Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

Another Idle thought mileage ?
    Mines on a 51.6k was 43 k when I got it looking like about 33k per year at this rate....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Next import question; is the full Hyundai warranty transferred? Irish dealership will do any warranty work no questions/no issues?

I ask, as someone from Kearys is trying to convince me that only UK dealers can carry out warranty work

Someone will correctly if I'm wrong but Keary's are incorrect there as far as I know. They sound like absolute chancers based on Black_Knight's experiences with them too tbh.

I have UK import. Swords dealer did all recalls for me, and investigated issues under warranty. No charge. Get on to Hyundai Ireland and get them to sort dealer out. Normally dealers like to do work under warranty as HQ pays for it and it is an income for local dealer which they can do on same day as a service and get more money. They did my actuator recall and did not even tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Cheapest Ioniq 2016 on autotrader https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908201334509
    Cheapest Ioniq 2017 on donedeal https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev/22868326

It seems Ioniq is now one of few cars that are cheaper in Ireland than UK.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Depends, I was bidding on a 2018 Ioniq that went for £18.5k last month, you got to keep your eye open and be ready to move quick

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

What auction was that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It was the taxi one that was posted on the EV I’m not buying thread, the one covered in decals

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Interesting that it was a taxi, as Hyundai voids the warranty for Ioniq BEV being used as a taxi. Looks like you dodged a bullet there mate!

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Booking my car in to be wrapped. Has anyone here had the rear bumper wrapped? Guy was a bit concerned about the fins design beside the rear reflectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

In other news
    Random scheduled charging issues sorted.
    A certain unnamed Hyundai dealer who's name ends in y swapped the 12v battery for another identical 1st day battery which I can only assume wasn't new cos that fix was short lived ca.3 weeks.
    Repeated battery measuring at home after no charging instance's revealed 10.8v each time.
    I replaced the battery myself with a new 55ah Varta hey presto problem solved.
    Additional footnote,12v battery warranty is only 2 years have a read of your book.
    I'm still undecided as to should I be pissed off with the dealer ot not.........
    It would seem the issue is as simple as enough charge left to keep the car alive,but not enough to close the charging relays/contactors/whatever goes clunk when the charger kicks in combined with aux battery saver doesn't check often enough/has to low a threshold voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Booking my car in to be wrapped. Has anyone here had the rear bumper wrapped? Guy was a bit concerned about the fins design beside the rear reflectors.

Yea I got my front and back wrapped
    [IMG][/img]Screenshot-20190917-103951-Gallery-1.jpg

• Advertisement

iggy wrote: »
    Yea I got my front and back wrapped

Sweet! Did they have any bother with the "fins" on the left and right? Guy that's doing it was saying if they stretch the wrap into the gap it might have issues over time and start to peel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Sweet! Did they have any bother with the "fins" on the left and right? Guy that's doing it was saying if they stretch the wrap into the gap it might have issues over time and start to peel.

No didn't have any issues and no sign of peeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Folks, is their any way of getting the car to precondition for heat, without it being fouuly charged. For example plug in car a nighttime but set it to be 20 degrees at 7am but only 60% charged. Or put another way get the heat to come on a couple of hours before charging is due to be complete

Folks, is their any way of getting the car to precondition for heat, without it being fouuly charged. For example plug in car a nighttime but set it to be 20 degrees at 7am but only 60% charged. Or put another way get the heat to come on a couple of hours before charging is due to be complete

Aren't heating and charging schedules independent?

I guess you could setup the heating schedule as you like it, but limit the "off peak" charging time to maybe just 2 hours over night (or whatever length of time you think is required to get to 60%.

Can I ask why?

Aren't heating and charging schedules independent?

I guess you could setup the heating schedule as you like it, but limit the "off peak" charging time to maybe just 2 hours over night (or whatever length of time you think is required to get to 60%.

Can I ask why?

I'm not sure if they are independent, and to be honest am too lazy to check tonight..

Why? - - I charge the car at work, not home, but would still like it to be toasty in the mornings when it starts getting cold.
    So if heating and charging schedules are different I'll set charging to complete 5 hours after I leave (so no charge will happen) but set heating to happen for when I'm scheduled to leave

I reset the consumption figure at the start of summer. Now at the end of summer it's reading 11.7kWh/100km. Or a range of 240km. That's pretty consistent with what I am greeted with when the car is charged overnight. I had a 250km displayed there a few days ago, never seen that before. And I've never driven any car I have owned more aggressively than I drive Ioniq :D

Not that I care much about efficiency - the difference between 11kWh/100km and 15kWh/100km would cost me maybe €50 per year, but these figures are just pretty staggering for someone with my driving style.
    So if heating and charging schedules are different I'll set charging to complete 5 hours after I leave (so no charge will happen) but set heating to happen for when I'm scheduled to leave

Yep. You can do that. Charging and heating are completely separate. You set charge start and finish times and you set driving off time (for heating to have reached a certain temp by then)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'm not sure if they are independent, and to be honest am too lazy to check tonight..

Why? - - I charge the car at work, not home, but would still like it to be toasty in the mornings when it starts getting cold.

I charge at work, so I set the car to charge only at off-peak hours, but then I set "off-peak" t0 be 08.30-17.30, so when I plug in at work, it just starts charging. I set the pre-conditioning/heater to come on for a departure time of 07.40, so when I plug in at home in the evening, the middle light flashes to indicate that the timer is on, and then it starts pulling energy to run the fans and heater in time for my departure time, without actually charging the main battery at all.

fricatus wrote: »
    I charge at work, so I set the car to charge only at off-peak hours, but then I set "off-peak" t0 be 08.30-17.30, so when I plug in at work, it just starts charging. I set the pre-conditioning/heater to come on for a departure time of 07.40, so when I plug in at home in the evening, the middle light flashes to indicate that the timer is on, and then it starts pulling energy to run the fans and heater in time for my departure time, without actually charging the main battery at all.

Genius, and exactly what I'm looking for..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do these come with granny and type 2 to type 2 cables in them? or just granny cable supplied from Dealer ?

Both cables are standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Both cables are standard.
    In Ireland.
    If buying ex-UK there are reports of dealers only including the 3 pin cable

ELM327 wrote: »
    In Ireland.

when I bought mine (in UK) 18th months ago, it was both...

when I bought mine (in UK) 18th months ago, it was both...
    Yes it's not all of them, just something to be wary of.
    Seemed to happen when the Kona came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

ELM327 wrote: »
    In Ireland.
    Mine is a 191 UK import and it included both types of cables.
    unkel wrote: »
    Now at the end of summer it's reading 11.7kWh/100km. Or a range of 240km
    My wife does most of the driving in the car, and its mostly very placid, local city driving and the consumption sits around 4-4.3mi/kwh on avg, which equates to 14.3kWh/100km. :confused:

beanian wrote: »
    My wife does most of the driving in the car, and its mostly very placid, local city driving and the consumption sits around 4-4.3mi/kwh on avg, which equates to 14.3kWh/100km. :confused:

I think for efficiency there is a sweet spot which is faster than stop go city driving but slower than motorway driving. I'm mostly motorway and normally average around 3.8 - 4.0mi/kw. between 3.5 and 3.8 if motorway only.

Guessing that the most efficient would be around 60-80km average with very little stor start..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think for efficiency there is a sweet spot which is faster than stop go city driving but slower than motorway driving. I'm mostly motorway and normally average around 3.8 - 4.0mi/kw. between 3.5 and 3.8 if motorway only.

Guessing that the most efficient would be around 60-80km average with very little stor start..

Switching between Imperial and Metric arrghhghghghghgh :eek: :D

listermint wrote:
    Switching between Imperial and Metric arrghhghghghghgh

The joys of driving an import, I'm AmbiMetriImperiallyDexterous

listermint wrote: »
    Switching between Imperial and Metric arrghhghghghghgh :eek: :D
    What's the km per gallon e equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

A lot of short slower trips will give worse efficiency than a single faster long trip I've found in my experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

BigAl81 wrote: »
    A lot of short slower trips will give worse efficiency than a single faster long trip I've found in my experience

The main reason for that would be the increased usage to heat/cool the cabin when you initially start up.

If you turned off AC and heating you should get better efficiency on the slower trips.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement