Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anyone think Might Bite could be the dark horse (literally) this year
    If this wind op goes well and NH does what only he can, with a weak field, lets be honest, if the ground suits........
    currently 20/1.....

Of course, he could also just be this years Yorkhill and just not map atall!

Only 10s with Bet 365. Where you getting 20s?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Anyone think Might Bite could be the dark horse (literally) this year
    If this wind op goes well and NH does what only he can, with a weak field, lets be honest, if the ground suits........
    currently 20/1.....

Of course, he could also just be this years Yorkhill and just not map atall!

I think he'll be the one I eventually go for at the prices . Him and sizing John look the value at the moment . If the ground is good they have big chances .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Only 10s with Bet 365. Where you getting 20s?

That'd be NRNB. Can easily get 14s and 16s across the other books. 20s on Betfair and Unibet. Oddschecker is a very handy bit of kit lad. Would be half tempted by SJ at 25s especially with Aidan's blessing!

Trying to remove my bias but I can't help make my eyes jump out seeing Thistlecrack at 16s. Gold Cup is a very interesting market although most markets are extremely interesting given the lacklustre form from most horses, especially from a lot of the bigger names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Angliru wrote: »
    That'd be NRNB. Can easily get 14s and 16s across the other books. 20s on Betfair and Unibet. Oddschecker is a very handy bit of kit lad. Would be half tempted by SJ at 25s especially with Aidan's blessing!

Trying to remove my bias but I can't help make my eyes jump out seeing Thistlecrack at 16s. Gold Cup is a very interesting market although most markets are extremely interesting given the lacklustre form from most horses, especially from a lot of the bigger names.

I've been on the Thistlecrack train since the KG too lad. His price relative to NR given their 2 runs this year is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Sizing John a NR this weekend, Will he get a run before the Festival?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Slattsy wrote: »
    This day 6 weeks i'll be sitting down to my first pint after a bowl of coddle in the nearby café :)

Had to forfeit my Tuesday half day in work.... will be working until 1pm then back on between races from the comfort of my sitting room!! Will make it to the pub Thursday and Friday most likely - can't be greedy!! :pac:
    Clan Des Obeaux performance in the KG was the best 3 mile chase performance of the year. Hes age on his side as well and looks a rapidly improving sort. Ill be shocked if hes not on the snaff turning into the straight.

Agreed!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Snaff away into the straight all he likes he’ll fall into a hole when the stayers are there and start pushing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

What that guy said /\

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Who's your idea of the winner so? A repeat for Native River?

The Mig wrote: »
    Snaff away into the straight all he likes he’ll fall into a hole when the stayers are there and start pushing

Hes an ambundance of stamina too, badly outpaced and he was only getting going jumping the last in last years big handicap chase @Chelt over 2m 5f giving nearly 2 stone to the winner. I just cant fathom how a Paul Nicholls young improving 7 year old who won a King George with loads left in the tank and has course form is such a big price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Hes an ambundance of stamina too, badly outpaced and he was only getting going jumping the last in last years big handicap chase @Chelt over 2m 5f giving nearly 2 stone to the winner. I just cant fathom how a Paul Nicholls young improving 7 year old who won a King George with loads left in the tank and has course form is such a big price.

He’s a big price because his last run is by far his best and came out of the blue really as he never threatened at that level before, I myself find it hard to trust him to do it again as he has let me down in the past and would need to see him back up his last run.
    Jockey said after the race at kempton he was flat out the whole way to keep up with them which concerns me also with the test of jumping at Cheltenham being far greater at a fast pace.
    If Henderson is giving good reports of might bite in the weeks before he might be the e/w bet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Who's your idea of the winner so? A repeat for Native River?
    Unoriginal but Percy for me. The horse is just class.

I'd much rather back Sizing John, Road to Respect, Bellshill, Might Bite at bigger prices than CDO at 9s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

aidankkk wrote: »
    I think he'll be the one I eventually go for at the prices . Him and sizing John look the value at the moment . If the ground is good they have big chances .

jessica isnt running on good ground this weekend?

cant back MB till the week itself
    ground is EVERYTHING for him, and even with the ground he could blow up but we all know the potential is there

for me i am thinking a front 3 of Percy, Thistlecrack, Bellshill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Clan Des Obeaux is the new Silviniaco Conti, could win the next 2 KG but won’t get competitive in March

EICVD wrote: »
    Clan Des Obeaux is the new Silviniaco Conti, could win the next 2 KG but won’t get competitive in March

On what basis have you came to that conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

On what basis have you came to that conclusion?

Same Trainer, has 4 legs and same animal I'd say were his criteria.

Same Trainer, has 4 legs and same animal I'd say were his criteria.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I don't think Clan Des Obeaux will stay. I'd still fancy Native River to win in March.

People tipping native river, are ye just solely going on last year's form? Can't see how anyone can have him over say, thistlecrack this year ?

• Advertisement

People tipping native river, are ye just solely going on last year's form? Can't see how anyone can have him over say, thistlecrack this year ?

Hes ran 2 great races in the circumstances this season you cant knock a warrior like Native River if you want a run for your money hes the horse to back cant see him out of the places imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gold Cup runs are 3rd and 1st, he's guaranteed to stay the trip, likes the track, good comeback run at Haydock and stayed on well at Kempton on a track that wouldn't suit or play to his strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Thistlecrack Eachway at 14s just too good to pass on. The run in the King George was a real step up. If he improves on that again should place. The hype around Animix has gone for the Supreme but if he keeps his entry for Saturday and wins I can see a tumble in prices again about 12/1 now worth a small Ew NRNB.

Apple's Jade for the Champion Hurdle NRNB. Had the possibility of winning it but Elliott seems to think the Mares Hurdle is where she will go. I'd say slot depends on Samcro.

i am surprised PP haven't gone NRNB all races yet
    Way behind last year

piplip87 wrote: »
    Thistlecrack Eachway at 14s just too good to pass on. The run in the King George was a real step up. If he improves on that again should place. The hype around Animix has gone for the Supreme but if he keeps his entry for Saturday and wins I can see a tumble in prices again about 12/1 now worth a small Ew NRNB.

Apple's Jade for the Champion Hurdle NRNB. Had the possibility of winning it but Elliott seems to think the Mares Hurdle is where she will go. I'd say slot depends on Samcro.

Appes hade gone to 4/1 now for the big one. Surely Elliott has to to send her there now

Anyone who heard Eddie just now will know it's the mares. Will people please shut up about the CH and enjoy what she is doing.
    Eddie does not play mind games
    He can't have said it any more definitivelying
    Shefmy absolutely IS going mares

Anyone who heard Eddie just now will know it's the mares. Will people please shut up about the CH and enjoy what she is doing.
    Eddie does not play mind games
    He can't have said it any more definitivelying
    Shefmy absolutely IS going mares

Didn't catch that interview. Still I think it's an absolute waste sending her to the Mares.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

people said it was a waste sending her to the mares last year and then she got turned over, it's no gimme

• Advertisement

Yyeesss. That's defil in the jlt for sure now

Advertisement