Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Anyone who heard Eddie just now will know it's the mares. Will people please shut up about the CH and enjoy what she is doing.
    Eddie does not play mind games
    He can't have said it any more definitivelying
    Shefmy absolutely IS going mares

Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Commander of fleet has to go to the Ballymore after that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

BumperD wrote: »

It's grand though he struck a deal with the bookie where he could have €100,000 on Malone Road and the bookie agreed to give him €200,000 if Malone Road didn't run as he was such a cert to win. #gamebythevilla

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Whiplash85 wrote: »

Eddie ó leary said he will go in the 3 mile novice hurdle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Whiplash85 wrote: »

Already have Battleoverdoyen for the Ballymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Hard to believe Mengli Khan was a decent flat horse, he was slow as a boat yesterday looked like he needed another lap of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I don't think Mengli fancies his new job. Speed doesn't really come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

According to Elliot, Apples Jade goes for the Champion Hurdle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just missed the 2/1 with Bet365 by a few minutes! Balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

BD versus the two mares with their allowances now we have an exciting Champion Hurdle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Roger won't be happy. Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Laurina for the mares so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Angliru wrote: »
    Laurina for the mares so

Was never going anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Apples jade setting a fast pace will only suit buveur d’air.
    Can’t see her winning unless he makes mistakes.
    His most impressive performance was v Samcro and he set a nice pace and led buveur d’air nicely into the race.
    Same will happen at Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Hope Laurina goes CH so we see how good she is plus Walsh would want to ride her and Benie then in the mares surely?

Laurina or Sharjah in the CH Walsh will only be picking Laurina so lets hope she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Fair play to anyone who got a nice price on Apples Jade for the Champion Hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Fair play to anyone who got a nice price on Apples Jade for the Champion Hurdle

Couldnt believe she was 6/1 nrnb with 365 on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I’m not buying the “in season” talk about AJ’s previous poor cheltenham performances.

I think she doesn’t like the track and I will be taking her on whatever she runs in

Apples jade setting a fast pace will only suit buveur d’air.
    Can’t see her winning unless he makes mistakes.
    His most impressive performance was v Samcro and he set a nice pace and led buveur d’air nicely into the race.
    Same will happen at Cheltenham

Your comparing an inferior animal to probably the best mare of our generation. Apples Jade would lap Samcro.

I’m not buying the “in season” talk about AJ’s previous poor cheltenham performances.

I think she doesn’t like the track and I will be taking her on whatever she runs in

Something certainly caused her to run an absolute shocker and it wasnt the dislike of the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Think Joseph o'brien horses running well enough so was looking to put bet on him for top trainer at Cheltenham. I took him at 50-1 on bet365. Surprised that PP have him at only 14-1. Some difference of opinion.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Your comparing an inferior animal to probably the best mare of our generation. Apples Jade would lap Samcro.

Annie power is the best mare of our generation.
    Apples won’t be winning the champion hurdle, she will set it up for the speed horses.

Annie power is the best mare of our generation.
    Apples won’t be winning the champion hurdle, she will set it up for the speed horses.

How can you say she "wont" win it. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Close 2nd in the Triumph having not run for 3 months, then won the mares hurdle beating G1 winner Vroum Vroum Mag. Hardly poor performances.
    Last year wasn't good, but two good runs v one bad doesn't really support your argument.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    How can you say she "wont" win it. Bizarre.

I cant have her at all, sure Gordon has Samcro and apples jade for years now and has always said if he has a champion hurdler in the yard It was Samcro.
    Melon was awful yesterday and supasundae hasn’t been himself this season the rest are rubbish anyway.
    I like the horse but 2 miles is not her trip buveur d’air would of had no problem tracking her around yesterday and pouncing late and that’s what he needs to be seen to his best as nothing can ever lead him far enough into his races.
    Her form is nothing special if you look back through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

I cant have her at all, sure Gordon has Samcro and apples jade for years now and has always said if he has a champion hurdler in the yard It was Samcro.
    Melon was awful yesterday and supasundae hasn’t been himself this season the rest are rubbish anyway.
    I like the horse but 2 miles is not her trip buveur d’air would of had no problem tracking her around yesterday and pouncing late and that’s what he needs to be seen to his best as nothing can ever lead him far enough into his races.

I’m not overly keen on her for the Champion Hurdle either but to say her form is nothing special is unbelievably harsh. Her winning distances are ridiculous. I like the strong opinion all the same.

You certanly live up to your username Mr. Ostrich!

I’m not overly keen on her for the Champion Hurdle either but to say her form is nothing special is unbelievably harsh. Her winning distances are ridiculous. I like the strong opinion all the same.

The distances are special but her opposition yesterday was a stayer in 2nd a horse on a retrieval mission, an under performer and a couple no hopers.
    Typical of most her races, and I know it’s not her fault what turns up but she’s very beatable when you look through her form.
    I’d fancy Sharjah to beat her too

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

The distances are special but her opposition yesterday was a stayer in 2nd a horse on a retrieval mission, an under performer and a couple no hopers.
    Typical of most her races, and I know it’s not her fault what turns up but she’s very beatable when you look through her form.
    I’d fancy Sharjah to beat her too

I don't think Supasundae is an ought and ought stayer at all. Would be of the opinion he'd have won the Champion Hurdle last year had he ran in it. I don't think Petit Mouchoir nor Melon ran *that* much below their best form on Saturday either. Saying that I will most likely take her on at Cheltenham, not sure the Old Course is ideal for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Will Willie get a run into Laurina before the Champion Hurdle? Ricci said he hopes to get a run into Saldier at the Red Mills in 2 weeks.

Advertisement