Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,223 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody says they are leaving and they don't for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

My wife does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The "bye, bye, bye, bobeye, bobeye, bye, bye, bobeye" thing that some people do on the phone.
    Why is it only done on the phone? Imagine someone doing it in person. Imagine someone saying hello 8 or 10 times when they answer the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

SusieBlue wrote: »
    An assh*le I went to school with just posted a full synopsis of the new episode of Game of Thrones on fb, complete with spoilers.
    Some of us have jobs to get up for in the morning and couldn't stay awake till 2am to watch last night.

People who do stuff like that are **** of the highest order. I'm actually raging.

While I agree with you about the assh*le, you have to share some of the blame yourself. Social media was the last place you should have been until you had watched the episode. Even my GF managed to stay off her phone all day, and that's surgically attached to her hand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Oh God yeah that cracks me up. You said you were leaving ten minutes ago. Now get the fuk out of my house and stop annoying my sh!te!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Putting the dishwasher on,turn my back for 10 seconds.And the sink is full of plates.Wtf

People not being ready when they've had plenty of time to get their sh1t together:

-reaching the top of the supermarket queue and only then getting their shopping bags ready
    -packing it all up, with as much intricate messing about as possible, before finally looking for their purse or wallet
    -standing at the bus stop for 15 mins and only going looking for their leap card when the doors open
    -getting off the DART and having to stop on the way out to search for their leap card to tag off
    -reaching the top of the queue in a fast food place and only looking at the menu at that stage "I'll have the ehhhhhhhhhhh............"
    -Mrs. Shifty standing at the lift in the apartment block while I set the alarm, turn out the lights, lock the door, grab the bin bags and then having to wait for the lift because she didn't press the button

WTF have you people been doing for the past few minutes?

I've a similar issue with people not being able to multitask. Waiters not bringing the CC machine with the bill. Barmen not being able to remember more than one order. People who stop suddenly on the street/in a shopping entre to take out their phone. Golfers standing on the green to fill in their score instead of walking to the next tee box and doing it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    One of the lads just swung by desk to say one of my tyres is flat as a pancake *Dawson crying face*

Came out this morning and had another flat :( :mad: :(

Finally got into work and while I was making my coffee the nozzle fell off the milk steamer and into my cup, spraying scalding hot milky steam all over me and half the canteen. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That gets infuriating very quickly imo. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

People who continue a call whilst being served at the checkout. Put your phone down and give the server some basic manners you ignorant ass.

By the same token servers who ignore you and continue a conversation with their colleague (usually about some other colleague ). For some reason in my world dunnes employees are the worst for this .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I find it mad annoying when you're literally half way out the door then someone starts to call you or ask a question as you are leaving the house!

My ma does it every single time I'm leaving her house! I've now started to close the door in her face since it's the only way around it, my wife does be horrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Have lost all motivation for the gym, have barely made it once a week for the last 6 weeks or so.
    I just have no interest and can't seem to focus or follow through.
    I've put in so much hard work over the last year and I'm going to undo it all if I keep going like this.
    I swore I'd go this evening after work but now that its nearly time, I just can't face it.

Wish I still had the dedication I had on the cold December mornings, going at 6am before work while sick with a chest infection. I have no excuse this time. I'm so annoyed at myself.

I do online surveys and every so often you encounter ones that have an agenda.
    Recently I did one and if you said you played the lotto a few times a year you basically had a gambling problem and another was about alcohol and how you had to have a problem with it. Just to get headlines with the results of these surveys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I do online surveys and every so often you encounter ones that have an agenda.
    Recently I did one and if you said you played the lotto a few times a year you basically had a gambling problem and another was about alcohol and how you had to have a problem with it. Just to get headlines with the results of these surveys.

I do surveys. And I must be the most boring person on their books. Invariable, a question will come up like: "do you play Lotto", or "do you buy any of these cheap-ass crappy processed food types", and when I say No, I'm told I'm not suitable for the survey, and it kicks me out. It actually encourages lying and saying I do, just so I can participate and earn a few quid. They should nearly give 10% of the fee anyway even if you're not suitable, just for telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

That Brennans ad with the woman in labour and I'll tell you why: the toast she has after popping the baby has a really mild colour. But when she bites into it it sounds like a crisp. BREAD THAT WHITE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE THIS FOR GOD'S SAKE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

being hungry but not knowing what I want to eat, and not wanting to actually get up and make anything either:rolleyes:

LirW wrote: »
    That Brennans ad with the woman in labour and I'll tell you why: the toast she has after popping the baby has a really mild colour. But when she bites into it it sounds like a crisp. BREAD THAT WHITE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE THIS FOR GOD'S SAKE.

She used be Ama in Fair City an absolute pain of a character!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote:
    Came out this morning and had another flat

Finally got into work and while I was making my coffee the nozzle fell off the milk steamer and into my cup, spraying scalding hot milky steam all over me and half the canteen. FML.

Well this week can just go and fcuking do one.

My dad sorted out my puncture and collected me from work. His own car was being serviced today so he was in a loaner. Got back to my folks house and went to drive my car home and the keys were nowhere to be found - turned out he'd left them in the loaner.

Eventually got the spare, got home and trudged up the stairs to change. To find that my dog had puked on my bed during the day. Twice.

And it's still only Wednesday. How the actual fcuk is that possible???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

People who speedwalk around corners nearly sending me flying.

People who don't do a second flush when their waste deposit doesn't flush down the first time.

The treadmill I was on in the gym was not lined up straight and it was annoying me trivially.

Selfie addicts and pedestrians with screen blindness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Twice.

Absolutely perfect comic timing :)

TA: Despite being a vaguely mature and educated chap, I can't seem to break my senseless addiction to the journal.ie comment section. Without veerig into R&R territory, are that many people really that obtuse, bigoted, infantile and needlessly argumentative?

TA#2: My stumpy thumbs trying to quote/edit Dial Hard's OP above. #blamethephone

• Advertisement

People giving out about pubs being allowed to open on Good Friday.
    A reason I often hear is it's unfair on the staff because they only have two days off in the years and they government got rid of one of them. I know lots of people who work in pubs and they have a lot of days off. If you live in a small town your local pub may only open a few days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The crows in the trees behind the house kept flapping and cawing their heads off at 2 am. They were frantic and outraged .Starting to think my ex girlfriends stalking fantasy wasn't just an idle thought .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I bought a bottle of TCP on request recently and it stinks even with the lid tightly closed. I don't know where to put it for fear of stinking a press out. The bin looks tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

quickbeam wrote: »
    I do surveys. And I must be the most boring person on their books. Invariable, a question will come up like: "do you play Lotto", or "do you buy any of these cheap-ass crappy processed food types", and when I say No, I'm told I'm not suitable for the survey, and it kicks me out. It actually encourages lying and saying I do, just so I can participate and earn a few quid. They should nearly give 10% of the fee anyway even if you're not suitable, just for telling the truth.

So true and so annoying. When they ask at the start "Do you smoke/drink etc. and you truthfully answer no, they cut you out of the survey and you get no points.
    I copped on to this a good while back and I always answer yes to the initial questions, if it means I'll be able to take part in the survey and get the points.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I wish my cough and head cold would kindly get lost. I’m sick of feeling (and looking) like a zombie due to lack of sleep.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waiting around on people.

I wish my cough and head cold would kindly get lost. I’m sick of feeling (and looking) like a zombie due to lack of sleep.

Zombie!!!!!!!

:pac:

Waiting around on people.

Zombie!!!!!!!

More accurately, a cross between a zombie and Regan from the exorcist :p:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sending a txt to the wrong person :o

More accurately, a cross between a zombie and Regan from the exorcist :p:D

Demon!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭wassie

People who continue a call whilst being served at the checkout. Put your phone down and give the server some basic manners you ignorant ass.

Yep - I find this so disrespectful. Unless its an emergency theres nothing that can wait 5 minutes and show a bit of dignity to peeps.

• Advertisement

Demon!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve found my true calling :D

*removes halo from head*

TA I was going to post a gif from the exorcist parody in scary movie 2, but it was too much effort :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement