Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

Truckermal wrote: »
    Did ya ate the KFC inside or get a takeaway? :D
    I was up there for Thunders custard slices. 👹

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I gave this yoke its first fill up of 2019, €30 from empty :D

32702478427_cea04f887a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Sun's out, bum's out

2vsoub9.jpg

Of course the slight rim damage had to be prominent on the photo :(

nfhc8g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That Arteon is beautiful, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Gave her a mini detail today with the weather on my side.

allzyb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

ciarsd wrote: »

Of course the slight rim damage had to be prominent on the photo :(

She’s gonna need a rim job allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Where did you get that spec from ciarsd?

It's stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Agreed, cracking looking 4 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

It's absolutely gorgeous, the kind of car that could tempt me to ditch my indicator stalks and jump to the dark side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Finally got the plates for my car, they look well happy with them but may screw them on now.. tape I got is a bit **** and back one is off again. Have double sided 3M will give that a shot.

When putting them on needed to clean the bumper and old adhesive off so just gave the whole car and wheels a full wash and quick tyre dressing for tyres and trim.... The day before I took it to Mondello....:rolleyes:

Needless to say he car is dirty again complete with lots of rubber and bugs stuck to the front and wheels... Really should have just wiped down the licence plate spot... waste of time :pac::pac:
    KfoKUiY.jpg
    lMJbU0q.jpg
    jjsqAAo.jpg
    ue6ghYw.jpg
    DAvYNHn.jpg

Bonus pic of it looking clean from afar on the track courtesy of mickdw
    5n6dc5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

The Honda plate surrounds are a little much for me, the car is already pretty busy in the styling department :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

How did you get it to Australia?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Its great that they got rid of the dreadful 120xxx for Dublin imports. That number looks a million times better

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

rex-x wrote: »
    The Honda plate surrounds are a little much for me, the car is already pretty busy in the styling department :pac:

I'll agree with you there but I do like them :p The metal plates came bare so needed a plastic backing to protect the paint. I like them more than a plain black one or dealership ones.

I'll accept the slagging for it:D:rolleyes:
    How did you get it to Australia?
    I went over 88 on the track and next thing I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

I'll agree with you there but I do like them :p The metal plates came bare so needed a plastic backing to protect the paint. I like them more than a plain black one or dealership ones.

I'll accept the slagging for it:D:rolleyes:

I'm a plastic non pressed plate advocate too :pac: they just give a cleaner look

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Its great that they got rid of the dreadful 120xxx for Dublin imports. That number looks a million times better

The 120xxx was only ever for cars 2010 and older. 2011 and later always had the next number in the sequence. Same for every other county, like Cork is 40xxx etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Have been dailying this now for 2 years today, still absolutely in love with it, few bits of tidying yet to do including replacing those trash generic mats that have been in it since I bought it :o

V4U4SH4h.jpg

waKHt5vh.jpg

O22eKgYh.jpg

pcscNGOh.jpg

FaK1GT9h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Finally picked up my A6 SLine, only 6400k on it when i collected it, delighted with it so far, need to give it a good wax soon.
    46765150625_a7686221c2_k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Well wear SB, nice looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Lovely wheels you got there.

Any pics from the interior?

And how many bhp? Quattro?
    SBPhoto wrote: »
    Finally picked up my A6 SLine, only 6400k on it when i collected it, delighted with it so far, need to give it a good wax soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Where did you get that spec from ciarsd?

It's stunning!

Thanks, appreciate it, although I cannot take the credit for it. I imported it last June as is. Previous owner who now sits in an F82 M4, spec'd it well from factory to start with. Then the carbon fibre M Performance goodies (and wheels) were fitted by Bavarian upon delivery from factory.
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    Agreed, cracking looking 4 series.

Cheers :)
    tossy wrote: »
    It's absolutely gorgeous, the kind of car that could tempt me to ditch my indicator stalks and jump to the dark side :)

Hahahahaha, thankfully them flashy stalk things were spec'd so it'd be an easier jump for you :P
    ...but may screw them on now.. tape I got is a bit **** and back one is off again. Have double sided 3M will give that a shot.

No more nails tape (red one). Never once let me down. Clean down the surface your mounting the plates too (degrease, then alcohol wipe) same for the back of the plates. Then place approx. 2" strips across the back of the plates top to bottom at equal intervals. You can pickup a roll in any decent office suppliers or Woodies / B&Q have it on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Not Qauttro, 204PS Tech Pack.
    46765150795_6305ab8a4b_h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Ciarsd, we need some interior pictures!

Serious car envy here!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'll agree with you there but I do like them :p The metal plates came bare so needed a plastic backing to protect the paint. I like them more than a plain black one or dealership ones..

If you wanted to keep the clean look, you can get plate surrounds that have a proper backing. You screw the surround onto the bumper and the plates then fits into it. I have this on my own car:

47632658772_dfcb52f5b2_c.jpg

47685578421_f02efb1ee3_c.jpg

Not to everyone's taste but if you don't want to drill holes and put screws through the plate, this is a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Been lurking here a while.

Picked her up Saturday morning, told it was the first sold in the country? Lovely bangs and pops from the exhaust. Baseline 20i but plenty of go for me.

xAiLN5d.jpg
    tfNTVVv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Awesome! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Couldn't have picked a better weekend with the weather to collect that convertible beaut! Stunning car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Awesome! :)

And a proper engine too I seen a A3 convertible in Cork and it was a 1.6TDI..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Congrats, actually looks even nicer in your pictures than it does in press photos. Lovely colour too. Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Thanks lads, its up amongst the Jackeens until Friday and I can't help checking up on it in the car park every few hours!:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement