Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Roscommon hotel (asylum seekers)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

This comment ignores the fact that fresh waves of Muslim immigrants will still have higher brithrates than native English. All population projections show the Muslim population in the UK increasing, when we should be decreasing it because Muslims are invasive.

You may find this difficult to understand, but you are not automatically granted citizenship by being born here and most of those children are dual citizens. Unlike most Irish, they can have their citizenship revoked and some of them don't even identity as Irish.

I was on RTE News' Facebook page last year, when I saw banned Boards.ie user Seaneh lecturing an African girl living in Irish on her nationality. She said she doesn't feel Irish but he was telling her she is. He basically shoving Irishness down her throat being his usual condescending self too. The vast majority of Africans arrived here as bogus asylum seekers and stayed here because of weak immigration control. Their Irishness is very superficial.

It's disappointing to Europeans hand out nationality like a free newspaper. It's the reason why we have to install anti-terror barriers on Grafton Street, Heanty sterrt and the UK's airports are armed to the teeth.

It was also the reason the Phoenix Park was put into lockdown against vehicles for the Papal Visit. No buses or cars were allowed anywhere near the park in case some crazed lunatic would hire a coach and drive in into families with young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

tretorn wrote: »
    4% of the huge number of Muslims in a colossal number.

Again I dont believe any of your statistics..

Convenient. They aren't "my " statistics by the way. You're the one making things up as you go along.
    I see whats happening in our country with my own eyes and its not good..

Given the goggles you're wearing thats not suprising.
    Officially 12 % of the country is now non national but yet 33% of the numbers on the public housing lists are non nationals. This is before Brexit actually happens and now Italy has joined the Eastern European countries in saying NO to asylum seekers. Spain will be next and Germany has already taken its fair share. Are we to be the dumping ground now that other stronger countries are closing their doors.

You don't really get statistics and the like, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Grayson wrote: »
    Because most africans are young men? That sentence doesn't make any sense. And is it bad that they are men (If they are. I assume at least some are)?

Well the Government told us were were taking families from Syria yet yesterday it was said they are coming from North Africa and most of the young men from that area are economic migrants.

We are going to get the asylum seekers the other countries dont want.

Merkel took the best of what was available, or so she thought but then native Germans were attacked by immigrants.
    You may be sure that we are going to get male unemployable North Africans. If you see the people jumping on the dinghies they are all young males. They could afford to pay for flights but they dont because they think they can force their way into countries that dont want them more successfully by arriving on boats.

The best decision ever was Italy refusing to allow them to land and the NGOS being told to go back to their 9 to 5 jobs. If they are towed to Libya after having their details and their fingerprints taken hopefully they wont go sailing in dinghys again.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Convenient. They aren't "my " statistics by the way. You're the one making things up as you go along.

Given the goggles you're wearing thats not suprising.

You don't really get statistics and the like, do you?

No , I dont have much time for statistics.

If the numbers on the public housing list are over 30% then I suspect the numbers of non nationals here is way in excess of the official figures of 12 %.

I doubt if anyone in officialdom actually knows. it certainly took them long enough to deal with the bogus marriages, we were being taken for fools by these charlatans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Well the Government told us were were taking families from Syria yet yesterday it was said they are coming from North Africa and most of the young men from that area are economic migrants.

few things.

A couple of pages back people were saying we had no obligation to take any refugees. Now the tone of the thread seems to have shifted to no africans.

Second I replied to your post that said most africans are young men.
    Would be interesting to know how many of them are young men as well, I'd suggest quite a few if they are African.

And now it's switched to most young men from there are economic migrants. That doesn't establish that most africans are young men.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

There is a bit of naivety thinking anyone here illegally is going to fill in the census form.

Any foreigners Iv shared houses with here couldn't be bothered and they were european. :pac:

No , I dont have much time for statistics.

If the numbers on the public housing list are over 30% then I suspect the numbers of non nationals here is way in excess of the official figures of 12 %.

I doubt if anyone in officialdom actually knows. it certainly took them long enough to deal with the bogus marriages, we were being taken for fools by these charlatans.

2tkpne.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This comment ignores the fact that fresh waves of Muslim immigrants will still have higher brithrates than native English. All population projections show the Muslim population in the UK increasing, when we should be decreasing it because Muslims are invasive.

You may find this difficult to understand, but you are not automatically granted citizenship by being born here and most of those children are dual citizens. Unlike most Irish, they can have their citizenship revoked and some of them don't even identity as Irish.

I was on RTE News' Facebook page last year, when I saw banned Boards.ie user Seaneh lecturing an African girl living in Irish on her nationality. She said she doesn't feel Irish but he was telling her she is. He basically shoving Irishness down her throat being his usual condescending self too. The vast majority of Africans arrived here as bogus asylum seekers and stayed here because of weak immigration control. Their Irishness is very superficial.

It's disappointing to Europeans hand out nationality like a free newspaper. It's the reason why we have to install anti-terror barriers on Grafton Street, Heanty sterrt and the UK's airports are armed to the teeth.

Haven't been in Dublin city centre since just before Xmas but one thing I did notice was Diversity Barrier's on Henry Street. They were very large cube plant pots that would need a truck to drive through them. They were shaped in a chicane, so you can still drive through them but you can't just turn off the street and plow through. It was quite well done and didn't look like Barrier's, but it would have been tough going for any of our diverse friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

http://www.ipo.gov.ie/en/ipo/pages/statistics

IPO monthly statistics for asylum seems to give out the absolute bare minimum of detail.

Top 5 countries + overall total. No male female split etc.

Applications jumped 25% from 2017 to 2018 so thats why they need all these extra places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Aside from all the other reasons -

We can't house the people we already have in the country.

The gates should be shut until we figure that problem out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Well, anyone who disagrees with open borders for economic migrants has been openly called a racist on this thread, good going. How does one continue with such a disgraceful epithet hanging over one's head....

Nonetheless..

Angela Nagle wrote an interesting piece a few months ago called The Left Case against Open Borders.

One stat stuck with me, although I agree with the thrust of her argument overall, which is based on brain drain, undermining of sovreignty and the fact that the rich elitists benefit by far the most from population migrations, and the working class and struggling middle very much do not. Open Borders used to be a right wing desire, after all, cheap labour etc.

The stat is that ''According to Foreign Policy magazine, “There are more Ethiopian physicians practising in Chicago today than in all of Ethiopia, a country of 80 million.”

Shocking.

https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2...-open-borders/

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Being an asylum seeker does not automatically make you a good person.

And being Syrian/an asylum seeker doesn't automatically make you a criminal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Who is for free borders?
    A few immigrant families into the country does not equal free borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Zorya wrote: »
    Well, anyone who disagrees with open borders for economic migrants has been openly called a racist on this thread, good going. How does one continue with such a disgraceful epithet hanging over one's head....

Nonetheless..

Angela Nagle wrote an interesting piece a few months ago called The Left Case against Open Borders.

One stat stuck with me, although I agree with the thrust of her argument overall, which is based on brain drain, undermining of sovreignty and the fact that the rich elitists benefit by far the most from population migrations, and the working class and struggling middle very much do not. Open Borders used to be a right wing desire, after all, cheap labour etc.

The stat is that ''According to Foreign Policy magazine, “There are more Ethiopian physicians practising in Chicago today than in all of Ethiopia, a country of 80 million.”

Shocking.

https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2...-open-borders/

It still is to an extent. Regressive Leftists are useful idiots to the '1%' (a bunch of Right Wing Capitalists).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭1641

Prejudice and bigotry never really changes - no matter who it is directed against It is a bit ironic, though, that some people in the name of "Ireland" or the "Irish" are simply rehashing the prejudice that Irish emigrants experienced in the past. Look at anti-Irish, anti Catholic bigotry in the 19th Century US, eg,

"According to “Conspiracy Theories in American History: An Encyclopedia,” some Protestants feared the pope and his army would land in the United States, overthrow the government and establish a new Vatican in Cincinnati. They believed the Irish would impose the Catholic canon as the law of the land."

"Anti-Catholic, anti-Irish mobs in Philadelphia destroyed houses and torched churches in the deadly Bible Riots of 1844".
    "in newspaper classified advertisements that blared “No Irish Need Apply.” The image of the simian Irishman, imported from Victorian England, was given new life by the pens of illustrators such as Thomas Nast that dripped with prejudice as they sketched Celtic ape-men with sloping foreheads and monstrous appearances."
    "That same year (1854), the Know-Nothings in Bath, Maine, smashed the pews of a church recently purchased by Irish Catholics before hoisting an American flag from the belfry and setting the building ablaze."

Mokuba wrote: »
    Aside from all the other reasons -

We can't house the people we already have in the country.

The gates should be shut until we figure that problem out.

I agree, kinda.

Housing people in dublin and some other major urban centres is a problem. However there is space in other large towns. the simple fact that these centres are in Roscommon and Donegal shows that to an extent.

Even then there's only a finite amount of space available. And we should be looking at the available space and making calculations.

However most of the arguments in this are that refugees are simply bad. The argument isn't about how we should handle the situation it's simply saying no full stop.

1641 wrote: »
    Prejudice and bigotry never really changes - no matter who it is directed against It is a bit ironic, though, that some people in the name of "Ireland" or the "Irish" are simply rehashing the prejudice that Irish emigrants experienced in the past. Look at anti-Irish, anti Catholic bigotry in the 19th Century US, eg,

"According to “Conspiracy Theories in American History: An Encyclopedia,” some Protestants feared the pope and his army would land in the United States, overthrow the government and establish a new Vatican in Cincinnati. They believed the Irish would impose the Catholic canon as the law of the land."

"Anti-Catholic, anti-Irish mobs in Philadelphia destroyed houses and torched churches in the deadly Bible Riots of 1844".
    "in newspaper classified advertisements that blared “No Irish Need Apply.” The image of the simian Irishman, imported from Victorian England, was given new life by the pens of illustrators such as Thomas Nast that dripped with prejudice as they sketched Celtic ape-men with sloping foreheads and monstrous appearances."
    "That same year (1854), the Know-Nothings in Bath, Maine, smashed the pews of a church recently purchased by Irish Catholics before hoisting an American flag from the belfry and setting the building ablaze."

And the whole outbreeding, like the irish were animals, was used back then as well.
    To be fair it's been used against every minority. The irish, jews, black people etc...

How does one continue with a discussion when people like you are making sh1t up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The irony. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I would much prefer to live under the priest fearing society of old than live under a Muslim cleric.
    Or King Joffrey. Jesus can you imagine having to live under king Joffrey? It would be a f*cking nightmare.

Thankfully though, most of us live in the real world and not a fantasy land where the fundamentalists among the Muslims control Europe, just as the fundamentalist Jews did not control Europe a century ago.

You're wasting your time trying to argue with racists.

With these kinds of people, anyone who is in in the slightest way different is automatically deemed untrustworthy/dangerous.

This thread has become an angry insular echo chamber at this stage.

Have at it for all I care really.

*Insert me noting people who disagreed have been called racists on the thread*
    How does one continue with a discussion when people like you are making sh1t up.

Making sh1t up = telling the truth. Ah well. :rolleyes:

I agree, kinda.

Housing people in dublin and some other major urban centres is a problem. However there is space in other large towns. the simple fact that these centres are in Roscommon and Donegal shows that to an extent.

Even then there's only a finite amount of space available. And we should be looking at the available space and making calculations.

However most of the arguments in this are that refugees are simply bad. The argument isn't about how we should handle the situation it's simply saying no full stop.

The reason there is space in these rural towns is because young people have left because there is no prospects of making a living in these places.

The asylum seekers wont stay a wet week there either, they will get themselves to Dublin and arrive at Wood Quay and say they are homeless. How do you force them back to a one horse rural town when there is nothing there for them. The liberals wont have it, they will stand in front of buses and trains etc to prevent "deportation" of asylum seekers to Connacht.

Its all madness and Leo needs to sit down with his pals in Europe and explain about our housing and health care crisis and our total inability to even build a childrens hospital without spending billions.

Kivaro wrote: »
    OK, so no one said what you said though did they? No one said anything like that at all.

Lads and lassies, my advice is to ignore the posters who are obviously trying to deflect.
    Anytime new facts come out e.g. the recent news about the drastic increase of sexual assault and rapes by asylum seekers in Finland, they will do anything to mask the incidents by deflection and lies.
    So on the subject of deflection, third time of asking now: can you please tell me which open borders posters you referring to when you said "I see we have the usual pro-open-borders supporters on here..."

Billy86 wrote: »
    Or King Joffrey. Jesus can you imagine having to live under king Joffrey? It would be a f*cking nightmare.

Thankfully though, most of us live in the real world and not a fantasy land where the fundamentalists among the Muslims control Europe, just as the fundamentalist Jews did not control Europe a century ago.

Ask the French what its like to live in Paris, Marseilles and Nice now.

Have you been to Germany recently,the airports are policed by armed personnel too.

Have you been to Cologne where a thousand women were molested by feral gangs of North Africans.

Ask the locals in Clontarf who were terrorised by gangs of black teens arriving on the Dart from Balbriggan.

Hmmm, yes, there is a lot of controlling going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Odhinn wrote: »
    Dear o dear.

Only about 4% in total of muslims world wide engage in polygamy. Another fact you might want to label and dismiss. And again, you're mistaking your anecdotal nonsense for genuine researched facts.

So over 60m of them??

*Insert me noting people who disagreed have been called racists on the thread*

Making sh1t up = telling the truth. Ah well. :rolleyes:

You said that anyone here who's against open borders for economic migrants is called a racist in this thread.

is there anyone here who's actually for open borders? is there anyone here who's said that we should have no checks for anyone at all? Is there anyone who's said that we need some kind of control and has been called a racist?

Everyone here believes in some controls. No-one here believes in having an open border. What people are arguing about is whether or not we should be accepting refugees and how many we should accept.

Literally no-one has said that open borders are bad and has been called a racist for it.

Haven't been in Dublin city centre since just before Xmas but one thing I did notice was Diversity Barrier's on Henry Street. They were very large cube plant pots that would need a truck to drive through them. They were shaped in a chicane, so you can still drive through them but you can't just turn off the street and plow through. It was quite well done and didn't look like Barrier's, but it would have been tough going for any of our diverse friends.
    Richard, can I ask what you response would be if Ireland were to take in Jewish asylum seekers, only for Irish Muslims to burning down hotels in a terrorist-like attempt to intimidate government policy, and those running said hotel supporting it?

Would you be talking about pot plants on the road in Dublin instead?

You said that anyone here who's against open borders for economic migrants is called a racist in this thread.

is there anyone here who's actually for open borders? is there anyone here who's said that we should have no checks for anyone at all? Is there anyone who's said that we need some kind of control and has been called a racist?

Everyone here believes in some controls. No-one here believes in having an open border. What people are arguing about is whether or not we should be accepting refugees and how many we should accept.

Literally no-one has said that open borders are bad and has been called a racist for it.

As you well know there are plenty people here arguing the case of a sane immigration policy, which I would think personally only covers genuine refugees - as they used to be defined, ie people literally fleeing war and persecution.
    You and others on here know very well that this is not the case for the absolute vast majority of migrants now. You know it. We cannot take in any numbers of people from failed states like Pakistan, which can spend billions on nuclear arms but not its people, or Afghanistan which has been ruined between Russia and America for decades.
    Even the agreement signed in Morocco sought to do away with the demarcation between different kinds of migrants. So people are confusing what refugee means, and this is public policy.

We are not capable of taking in economic migrants, full stop - we are not dealing with our own troubles, we cannot offer welfare and housing to economic migrants in any numbers at all. Why should we anyway?

Church on Tuesday clearly said there is no point discussing with racists. I am presuming they meant anyone who disagrees with them, and since most in your camp seem to feel we should take in some, few, many, who knows, economic migrants, that is ergo an open border policy by its very nature. Maybe not wide open, one-world, kumbaya-style love-in open borders, but accepting any numbers of economic migrants who aresimply looking to move to a new gaff just because its a nicer economy is open borders to some degree.

It's not racist to object to this kind of migration policy and the erosion of national sovereignty.

• Advertisement

Ask the French what its like to live in Paris, Marseilles and Nice now.
    I literally share a desk with a woman from Marseilles - she likes it a lot there, but wanted to travel a bit being in her 20s and says the far right stuff over there can be pretty unbearable at times.
    Have you been to Germany recently,the airports are policed by armed personnel too.
    As they have been for decades. I have been there a bunch of times, its a pretty great country.
    Have you been to Cologne where a thousand women were molested by feral gangs of North Africans.
    I have not been to Cologne, can you tell me how you got on on your most recent visit?
    Ask the locals in Clontarf who were terrorised by gangs of black teens arriving on the Dart from Balbriggan.
    Along with the people who have been getting terrorised by white gangs in Ireland for decades. But your posting history shows a distinct lack of interest in any of that stuff unless the offender happens to be black, Muslim, etc.

I will ask you the same question I asked Richard... if these were Jewish asylum seekers, and Irelands Muslim population decided to burn hotels to the ground to try and cause intimidation... how much differently would your reaction be?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement