Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Hi, Can anyone tell me if the data here is good, bad or indifferent. I'm using Leafspy Lite and am also wondering if I can tell if I have the updated software before I send the car in for a service. Thanks.

What year is it?

And you cant tell if there are software updates required using LeafSpy lite. You need the pro version for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

It's a 2016 that I imported about 5 or 6 months back. Is it worth buying the Pro version to find out before the Service on Thursday or will they be able to tell me themselves. I actually bought Pro version and lost the Iphone two days later before ever using it and just switched to Samsung....

It's a 2016 that I imported about 5 or 6 months back. Is it worth buying the Pro version to find out before the Service on Thursday or will they be able to tell me themselves. I actually bought Pro version and lost the Iphone two days later before ever using it and just switched to Samsung....

They probably wont look or tell you about software updates. They will inspect the car (suspension etc), give it a clean, change the cabin filter and possibly change brake fluid and that will be it.

The primary software update that the L30 requires is the BMS update if its an early 2016 model. The pro version will show you that, but Nissan dont update it unless you ask them to as its not a recall item.

The car is at 90% SoH which is about right for a 4yr old Leaf.

Sound....Just installed the Pro version and will give it a check shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

KCross wrote: »
    They probably wont look or tell you about software updates. They will inspect the car (suspension etc), give it a clean, change the cabin filter and possibly change brake fluid and that will be it.

The primary software update that the L30 requires is the BMS update if its an early 2016 model. The pro version will show you that, but Nissan dont update it unless you ask them to as its not a recall item.

The car is at 90% SoH which is about right for a 4yr old Leaf.
    I have just bought a 2017 leaf 30kwh battery acent model. Not on the road yet as some repairs to body work. Would I need to go to local nissan garage and serviced check over and how to connect the nissan connect app to the car? Is it only through the dealer I get it assigned to my name or can I do it myself? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

so what are the essential apps for leaf owners?

NissanConnect EU
    ESB Cars

i see there is leafspy pro but not updated since may2018
    myleaf seems to have high reviews and updated regularly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My Leaf, I prefer it to the Nissan app

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Hoping to pull the trigger on a 40kwh sve this week.
    Really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Same here, I have a deposit on a Leaf40 at the moment. If anyone has bought one as a company car could you send me a PM to say who insured you please. I am struggling to get a quote at the moment from brokers or companies directly. Have left details with them but no calls back yet.

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    I have just bought a 2017 leaf 30kwh battery acent model. Not on the road yet as some repairs to body work. Would I need to go to local nissan garage and serviced check over and how to connect the nissan connect app to the car? Is it only through the dealer I get it assigned to my name or can I do it myself? Thanks

You can do it yourself. If the car is already attached to someone else's account you can email nissan to get it reset on their end and then you can create your account and login to it in the car menu.

Do a search on this thread for the details... it has been posted many times.

• Advertisement

So had my 2016 L30 in for service yesterday and software update, raging I never got around to taking a Leafspy screenshot before the service, just completely slipped my mind.
    €77 from main Nissan dealer.
    Will post basic stats from Leafspy in next day or so...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

slave1 wrote: »
    So had my 2016 L30 in for service yesterday and software update, raging I never got around to taking a Leafspy screenshot before the service, just completely slipped my mind.
    €77 from main Nissan dealer.
    Will post basic stats from Leafspy in next day or so...

Are you saying they charge you 77 Euro for a battery status check alone?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'm being charged €110 for them to do a visual inspection on my eGolf!!! I know a mechanic needs to be paid and a garge has overheads but this is pulling the pee a bit!!!

Don't know where you picked that up, car was in for a service not a battery status check.

Anyhow, 3yrs and 8month old Leaf 30 with 60,753kms on the clock SOH at 95.04%

Don't know where you picked that up, car was in for a service not a battery status check.

Where u get service?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

I have contacted a few nissan garages in around Dublin the prices I got for a basic service for a nissan Leaf are below:

Windsor Raheny €140

Windsor Clonee €129

Windsor Belgard €129

Windsor Liffey Valley €149

Where are people getting less than €100 for a basic service in a nissan garage?

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    Where u get service?

Mullingar Nissan

Just thought 77 Euro was way too cheap for a service. So presumed was for something else I.e. the battery check.

I agree, they seem to be selling themselves short on labour time but you can see into the workshop and apart from hooking up the car for diagnostic there really is little else to be done, tyres, bodywork, brakes etc, does not take that long at all.
    This service took 2.5hrs due to the software update over WiFi

I agree, they seem to be selling themselves short on labour time but you can see into the workshop and apart from hooking up the car for diagnostic there really is little else to be done, tyres, bodywork, brakes etc, does not take that long at all.
    This service took 2.5hrs due to the software update over WiFi

Any filters they have to change?

• Advertisement

Automan wrote: »
    I have contacted a few nissan garages in around Dublin the prices I got for a basic service for a nissan Leaf are below:

Windsor Raheny €140

Windsor Clonee €129

Windsor Belgard €129

I paid €183 yesterday for a full service, although to be fair €60 of that was for 2 wipers....I could have bought sets for that money from the local motor factors

Any filters they have to change?

Just a cabin pollen filter which is easy to replace so I do it myself, I posted some photos on how to do it about a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

I was quoted €102 for an 'A' Service (whatever that is) in Nissan Naas a couple of days ago. Pollen Filter was changed and the other usual checks. I don't know if the A Service is smaller or larger than what I assume is a B Service? I didn't get any SOH details afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

jasonb wrote: »
    I was quoted €102 for an 'A' Service (whatever that is) in Nissan Naas a couple of days ago. Pollen Filter was changed and the other usual checks. I don't know if the A Service is smaller or larger than what I assume is a B Service? I didn't get any SOH details afterwards.

Rang Nissan Naas earlier and asked for a price for a basic service on a Nissan Leaf and they came back with €130, odd that.

Automan wrote: »

Windsor Raheny €140

Windsor Clonee €129

Windsor Belgard €129

I was quoted 149 Sterling in Newry this week.

Just had a look at the Maintenance Book. It doesn't list any specific type of Maintenance, just that it should be every year or every 30,000k, whichever is sooner. My 151 L24 has had a service done in March '17, '18, '19 and '20, and they're all just listed as 'Full Service'.

No idea why people are getting such difference prices, you would have thought a fixed service on a specific type of car at a main dealers would cost the same. Of course, maybe there are differences in cost between the year of the car and the battery size etc., but I don't see why there would be. Sure, an older car has more chance of 'extras' needed, but the basic service should be the same, right?

jasonb wrote: »
    Just had a look at the Maintenance Book. It doesn't list any specific type of Maintenance, just that it should be every year or every 30,000k, whichever is sooner. My 151 L24 has had a service done in March '17, '18, '19 and '20, and they're all just listed as 'Full Service'.

No idea why people are getting such difference prices, you would have thought a fixed service on a specific type of car at a main dealers would cost the same. Of course, maybe there are differences in cost between the year of the car and the battery size etc., but I don't see why there would be. Sure, an older car has more chance of 'extras' needed, but the basic service should be the same, right?

I have the same car as you and my maintenance book does list 4 different types of required maintenance schedules.

1) Intermediate service every 12mths/18k miles
    2) Full maintenance every 24mths/36k miles
    3) Additional maintenance every 48mths
    4) Sever driving conditions maintenance

The only thing that gets replaced in 1) is the cabin filter. The rest is listed as just inspection.

For 2) the brake fluid is replaced as well as cabin filter and they also have a few extra inspections (suspension stuff and charge port rubber)

For 3) they replace the coolant

I presume 4) doesnt apply in this country but its basically the same as 2) but just a shorter intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Small question from a new owner (171 30kW). Will loss of battery show in the dash battery disaplay (not get up to all bars?) or just in diagnostics?
    TIA

Small question from a new owner (171 30kW). Will loss of battery show in the dash battery disaplay (not get up to all bars?) or just in diagnostics?
    TIA

On the display.... the 12 right most bars will start disappearing.

The first one drops when the battery has lost 15% of its capacity and each subsequent bar represents ~6.5%(iirc).

• Advertisement

On the display.... the 12 right most bars will start disappearing.

The first one drops when the battery has lost 15% of its capacity and each subsequent bar represents ~6.5%(iirc).

Never really understood this, is there a reason why the first bar is worth so much more than the others, and the 100% isn't just split evenly between the 12 bars?
    I have the same car as you and my maintenance book does list 4 different types of required maintenance schedules.

1) Intermediate service every 12mths/18k miles
    2) Full maintenance every 24mths/36k miles
    3) Additional maintenance every 48mths
    4) Sever driving conditions maintenance

The only thing that gets replaced in 1) is the cabin filter. The rest is listed as just inspection.

For 2) the brake fluid is replaced as well as cabin filter and they also have a few extra inspections (suspension stuff and charge port rubber)

For 3) they replace the coolant

I presume 4) doesnt apply in this country but its basically the same as 2) but just a shorter intervals.

That's weird, my maintenance book doesn't have that at all.

Advertisement