Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

The unions thru the the New graduates under the bus to save there own bit 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Farmer wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh - a 12.5% pay cut lasting for 20 years - half a working life, while we subside Apple profits, bail out banks and junior bond holders, squander millions by lack of due diligence on large building projects etc. Talk to somebody in their twenties trying to work and live in rented accommodation in Dublin

It’s a starting point, it also takes into account the excessive rises given through benchmarking.

We need an agreement, mutually beneficial not this constant strikes and rubbish disrupting public services.

Definitely linked to economic growth to ensure it pauses in the event of a downturn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

tanko wrote: »
    The new series of "this farming life" starting on BBC2 now.

God those two sisters in Scotland are hardy women!

Did l hear it right that that Father and son with the sheep have 7000 acres of hills? Hard to comprehend the shear scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

whelan2 wrote: »
    You didn't even figure on mine. Base price number 1, Buford no 2 and A cow called daisy number 3

Unrequited love wha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Jb1989

I ended up with Mukit.

Well that’s a depressing start to Valentine’s Day!

Reggie :{

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Reggie :{

You should be privileged

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Muckit just lost out on my one.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=473107&d=1550147659

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Muckit for me aswell! Some love for Muckit around here haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Bejaysus Muckit is on mine as well.

Screenshot-2019-02-14-13-14-08.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,082 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Farmer wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh - a 12.5% pay cut lasting for 20 years - half a working life, while we subside Apple profits, bail out banks and junior bond holders, squander millions by lack of due diligence on large building projects etc. Talk to somebody in their twenties trying to work and live in rented accommodation in Dublin

It's 12.5%pay cut from an unreasonable figure, they should never have been benchmarked against incomes during the celtic tiger, even at that they were benchmarked against employee that'd lose their job if they weren't up to par.
    Public servants themselves will tell you there's staff that should get their walking papers, even they are fed up of picking up the slack for messers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lads, Muckit is going to have to be banned, there's no other solution :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Lads out in the Azores bringing in a few cattle and giving them a pour on for worms. Seem to be well clued into the job. Plenty help around.
    Rounding them up reminds me of the shenanigans here 30 40yrs ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Happy Valentines day to ye all. My list..

https://screenshots.firefox.com/ZkgmYY4rkrM3Buzr/www.boards.ie

Lads out in the Azores bringing in a few cattle and giving them a pour on for worms. Seem to be well clued into the job. Plenty help around.

Patsy posted a link last year and I watched lots of their other videos since then. One thing that came to mind is that there are no raised voices or shouting when dealing with the cattle within the enclosure. Imagine if it was in Ireland, you'd hear them from the next parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭emaherx

Base price wrote: »
    Patsy posted a link last year and I watched lots of their other videos since then. One thing that came to mind is that there are no raised voices or shouting when dealing with the cattle within the enclosure. Imagine if it was in Ireland, you'd hear them from the next parish.

When dosing my cattle, I may raise my voice (a little) but they generally they don't try killing me when filling the crush either!

No need to raise your voice when your cattle want to kill you (or a rag on a stick)

emaherx wrote: »
    When dosing my cattle, I may raise my voice (a little) but they generally they don't try killing me when filling the crush either!

No need to raise your voice when your cattle want to kill you (or a rag on a stick)
    Have a look at this video from the same farm and it gives one an idea of what you are dealing with when tagging/dosing weanlings. I think Patsy posted it before and there was concern for the young lad in the grey overalls.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnuNKufjzn0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

emaherx wrote: »

They're 'specially bred' bulls for the matador type arenas out there i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Have a look at this video from the same farm and it gives one an idea of what you are dealing with when tagging/dosing weanlings. I think Patsy posted it before and there was concern for the young lad in the grey overalls.

Did he get a heel into the jaw or the balls??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

TheFarrier wrote: »
    Did he get a heel into the jaw or the balls??

I’d say the jaw with the way he was dragged out

Following on from Muckits post on the plantations of Queens county and Kings county. I had to do a bit of googling on the towns in the midlands.
    While the Quaker influence in Mountmellick was interesting and the French Huguenots in Portarlington was interesting too. What caught my attention was the Dermot Gavin influence in Portarlington from "The Dirty Old Towns" television series on RTE.
    There was red letters erected beside the road spelling LIVE. However when coming from the Offaly side into town people saw EVIL. So it was changed instead to LIFE.

It's from Wikipedia. But I hope that's true. :D

Maybe Offaly people have backwards E's and L's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Oh dear god-how could you manage with animals like that? One slip and you'd be seriously injured! Best thing I ever did was cull the wilder stock and keep the quieter ones. Makes life so much easier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A bad one would come looking for you, not run away. hard to keep all of a suckler herd docile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

There must be 20 lads involved there. Absolutely shocking stuff. That belongs in the dark ages. On the first video I thought of shaking a bag would help, but not in the manner they used it.

Christ, with the lot of them there, could they not have bought a head lock and built a crush instead of that carry on? Not fair on man or beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

What breed are they?? - look like Kerry type

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Lads, Muckit is going to have to be banned, there's no other solution :pac:

Mukit was my no.1 for the last 3 or 4 years.... but you, sheriff, are my new no.1, sorry muckit, down to no.2

• Registered Users Posts: 29,203 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Young lad was saying a few valentines lines earlier.
    Are you Google? As you're all I'm looking for...
    Are you from tennessee?, As you're the only 10 I see.
    Did it hurt when you fell from heaven coz you look like an angel..

Birdnuts wrote: »
    What breed are they?? - look like Kerry type

It's that fighting bull type breed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourada_%C3%A0_corda

They have bullfights with horse and riders too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

L1985 wrote: »
    Oh dear god-how could you manage with animals like that? One slip and you'd be seriously injured! Best thing I ever did was cull the wilder stock and keep the quieter ones. Makes life so much easier!!

They are fighting bulls, bred to be agressive. A cattle crush wouldn't go astray though.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mukit was my no.1 for the last 3 or 4 years.... but you, sheriff, are my new no.1, sorry muckit, down to no.2

It's worse you're improving :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

They are fighting bulls, bred to be agressive. A cattle crush wouldn't go astray though.

I wonder if they have any Ramblers Association or "Right to Roam" type protesters over there?
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement