Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Another one that happened very recently.

My wife lost one of her earrings. Nothing to creepy about that you say. Well, we noticed it in the car on the way back from a restaraunt we had dinner at, so we went back, checked all around the table, checked the toilets, everywhere we walked, where the coats were hung. No sign, so we gave up hope of ever finding it.

Fast forward 2 weeks and were packing up all our stuff to move house. Move all our stuff, then a few days later, I do a deep clean of the house; hoover, mop, hoover again and mop again. Another few days pass and I go back to the old house to collect the last few bits; dishes left in the dishwasher, cleaning stuff etc.

After putting that all in the car I go back in to the house to do one last sweep and what is that I see sparkling in the middle of the kitchen floor? Yep my wifes earring. No idea why it was only then it was spotted. Never saw it while cleaning up. It was like it materialised from thin air just before we were leaving the house for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Gorteen wrote: »
    Speed of sound 343 m/second
    Velocity of M16 (5.56mm) rifle(as a random example) 900 m/second

http://sciabc.us/cez9j

I don't think you understood my musings. Never mind! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I always have 'psychic' episodes. I was in my hotel room a couple of weeks ago and started thinking about the song Two Princes. Five minutes later I walk into the dining room area storeys down. Five minutes later, the presenters on a morning TV show that was playing in there started singing the song Two Princes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I always have 'psychic' episodes. I was in my hotel room a couple of weeks ago and started thinking about the song Two Princes. Five minutes later I walk into the dining room area storeys down. Five minutes later, the presenters on a morning TV show that was playing in there started singing the song Two Princes.

Aka Synchronicity (some might say amusing coincidence) I often notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Yea I've had this kinda thing for years now, I just don't envisage my bring in a certain place that I had an appointment for or booked to go to. Always felt like a situation would arise that I couldn't go and on most occasions I couldn't go. Could be an anxiety thing I dunno but good to hear I'm not the only one. On another weird on I can watch a match and say without any shadow of a doubt here's a goal coming weather I'm watching on tv or live at a match, every now and again it just washes over me. Might not sound much but it's literally instant, sometimes I even see the goal bring scored before the event.

I know that feeling, its like you just know about something happening, its instant and just a total feeling of absolute certainty. Gut instinct maybe? I dunno but good to hear other people experience it too, id say its common for most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Ralphyroo

I lost my wedding ring for a couple of days not long after I got married. I was telling a friend about it and she said her sister lost her engagement ring just after she got engaged. She searched everywhere and never found it. Three years later she was cleaning and lifted the bedside locker to hoover under it and her engagement room was there. It wasn't like it was the first time she looked there, under the locker was hoovered at least once a week.

If anyone's had anxiety, I wondered if its just me or if it muddles your instincts, making it hard to discern between a gut instinct warning you about someone or something, and anxiety lying to you/making you scared for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

I know that feeling, its like you just know about something happening, its instant and just a total feeling of absolute certainty. Gut instinct maybe? I dunno but good to hear other people experience it too, id say its common for most people.

I wouldn't think it's common at all. I've never been in the company of someone saying anything before it happens.

I wouldn't think it's common at all. I've never been in the company of someone saying anything before it happens.

Really? Ive heard it from a few people. Strange how it happens.
    It reminds me of how sometimes I might turn around and look directly at someone who is looking at me, or vice versa, if youre looking at someone they somehow instinctually know and they turn to look directly at you.
    Ive tested this while on a bus stuck in traffic before, bored and people watching, id look at people on the street and quite a few of them would turn around and look up directly at me on the bus from the busy street.
    I heard about this ages ago, dont know how true it is but its interesting and sounds plausible enough for me. Supposedly it all stems back to when we were cave people and needed to be two steps ahead of predators. Its like a weird neolithic instinct thing. Brains are weird, like when some people get really nervous or frightened they feel like they need the bathroom because a part of our brain still thinks we're an ancestral lizard that sh!t itself when ever a predator came along so it could make itself lighter to run away faster.

I dont know if any of those examples are related to weird dreams or correct feelings about future events but its my own take on it :)
    Its weird but fascinating how the brain works.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Yes but think of all the times you sang songs that didn't come on the radio!

• Advertisement

Really? Ive heard it from a few people. Strange how it happens.
    It reminds me of how sometimes I might turn around and look directly at someone who is looking at me, or vice versa, if youre looking at someone they somehow instinctually know and they turn to look directly at you.
    Ive tested this while on a bus stuck in traffic before, bored and people watching, id look at people on the street and quite a few of them would turn around and look up directly at me on the bus from the busy street.
    I heard about this ages ago, dont know how true it is but its interesting and sounds plausible enough for me. Supposedly it all stems back to when we were cave people and needed to be two steps ahead of predators. Its like a weird neolithic instinct thing. Brains are weird, like when some people get really nervous or frightened they feel like they need the bathroom because a part of our brain still thinks we're an ancestral lizard that sh!t itself when ever a predator came along so it could make itself lighter to run away faster.

I dont know if any of those examples are related to weird dreams or correct feelings about future events but its my own take on it :)
    Its weird but fascinating how the brain works.

That's a read and a half and all perfectly plausible, that one where someone looks at you outta nowhere is so true. The cavemen instinct is strong in me, 99% of times I sense danger or dangerous ppl a mile away. It's creepy at times knowing what's coming in just an instant outta nowhere.

That's a read and a half and all perfectly plausible, that one where someone looks at you outta nowhere is so true. The cavemen instinct is strong in me, 99% of times I sense danger or dangerous ppl a mile away. It's creepy at times knowing what's coming in just an instant outta nowhere.

Same, its so strange, there are some people I just cant settle around, without even speaking to them, just get a vibe and know theyre bad news. Its always spot on too. Its so important to trust your gut I think.

Same, its so strange, there are some people I just cant settle around, without even speaking to them, just get a vibe and know theyre bad news. Its always spot on too. Its so important to trust your gut I think.

Million percent, some ppl just give off an air without even knowing it. Some ppl are so naive they never get that vibe at all. I don't understand how ppl aren't as self aware, maybe I'm just different.

Here's creepy and eerily sounding, has anyone ever seen these videos
    https://youtu.be/FHi6LjKuNl4
    It's actually the freakiest things I've ever heard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I think the cleaner and healthier you are it's easier to get the bad vibes.
    Im not into pseudo science but a friend suggests that when we're near certain people our atoms fire more, or when we're in a dangerous situation.
    Like a horse stuck to the road and won't go any further.

Someone who's a lush or drug addict coke head whatsoever won't feel those vibes.
    They're too sick in the head and disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Pretty mad alright, heres something similar in Budapest:

Theres videos of it in Scotland and NI as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

evil_seed wrote: »
    Another one that happened very recently.

My wife lost one of her earrings. Nothing to creepy about that you say. Well, we noticed it in the car on the way back from a restaraunt we had dinner at, so we went back, checked all around the table, checked the toilets, everywhere we walked, where the coats were hung. No sign, so we gave up hope of ever finding it.

Fast forward 2 weeks and were packing up all our stuff to move house. Move all our stuff, then a few days later, I do a deep clean of the house; hoover, mop, hoover again and mop again. Another few days pass and I go back to the old house to collect the last few bits; dishes left in the dishwasher, cleaning stuff etc.

After putting that all in the car I go back in to the house to do one last sweep and what is that I see sparkling in the middle of the kitchen floor? Yep my wifes earring. No idea why it was only then it was spotted. Never saw it while cleaning up. It was like it materialised from thin air just before we were leaving the house for good.

Sure the earring could have fallen onto a weird part of a coat, jacket or jumper and got stuck there until it fell off one day. I sleep with earplugs and sometimes I get up at night to go to toilet to find I have lost a plug. Eventually find them in all sorts of places.

Theres a weather phenomoenon that forms the outline of a male human, but I forget the name. Its very spooky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Did you read the comments from the person that uploaded the video?
    I made the sound with ipad gband, and tweaked a bit. Wanted to get similar those russian ****. Picture edited with AE. The purpose beside its fun, tell the people that all this conspiracy/ufo/religious **** that got magnified with the internet is some kind of fake. Wheter or not intentionally, but not what people want to believe. I uploaded this one got million views at 3 different channel in a week, was in tv, etc. Thousands of vids out there, but no real evidence or experience. It tells man.

I guess he did a good job.....

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Pretty mad alright, heres something similar in Budapest:

Theres videos of it in Scotland and NI as well.
    Just puts the fear of God into ya, there's no explanation at all, just crazily weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MsLecter

At the age of 10, I was scheduled for a huge operation and I was extremely nervous as you are.... so the morning of the op I’m rolled into the anaesthetic waiting area and find my trolley parked next to a bearded man on a trolley, so i say hello and get no response, say it a few more times and get absolutely zilch back..... thinking to myself he’s just rude.

I lay back on my trolley and a few mins later my surgeon comes out... starts chatting and then he notices the man on the trolley next to me........ he starts shouting for the senior nurse and tells me to turn on my side looking away from the man as the nurse proceeds to pull the sheet over his head.

I was operation 2 that morning, operation 1 died on the table..... so for a good 10-15mins I was in a room with a dead person trying to strike up a conversation

tuxy wrote: »
    Did you read the comments from the person that uploaded the video?

I guess he did a good job.....

There's a few more videos banded about, wonder is that all done to those, would rest easier if so :)

MsLecter wrote: »
    At the age of 10, I was scheduled for a huge operation and I was extremely nervous as you are.... so the morning of the op I’m rolled into the anaesthetic waiting area and find my trolley parked next to a bearded man on a trolley, so i say hello and get no response, say it a few more times and get absolutely zilch back..... thinking to myself he’s just rude.

I lay back on my trolley and a few mins later my surgeon comes out... starts chatting and then he notices the man on the trolley next to me........ he starts shouting for the senior nurse and tells me to turn on my side looking away from the man as the nurse proceeds to pull the sheet over his head.

I was operation 2 that morning, operation 1 died on the table..... so for a good 10-15mins I was in a room with a dead person trying to strike up a conversation

Sweet Lord, talk about unnerving.

Just remembering, years ago in my childhood I was up with my friends close to a "haunted house" and we went in and found dolls heads in there and it was really dark, vibes wise in there, thinking it's all in our heads case we're at this haunted house, so we left as quick as we got in, we got out into the field and I remember these two ppl appeared through the field sign their hoods up and dressed in bock walking in our direction, I booted it under barbed wire, no idea how I fitted underneath it without tearing myself up but I never ran so fast and not a chance I was going to look back. Still have that clear enough in my he's telling the story now. Freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ktsul

MsLecter wrote: »

Oh my good god !

Theres a weather phenomoenon that forms the outline of a male human, but I forget the name. Its very spooky.

You need to Google these things as now I've to go search a link lol

You need to Google these things as now I've to go search a link lol

Brockenhurst spectre. Or just Brocken spectre.

I was stubbornly waiting to remember it naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bad dreams I had as a young boy of 5 years old for a few nights as I was falling asleep. I was waking up crying from them.

Brockenhurst spectre. Or just Brocken spectre.

I was stubbornly waiting to remember it naturally.

I prefer that myself but I'd never heard of that type of weather phenomenon

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »
    I think the cleaner and healthier you are it's easier to get the bad vibes.
    Im not into pseudo science but a friend suggests that when we're near certain people our atoms fire more, or when we're in a dangerous situation.
    Like a horse stuck to the road and won't go any further.

Someone who's a lush or drug addict coke head whatsoever won't feel those vibes.
    They're too sick in the head and disconnected.

Yeah its weird, im not into psuedo science either but cant argue with feelings and a sense of knowing that something is up.

I remember years ago, after a night out I walking home and met a girl id known briefly from college, she had dropped out so never really got to know her, she was sitting on the street with her dog and I stopped to chat to her, told me she was homeless and had nowhere to go.
    I was drunk so I hadnt noticed anything too off about her at the time, had a feeling in the back of mind to keep walking but was conflicted with wanting to help her so invited her back to stay in mine for the night. It just kind of fell out of my mouth before I had time to think.
    Half way up the road I realised something really wasnt right with her. I tried to lose her but she was stuck to me like glue at this stage so brought her into the house, made her something to eat, the whole time she was in the house I got these horrible vibes from her so long story short I had to ask her to leave the house. I dont even know why I felt that way in the beginning as she was harmless but just got this really untrusting vibe, I was filled with anxiety, it was like that feeling you get when you walk past a group of rough looking teenagers late at night on your own.
    After I tried to get her to leave a few times her hole demeanor changed and she took half a scissors out of her bag, at which point I got my house mate to help me get her out.
    For about a week after she left there was this really weird, heavy atmosphere in the house, it was like, if youve ever gone into a room and felt tension like thered just been an argument, there was this weird, on edge, negative feeling that just wouldnt leave. It was so weird.

Sounds mad but I do think people carry an energy about them - best way I can think of describing it. Only ever met a few people with one as heavy and negative as hers - she was a heroin addict with schizophrenia I later found out - but everyone has one and you can definitely pick it up from people, it's very much a mood changer.

If anything, I learned from that encounter to trust the vibes you get from people, theyre usually right.

Advertisement