is racist and engaged in hate speech. No replies and when you did deflection from what you are asked. As I said earlier you are tedious.

Casey made clear derogatory generalisations about Travellers being people ‘who camp on other people’s land’. True for a few but not true for the huge majority. Stuff like that willful ignorance stirs up hatred.

He then started on those on welfare but was unable to say anything coherent about that last night. I’m surprised more of you aren’t embarrassed for voting for that cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It worked for me, and I dare say many others.
    Casey was revealed- AGAIN - to be a shallow egotist, with nothing to say after loudmouthing some soundbytes.

He looked ridiculous at times, tried to goad with semantics and failed.

He identifies as centre left.
    He believes in all people being equal.
    He is Anti Establishment....you know...like what Sinn Fein were trying to be before they got all woke in a spectacular misjudgment as typified by their own campaign.

All the vitriol and hyperbole in the world won't change Peter Caseys result and Sinn Feins result.

He did in 2 weeks what Sinn Fein have been trying to do for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Less than 90 seconds of making her point. Casey rudely interrupted her twice as unable to hear a challenge. And the man wanted to be our chief diplomat. FFS.

She went on an incoherent rant and both Casey and tubridy eventually had to ask 'whay is your actual question'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I never called him a 'rascist'. So you can forget that one.

And I said that generalised comments about a community is 'hate speech' imo.

You did, you also prior to the election stated you would like to see Casey in prison. Again you can't back up your claims of hate speech. Nothing more than your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

He is Anti Establishment....you know...like what Sinn Fein were trying to be before they got all woke in a spectacular misjudgment as typified by their own campaign.

All the vitriol and hyperbole in the world won't change Peter Caseys result and Sinn Feins result.

Sinn Fein are an apt comparison in that both they and Casey seem fond of spouting populist nonsense with no substance to back it up.

If you voted for that man you're as thich as a ditch.
    otterj wrote: »
    *thick
    Typos happen, build a f*cking bridge.

I'd never call people up on typos usually but there's something majestic about it when it happens this way. Calling people stupid or thick and fluffing it. It's just a little bit of irony and it's kinda funny.

What? Lost an election by the greatest margin in the Republic’s 97 year history?

And him identifying as centre-left shows his understanding of politics matches some of his fans on here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

He can add a few items to his manifesto:

Shut down RTE

I'd vote for that
    I'd settle for removal of the TV license, they would soon crumble without it.

Instead RTE want to increase it....:rolleyes:

So what? What has SF got to do with Casey?

I don't want to change Casey's result. I am delighted that the 23% of people who have prejudices are now out in the open.
    They have always been there and available for any egotist who cannot find a party to take him to exploit.
    The joke is on those on this bandwagon.

To my dying day I will have respect for those in the campaign who didn't follow him into cheap rabblerousing.

If you think that a typo is ironic you're obviously triggered that you fall into the thick as a ditch category, unless you genuinely believe someone who can operate a smart phone can't spell thick, in which case you're probably not self aware enough to have been triggered.

You sound triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

So Tubridy is nice to the globalist, open borders hack who wants everyone vegan and who has never worked in her life; a complete intellectual charlatan for a group of people that don't have Irish interests in mind, yet he tries to play the tough lad on Casey?

she has never worked in her life? are you sure about that? hasn't she been working to implement human rights all over the world for years.

Casey came out of that mess well.

He's doing what Trump does in relation to media:

1: Say something true or what is seen to be true in a hilarious way.
    2: Get the left/the media to freak the fùck out over it.
    3: Hold your position, let them make an arse of themselves, and let people see how much of a freak these people are.
    4: More people come over to your position/agree with you.

and he has failed at it all.

Case in point:

https://twitter.com/Donal_OKeeffe/status/1058505518854094848

He will gain in popularity after this and if he follows the above pattern, he'll do even better.

80% of the population voting for other candidates in the presidential election suggests to me at least, that this is unlikely.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    How can the Travellers be both ‘untouchable ‘ and the highest per capita population in prison.

Contradictory, no?

It's like them bloody immigrants. Simultaneously not working yet somehow taking our jobs.

Jesus, it's like being in a school debate. :rolleyes:

Hit the ignore button if you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

His big idea is to run the country as if it was a company. Is that centre left?

His handlers might advise him to get some new anecdotes. The 80 year old woman waiting for a hip replacement and the student having to travel 90 minutes to university have been wheeled out too often. I wonder what business model would give the student affordable accommodation near to UCD.

You did, you also prior to the election stated you would like to see Casey in prison. Again you can't back up your claims of hate speech. Nothing more than your opinion.

Show me where I called him a 'racist' then. (cue: more rants about me being tiresome and a huffy exit no doubt)

I do think those who indulge in hate speech should go to prison. That is my opinion too.

You are just giving an 'opinion' even though you seem to be carried away on delusions of it being some sort of creed or truth.

Oddly enough I seem to recall the Shinners weren't cheerleading Tubridy and RTE when he tried to ambush and corner Gerry Adams. Tubs also failed in that attempt. Tubridy is not able to take people down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So what? What has SF got to do with Casey?

I don't want to change Casey's result. I am delighted that the 23% of people who have prejudices are now out in the open.
    They have always been there and available for any egotist who cannot find a party to take him to exploit.
    The joke is on those on this bandwagon.

To my dying day I will have respect for those in the campaign who didn't follow him into cheap rabblerousing.

His vote tended to come mostly from SF and FF voters, reflecting the strong rural working-class support of both.

Oddly enough I seem to recall the Shinners weren't cheerleading Tubridy and RTE when he tried to ambush and corner Gerry Adams. Tubs also failed in that attempt. Tubridy is not able to take people down.

Who is cheerleading Tubridy?
    Tubridy just did what he does most weeks.

I do think those who indulge in hate speech should go to prison. That is my opinion too.

Kill all Travellers. - Hate speech.

Travellers camp on other people's land. - Not hate speech. That might be a generalisation but it's not enough to land you in prison and if it was, the walls would be bursting at the seams.

Danzy wrote: »
    His vote tended to come mostly from SF and FF voters, reflecting the strong rural working-class support of both.

And neither party want him or those who would vote for him I would imagine.

If they did you would hear FF and SF politicians spouting the same hate speech and generalising that he does.

Show me where I called him a 'racist' then. (cue: more rants about me being tiresome and a huffy exit no doubt)

You are just giving an 'opinion' even though you seem to be carried away on delusions of it being some sort of creed or truth.
    You have circa 700 posts on this thread alone, you think I'm going to pick out every post where you described Casey as racist not happening. How did the guards deal with your compliant about Casey? Has he a court date yet?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Kill all Travellers. - Hate speech.

Travellers 'are just' camp on other people's land. - Not hate speech.

In your opinion, it isn't - if it is a 'generalisation'(which it was) then it is done to exploit prejudice and hate that he knew exists = hate speech.

• Advertisement

And neither party want him or those who would vote for him I would imagine.

If they did you would hear FF and SF politicians spouting the same hate speech and generalising that he does.
    Peter Casey obliterated the Sinn Fein candidate even in border areas. I'm not surprised you are so worried.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement