Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 relgoog

unkel wrote: »
    Well wear, relgoog!

Any pics? Is Iron Grey the new name for Aurora Silver or is it a new colour altogether?

Thanks unkel.

It is a dark grey metallic colour. I'd upload pics, but I can't post any urls or images yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

couple of days last week - dry roads, low average speeds...(took the Sunday off).

nemOOhI.jpg

Happy enough with that :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You have a light foot :)

This morning at 8AM it was only just above freezing and mine showed 218km range (probably based on the warmer weather in the previous few days). Have the car 2 years this week, just gone through 30k km, and there is zero sign of any battery degradation as far as I can tell (haven't hooked it up to to any diagnostic software though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Have mine just over 2 years, 95000km, and service now at end of April. Be interested to see what the diagnostic says for that.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

@Kramer
    You must have been bored sh1tless to get that sort of efficiency!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone have any issues with scheduled charging since the clocks changed?

Charging always kicked in straight away at 11pm or so before but since the change I've had to go out and unlock the zappi to get it to kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with scheduled charging since the clocks changed?

Charging always kicked in straight away at 11pm or so before but since the change I've had to go out and unlock the zappi to get it to kick in.

You don't want charging to start until after midnight. Does it fail to start then?

That's the charger. Not the car. Maybe ask in the Zappi thread?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You don't want charging to start until after midnight. Does it fail to start then?

I have the night rate time set to start at 12:10am so I would expect it to kick in then, last night it hadn't kicked in by 12:30am. As soon as I unlocked the zappi it started charging. Same thing happened sunday night.

Before it used to kick in pretty much straight away when it hit night rate hours.

I have the night rate time set to start at 12:10am so I would expect it to kick in then, last night it hadn't kicked in by 12:30am. As soon as I unlocked the zappi it started charging. Same thing happened sunday night.

Before it used to kick in pretty much straight away when it hit night rate hours.

That sounds a bit strange alright. You could try to set a new charge session and delete the previous one. If all else fails, you can do a factory reset. You would need to set it up again, but it might remove this glitch.

• Advertisement

That sounds charger related not car related.
    Unless you've set the car to charge at 1210 PM instead of 1210am (easy mistake, I've done it!!)

Hah yeah I double and triple checked that jsut to be sure.

Only thing I can think of is I haven't updated the clock on the zappi yet but I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem as it's the car's scheduling I'm using.

I'll have a fiddle around with it this evening anyway, maybe I'm overlooking something.

Car was pre-conditioned and everything this morning without any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

it's the car's scheduling I'm using.

I would turn off scheduling until you have the problem solved. Try taking a photo of the set up screen. There was a bug in the ioniq cars firmware that made it forget timer settings, so also take a photo of firmware version on cars screen.

I prefer to use the Zappi as this way if at a public slow charger I won't have to remember to disable the cars charge timer. It also eliminates the ioniq timer bug, but I do have newer firmware in car now.

The main upside to using the cars timer (depart timer) is that it should charge to 100% just as you depart meaning the battery may be warmer hence longer range rather than charging from say midnight to 3am and then battery cooling down before departure.

zg3409 wrote: »
    I would turn off scheduling until you have the problem solved. Try taking a photo of the set up screen. There was a bug in the ioniq cars firmware that made it forget timer settings, so also take a photo of firmware version on cars screen.

I prefer to use the Zappi as this way if at a public slow charger I won't have to remember to disable the cars charge timer. It also eliminates the ioniq timer bug, but I do have newer firmware in car now.

The main upside to using the cars timer (depart timer) is that it should charge to 100% just as you depart meaning the battery may be warmer hence longer range rather than charging from say midnight to 3am and then battery cooling down before departure.

Going by what you're saying there it shouldn't kick in until sometime in the middle of the night then?

I'll have a look later and see what firmware I have. It's a 191 so should be relatively new but I know for a fact it's not the most up to date one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Had my first really bad range anxiety yestery coming home from work. I only have 15min journey to and from work so don't charge every night.

Got into car yesterday to go to work at i had 45km of range no problem round trip from work is only 32km. On the way home about 10k form house turtle kicked in. Put on maps to see how far exactly i was from home. 7.5km to home 7km of range. Country road so i crawled at 35-40km and free wheeled where possible. Range stayed just below distance whole way until u think around 4.7km from home range was at 5km then the range went off and just had 3 line. Now i was really panicking. Kept crawling towards home praying to every god there is to let me get in the gate. 800m from home and car would only let me go at 20km/h. When it kicked in i didn't know if i was dying or what was going on. Somehow i made it to home and plugged her in. Totally my own fault for not charging but definitely the warm weather had range higher yesterday morning and it was then affected by the wind, sleet and cold yesterday leaving me very close to being stranded. Scary stuff.

If for instance i did die 800m from home how can i get it to a charge point? Can they be towed?

Once you have 12v to put it in neutral then yes it can

You have a light foot :)

Long story but much of the "efficient" driving was necessitated by
    1. the dearth of rapid chargers on the route(s),
    2. as@holes (locals!) hogging some rapid chargers,
    3. as@holes (LOCALS!) abandoning fully charged cars at rapid chargers,
    4. a brand new triple head rapid charger not working,
    5. a plethora of sheep (nearly as bad as locals!) on rural roads, good EV conditions - dry & calm etc., low average speeds, again, dictated by the roads themselves.

Had no choice but to drive efficiently, but I reckon I lost only 10 or 15% more time than I would have in our 6 cyl auto petrol, overall, charging time aside.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    @Kramer
    You must have been bored sh1tless to get that sort of efficiency!

Not really, it wasn't motorway mile munching. I've had it averaging over 22kWh/100km on a trip to & from Belfast. At that, I even had to slow down to ensure I'd make the next rapid charger.

Thing I've taken from that, almost 2k km in 4 or 5 days in the Ioniq:

LOCALS!
    LOCALS!
    LOCALS!
    LOCALS!
    LOCALS!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kramer wrote: »
    I've had it averaging over 22kWh/100km on a trip to & from Belfast.

M1 can be nice and quiet !

Used to fly down it at 6AM on my way to a client in Donegal in my 7-series :D

M1 can be nice and quiet !

M7 too, at the right time, especially after the M8 traffic peels off.

nZgCdgW.jpg

A white Leaf, showing no charging lights, pulling 0kWs, presumably fully charged, sitting connected to the rapid charger, long before I managed to reverse in to connect with CCS. It was still there after I left. Ecars app showed the charger free long before I arrived so it could have been there for quite some time.
    Local reg.

Luckily someone moved from the space to the right & I managed to squeeze in across two spaces for the 15 minutes charge I needed.

Think I'll lose the head if I post in the hogging thread :D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Kramer wrote: »
    M7 too, at the right time, especially after the M8 traffic peels off.

nZgCdgW.jpg

A white Leaf, showing no charging lights, pulling 0kWs, presumably fully charged, sitting connected to the rapid charger, long before I managed to reverse in to connect with CCS. It was still there after I left. Ecars app showed the charger free long before I arrived so it could have been there for quite some time.
    Local reg.

Luckily someone moved from the space to the right & I managed to squeeze in across two spaces for the 15 minutes charge I needed.

Think I'll lose the head if I post in the hogging thread :D:D.

Why white out the reg, public place!

• Advertisement

jusmeig wrote: »
    Why white out the reg, public place!

GDPR!!!

:D

Usually wouldn't block it out but there's a reason I have this time :P.

Nothing to do with GDPR! A reg in a public place is fair game for posting online.

I've posted before, & I'll post again, but on this occasion, they get a pass ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Is there electric car charger in Ikea Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Nope. At least not yet. We live in hope!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No.

When I was last there I asked why they are the only Ikea in Ireland or the UK without a charger (dunno if that's true or not :P). The lady on the customer service desk made a few phone calls and couldn't come up with an answer. She did say that one guy she phoned will bring the matter higher.

Maybe if all EV drivers visiting did the same they would start to take it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Saw a very nice white 191 Ioniq in Bailieborough yesterday around 7pm charging. Good to see more of them out and about rural areas. Wonder if a boardsie owns it.

I saw a silver one in castlebar the other evening. That brings the number to three I've seen in the wild in mayo now and the other two were definitely boardsies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

Got my first electricity bill since we got the Ioniq and had a small heart attack as it had jumped up over €200. Turned out it was an estimate and they didn’t take into account the switch to night rate.
    Anyway I worked out that the cost per charge is approximately €2.80 6 days a week and that I am saving €210 per month on diesel by the time I take into account the savings my wife makes at the weekend as well, so €2500 per year on a daily commute of 104kms, delighted with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement