Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Gym Behaviour - Mk2(?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

ISOP wrote: »
    what? you mean a unhinged looking guy going around a gym waving a dangerous sword could be staged?

Moreso the camera man attempting to hide, as if he's filming some random guy he saw at the gym secretly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

This thread would have more great stories if people shared a gym with this troll:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtiuD6fByOG/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'm laughing at the lady on the leg press in the background!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Keano wrote: »
    I'm laughing at the lady on the leg press in the background!

Thats so common !! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

McLovin has beefed up a bit since superbad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Not so much annoying but we’ve a lad who practises Capoeira on the astro. You’d think he’s probably really good and doing some extra training for a competition or whatever right? Nope. He snots himself every second try. Great craic while doing cardio.

In a more annoying note, a young lad stood around the squat racks staring at us like it was a machine he was looking to work in on for a good ten minutes yesterday. I wouldn’t mind but there were two free double racks on the other side of the room, he just didn’t know he could use the other one! And if he was doing similar to me and asked I’d have even let him work in! But nope he stood there passive aggressively staring at us all in the mirror for ages before storming off in a strop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bosco13

Housewives leaving their coats and scarves over machines and dumbbell racks then letting their kids run around to the point I nearly hit one in the head by accident while I was doing standing flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bosco13

Housewives leaving their coats and scarves hanging over machines and dumbbell racks then letting their kids run around and nearly getting hit in the head when I'm doing standing flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Bosco13 wrote: »
    Housewives leaving their coats and scarves hanging over machines and dumbbell racks then letting their kids run around and nearly getting hit in the head when I'm doing standing flies.

That's your own fault I'm afraid.

You need to work on your aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I did not think children under a certain age were allowed in gyms tbh - most have an over 16 years of age type policy from places I have been in anyway. Could not see young kids in a gym being a good idea, except for classes or kids specific activities etc.

"Housewives" :rolleyes:

Good to know you had time to chat with all of them and find out that they are all married and also not in paid employment outside the home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Undoubtedly been mentioned many times before, but, inconsiderate people leaving clothes & bags on the benches in changing room instead of the overhead rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I did not think children under a certain age were allowed in gyms tbh - most have an over 16 years of age type policy from places I have been in anyway. Could not see young kids in a gym being a good idea, except for classes or kids specific activities etc.

"Housewives" :rolleyes:

Good to know you had time to chat with all of them and find out that they are all married and also not in paid employment outside the home.

I'd say you're great craic on a night out....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

An unfortunate regular occurrence in my gym too. Worse again are the bored tweenagers sitting on the floor doing homework waiting for their mams, getting in the way and scowling at you if you have the cheek to inconvenience them by asking them to move.

Note to self: gyms for "women only" are a gimmick and only attract bints like the above. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Another Conor McGregor wannabe attempting various spinning kicks and punch combos on the punching bag tonight with all the coordination of a blindfolded elephant on ice skates. The look of smug satisfaction on his face when he finished was also a highlight. More amusing than annoying I guess.......

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

SusieBlue wrote: »
    An unfortunate regular occurrence in my gym too. Worse again are the bored tweenagers sitting on the floor doing homework waiting for their mams, getting in the way and scowling at you if you have the cheek to inconvenience them by asking them to move.

Note to self: gyms for "women only" are a gimmick and only attract bints like the above. Never again.

What in gods name kind of gyms allow kids to run around and lie on the floor? I'd take a tumble over one of them and cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

El_Bee wrote: »
    What in gods name kind of gyms allow kids to run around and lie on the floor? I'd take a tumble over one of them and cash in.

Or.. "accidentally" punt them out of your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

When the person next to you on the stationary bike fires into a loud and long facetime conversation with some lad in Portuguese :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

ANYONE taking pictures of themselves in the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,064 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Taking self, posing, being a knob sure.

Recording lifts for analysis. I'm ok with that.
    Posing because you competing Bodybuilding/Physique modelling. Not my jam, but if that's somebody's pursuit. Who am I to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

people leaving plastic bottles and paper towels around the gym floor , seem to notice it more maybe because its warmer now but its rank, how lazy do you have to be

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

silverharp wrote: »
    people leaving plastic bottles and paper towels around the gym floor , seem to notice it more maybe because its warmer now but its rank, how lazy do you have to be
    And not only the gym floor. The state of some changing rooms, filthy with bottles, paper, discarded food / protein bar wraps... Dirt bags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

SusieBlue wrote: »

It's the parents I'd blame for that rather than the kids, I'm sure those kids don't want to be sitting on a gym floor doing their homework! I can't believe that happens!

Meh, I don't see it much, but the times I've seen it, it hasn't been for sharing anywhere. My girlfriend and I take videos of each other so we can see our own form. My flies felt right till I saw a video of them.

For me in my gym, the most annoying behaviour is my students coming up and talking to me for ages. After that, it's a guy who is extremely loud through all his sets. It was fine at first but he seems to be always there. It's not groaning. It's like a constant mumbling to encourage himself even between sets, and because he has earphones in, he doesn't realise it's incredibly loud. And after that, it's old women asking to use the machine after I've just sat down.

It's a good gym, though. Clean, modern, and a nice environment. Love being there. Quite gaudy, though. Gold toilets. Gold membership card. Chandeliers above the pool.

I hate the McGregor wanabee dopes throwing shapes with their cap on acting as if they're doing the walk toward the octagon.

One of them walked toward the mirror after a set and pretended to headbutt his reflection then shaped his way back to his scruffbag mates.

They're often is great shape to be fair..do you guys think steroids is rampant amongst these type of lads? My cousin who frequents a certain D12 gym full of gangsters and these types says that half of not more of the gym are juiced up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I hate the McGregor wanabee dopes throwing shapes with their cap on acting as if they're doing the walk toward the octagon.

One of them walked toward the mirror after a set and pretended to headbutt his reflection then shaped his way back to his scruffbag mates.

They're often is great shape to be fair..do you guys think steroids is rampant amongst these type of lads? My cousin who frequents a certain D12 gym full of gangsters and these types says that half of not more of the gym are juiced up.

Its more common in most gyms than the average guy thinks. In my gym there are people who appear every couple of months to "top up" their muscle growth when they start a new roid cycle.

Its obvious who they are because they're usually at least twice the size of the other gym goers, lifting tiny weights and usually p!ssing sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

MarkY91 wrote: »

Steroid use is far worse than you think. I don’t question every guy that has size but a fair % of them are on the gear. I’ve done a few cycles myself years ago and you just know by looking. Most are open about it though. It’s the lads that deny deny deny are the ones doing the most of it.

Steroid use is far worse than you think. I don’t question every guy that has size but a fair % of them are on the gear. I’ve done a few cycles myself years ago and you just know by looking. Most are open about it though. It’s the lads that deny deny deny are the ones doing the most of it.

How is it noticeable in you that you did steroids before?

It is really obvious when a group of scumbags are walking around the gym throwing shapes with tanning bee tans and every one of them is built like a wrestler.

But other than that, I can't really tell who else is natural or not. Some people have insane dedication and other have really fortunate genetics...or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

People who **** in the urinals

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

why do so many young men want to have a small pen1s?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,064 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

silverharp wrote: »
    why do so many young men want to have a small pen1s?
    Why are you thinking about strangers’ penises in the gym?

Advertisement