Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    They were 10/1 for Connacht.

And 5/2 today.

Fairly depressing weekend for Galway fans. At least they will be back in the football. It took Galway 77 minutes to come alive.

Whoever's call it was to adopt the massively defensive strategy should be shown the door. The Galway players are better than that.

Well done to the Rossies for keeping their cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

doylefe wrote: »
    Arrah go and ****e

Honestly 5000 nutters from Roscommon on the pitch, only takes one gloating idiot to slap a Galway player or an official and you'd have a different response. Needs to be cut out of the game quickly before something dangerous happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

It wouldve almost been fairest for neither team to win. Galway for their arrogance and gutlessness, not turning up in the second half at all thinking they had it won at half time.
    Roscommon for being a shower of dirty, petulant tramps that are as cynical as any team as i can remember in recent times.
    Cassidy is an absolutely woeful ref and is as much to blame for a horrible advertisement for the Sport. How He didnt Give a black for a rugby tackle at he Start of the second half ill Never know and then when he was booking Daly He literally took a Full Minute of Daly roaring at him when getting booked. Shouldve got booked twice and sent to the Dressing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,514 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I love how happy he is with himself when he uses a nickname or slang term.

He couldn't say 'rossies' enough today. Playing in Galways 'back yard'

He’s feckin pathetic. Can’t stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Honestly 5000 nutters from Roscommon on the pitch, only takes one gloating idiot to slap a Galway player or an official and you'd have a different response. Needs to be cut out of the game quickly before something dangerous happens.

Lighten up. Life's too short.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Told the Galway lads not to celebrate Mayo's loss too much but it wasn't heeded.
    Rossies gave them a solid beating, Galway forwards useless and full back line and keeper are pure kamakaze.
    Rossies deserve their title showing us up in Castlebar and now smashing one of the so called top teams in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭bilbot79

It wouldve almost been fairest for neither team to win. Galway for their arrogance and gutlessness, not turning up in the second half at all thinking they had it won at half time.
    Roscommon for being a shower of dirty, petulant tramps that are as cynical as any team as i can remember in recent times.
    Cassidy is an absolutely woeful ref and is as much to blame for a horrible advertisement for the Sport. How He didnt Give a black for a rugby tackle at he Start of the second half ill Never know and then when he was booking Daly He literally took a Full Minute of Daly roaring at him when getting booked. Shouldve got booked twice and sent to the Dressing room.

Me a*se. They won fair and square!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Galway are an absolutely gutless sham.
    Well done to Roscommon- great win for them.

Surely Galway should be building a team around a nucleus of corofin lads- they would be better than that team of bottle merchants.

As someone said earlier- genuinely one of the most pathetic performances I have seen in a half of football

No
    Didn’t you get the memo
    It’s the current mayo team that are gutless
    Not Galway
    Their forwards will come alive in Croke Park anyway apparently

Ho Ho. The RTE boys are some gang of comedians.

Bon Jovi on the exits credits. You give love a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I love how happy he is with himself when he uses a nickname or slang term.

He couldn't say 'rossies' enough today. Playing in Galways 'back yard'

Does anyone know what shade of yellow Roscommon have on their jerseys?

Always been curious about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,973 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Didn't see much petulance tbh and it was refreshing to see a crowd so pleased with a win.
    Plenty of 'robust' tackling from both sides too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

STB. wrote: »
    Ho Ho. The RTE boys are some gang of comedians.

Bon Jovi on the exits credits. You give love a bad name.

They did Metallica last week.

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Me a*se. They won fair and square!

They were the better Team surely but a horrible shower of tramps of that there is no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Roscommon might have a good run in the Super 8s if they can keep the heads screwed on. They've developed a bit of cuteness in closing out games.
    Putrid performance from Galway.

They were the better Team surely but a horrible shower of tramps of that there is no doubt.

Would you ever relax. It's just a game of football.

They did Metallica last week.

They've lost the run of themselves since Lyster left. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭threeball

Forget about splitting Dublin and all that Craic. We'll just insist that Gavin is out and Kevin Walsh is their new manager. 20yr contract. All will be good.

PressRun wrote: »
    Would you ever relax. It's just a game of football.

True

Wonder will Walsh survive this? Even if Galway do get a run going through the Super 8s, it was a terrible performance today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Delighted for Anthony Cunningham. Some coach really.

Awful weekend for Galway GAA. Delighted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Strumms wrote: »
    Not impressed at all with the antics of the Roscommon players, diving, feigning injury, kicking balls away after frees given against them and all sorts of unsportsmanlike shîte. They played well and whatever but not a good advertisement for the game or their county that last 10 minutes. I’ll be backing whoever is playing them from here on in.
    We won't care
    First time in 18 years beating mayo and Galway in championship in one year.

Let's just hope we don't meet either of them again

Kerin, the Galway corner back, is prob the biggest tramp playing football at the moment.

*coming from a complete neutral

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

PressRun wrote: »
    Wonder will Walsh survive this? Even if Galway do get a run going through the Super 8s, it was a terrible performance today.

He'll be gone as soon as they're out I would say. Can't really get rid of him with the Championship still alive even if it's on life support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Does anyone know what shade of yellow Roscommon have on their jerseys?

Always been curious about it

Primrose
    Always has been

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Primrose
    Always has been

Can you remind me of that 46 times over the next 70 mins, if you don’t mind

He'll be gone as soon as they're out I would say. Can't really get rid of him with the Championship still alive even if it's on life support.

Oh sure, I wouldn't expect them to sack him immediately. Just wondering if he'll be given further benefit of the doubt after this, even if they do still make super 8s.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Primrose
    Always has been

He was taking the pi$$ out of Marty Morrissey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

threeball wrote: »
    Forget about splitting Dublin and all that Craic. We'll just insist that Gavin is out and Kevin Walsh is their new manager. 20yr contract. All will be good.

Walsh gets a fair amount of stick but i'd be blaming the players first and foremost. They jogged around the place in the second half as if the game was already won. There has to be personal responsibility in that.

corny wrote: »
    Walsh gets a fair amount of stick but i'd be blaming the players first and foremost. They jogged around the place in the second half as if the game was already won. There has to be personal responsibility in that.

They've played that way for 4yrs. That's the "system" and that's Walshes fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Trio123

Some of the posts here are comical. Roscommon obviously needed to change their game going by the the last 2 years. They've brought physicality and cuteness to their game and could be a force to be reckoned with in the super 8!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement