Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does anyone have any bite sized Japanese game recommendations (or does such a thing exist)?

I’ve only ever played Final Fantasy games but I love them so much that I’d like to try other Japanese styles games.

However, I’ve no clue where to start.

I’ve just come off the back of playing AC: Odyssey so looking for a relatively short game to dip into.

Any help would be really appreciated, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any bite sized Japanese game recommendations (or does such a thing exist)?

I’ve only ever played Final Fantasy games but I love them so much that I’d like to try other Japanese styles games.

I’ve just come off the back of playing AC: Odyssey so looking for a relatively short game to dip into.

RPGs or just general Japanese games?
    Was thinking of Short Peace but seems PS3 only

Yeah so true. Even the nice new ones when they come out (like the savage Alpine Green version) if you're prepared to spend full price don't last in stock for long at all.
    I'd love the alpine green, I'm hoping it'll come back into Smyths, seems best price for it atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

RPGs or just general Japanese games?
    Was thinking of Short Peace but seems PS3 only

General Japanese games

General Japanese games
    Dragons Crown is about 15 ish
    Shenmue is 20 hours ish
    Might be worth checking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah so true. Even the nice new ones when they come out (like the savage Alpine Green version) if you're prepared to spend full price don't last in stock for long at all.

I googled that when I saw your reply last week. Wouldn't really be my cup of tea, but of course now Facebook is advertising it to me...

Ended up getting the Alpine Green off Amazon, seemed to be sold out in most places.
    The sunset orange one was pretty nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I googled that when I saw your reply last week. Wouldn't really be my cup of tea, but of course now Facebook is advertising it to me...

Haha that advertising will NEVER end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would highly recommend Ace Combat 7. Just super, super fun gameplay and the storyline is utter bonkers like the best JRPG

Devil May Cry 5, Deception 4, Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2, Ys VIII would be other recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony financial reports out.

Says they've shipped 96.8m PS4s.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty insane numbers. It will be a push though to beat PS2 lifetime sales.

Ps1 sure but ps2 would be half it's lifetime sales again.

Unless there's some cross gen reason I don't see it beating ps2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Looking up Wikipedia for the sales figures of the different consoles, I was surprised to see that the PS3 slightly pipped the 360. I always presumed it was the other way around by a big enough margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Looking up Wikipedia for the sales figures of the different consoles, I was surprised to see that the PS3 slightly pipped the 360. I always presumed it was the other way around by a big enough margin.

PS3 finished strong. TLOU probably sold a lot of consoles near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Plus MS had the extra year or so on Sony to generate those sales!
    I mean, I had gone through about 5 or 6 360s by the time the cycle was over, but only had the 1 ps3 (still have it actually). :)

If next gen had a bit more cross over, cross buy between gens then PS4 could pass ps2 otherwise no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Varik wrote: »
    If next gen had a bit more cross over, cross buy between gens then PS4 could pass ps2 otherwise no.

The fact everyone knows the PS5 is backwards compatible won't help sales right now either.

Ended up getting the Alpine Green off Amazon, seemed to be sold out in most places.
    The sunset orange one was pretty nice too

I got the Alpine Green PS4 controller today, very nice, haven't been home to use it yet
    D5Uwf51W0AAl7wH?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That is a beauty. Sony is putting out some class controllers for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I got the Alpine Green PS4 controller today, very nice, haven't been home to use it yet

I picked one up too. It is absolutely beautiful and feels great - a lot better than previous models I have.

• Advertisement

Not my favourite shade of green, but it really does pop with the white buttons and the yellow arrows :)

I picked one up too. It is absolutely beautiful and feels great - a lot better than previous models I have.
    Anything was better than what I had tbf, but yeah buttons feel good. I'm sure I'll feel the difference after playing it more, only threw on P5Dan for like 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Is the controller different than the standard dualshock?

Just wondering if its an improvement build or feel wise i may pick it up

There is improved Dualshock 4, this likely would be one.

You can tell the v2 as they've got a small part at the top of the touch pad where light from the main light bar can show through.

Improved shoulder and trigger reliability.
    Stick material is different (some V1 are too but this is def)
    Play over USB on PS4

Not sure about battery.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Damien360

You can tell the v2 as they've got a small part at the top of the touch pad where light from the main light bar can show through.

Play over USB on PS4

Not sure about battery.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have one of the new ones bought with my PS4 pro. My older one for standard PS4 had better battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd still buy official wired controllers if they existed.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd still buy official wired controllers if they existed.

Oddly wireless is faster when it's not too much interference.

Other than if you're in the middle of a gaint competitive scene or in an apartment where there's hundreds of 2.4Ghz source where the wired would be better.

Play over USB on PS4

Not sure about battery.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ah so its the same as my pro controller

Good to know thanks

Weird, could have sworn there was an official wired one!
    Must have been in a different reality... :)

• Advertisement

I am in the same boat tbh

The battery life is poor would much prefer a wired controller

Advertisement