Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

JRant wrote: »
    For the 2019/2020 flu season the CDC in the US has estimated the following:
    Up to 55 million people infected, 730,000 hospitalised, and 63,000 dead.

The US and Italy both seem to get hit with very hard flu seasons and there seems to be a correlation between this and the rapid rise of COVID19 cases.
    That is a worst case example
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html
    Flu kills as few as 12,000 many other years in the US

Anyway it seems people make lots of excuses for why certain countries are hit hard but clearly as more emerge as the pandemic continues it simply hits any country hard where it has had a chance to get out of control due to initial inaction

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The new Garda powers are in force until easter Sunday only.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0408/1129218-coronavirus-legislation/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Too busy answering the phone, wasting ppe equipment for a photo etc to be worried about helping.

His PR company will have a statement tomorrow or Thurs to let us know we won't be going anywhere for a few weeks. People will say what an amazing job he is doing and how good the speech was.

People forget alot.

Propaganda is proven to work and he has a very expensive propaganda team working for him. Paid for by us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

The new Garda powers are in force until easter Sunday only.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0408/1129218-coronavirus-legislation/
    Yeah seems a bit odd having such a short time frame on the new powers. Surely they could leave them in place but with a scaled back operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lwaker.

I've a repeat prescription that's ran out

do I go to the pharmacist

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Lwaker. wrote: »

If you are at risk or unwell ring them they might deliver for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It’s a pity groups out in public aren’t limited to 2. Post on Facebook earlier, father of a family of 5 complaining that people are getting too close to them when they’re out walking. 5 people on a footpath, I can only imagine how difficult it is to pass that gang without coming close, yet they’re the ones complaining.

Limit it to 2 people for the time being, make life easier and safer for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Yes, unless you're in the most vulnerable category.

If you have someone to go for you and drop them off, that would be handy also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Gael23 wrote: »
    Something drastic needs to be done quickly around the issue of careers looking after patients in their own home. Home Helps make the difference that allow vulnerable people to remain at home instead of being in a nursing home, which is what we want. But, they can visit up to 6 different households in a day which creates massive rosk
    What do you suggest should be done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Ring first. Pharmacists can extend issue medicine's for expired prescriptions based on their own judgement. They may want to talk to you first and may prefer to do that over the phone.

If you should be cocooning ask if they have a delivery service at the moment.

• Advertisement

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Yes, unless you're in the most vulnerable category.

If you have someone to go for you and drop them off, that would be handy also.

So I don't need the GP

The pharmacy should just.extend.it?

It's.for a.routine.type of medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

So I don't need the GP

Sorry, I'm not sure. I thought a repeat prescription didn't need a GP visit.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm not sure. I thought a repeat prescription didn't need a GP visit.

Yes they print it out and you bring it to pharmacy, here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

So I don't need the GP

Ring the pharmacy and ask. They may be in a position to extend based on what it is and history of giving it to you. If they can't, ring your doc and they can issue the prescription and someone can pick it up for you

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It’s a pity groups out in public aren’t limited to 2. Post on Facebook earlier, father of a family of 5 complaining that people are getting too close to them when they’re out walking. 5 people on a footpath, I can only imagine how difficult it is to pass that gang without coming close, yet they’re the ones complaining.

Unfortunately limiting to 2 people doesn't make it easier for a family of 5 wanting to get the kids out of the confines of their home once a day for a half an hour or so. Are the parents supposed to take it in turns, taking one of their kids out a time, while the other parent stays at home with the other two?

I do a lap of our block once a day with the family, and we very rarely run into groups. When we come across people, we go single file....it's not that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mick987

Not sure maybe try the local vet first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

agreed but what happens if your a single parent or have a partner in essential services and have two kids. . Cant leave one kid home alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

So I don't need the GP

Yes pharmacy should extend it , once it’s a repeat you won’t need to see GP . We got ours delivered yesterday and it was out this week but pharmacy delivered a months supply.
    Not sure all pharmacies are doing it do they can , if not get your GP to fax/Email it to pharmacy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Are health food shops open at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If your prescription has run out with the chemist then you will have to get a repeat from the gp first, in normal circumstances anyway.

Depends on the meds but it would only take a phonecall with your gp to get the repeat anyway. I'm sure they have a way to relay the info to the chemist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

harr wrote: »
    Yes pharmacy should extend it , once it’s a repeat you won’t need to see GP . We got ours delivered yesterday and it was out this week but pharmacy delivered a months supply.
    Not sure all pharmacies are doing it do they can , if not get your GP to fax/Email it to pharmacy.

Forgot about that bit. Not sure if it's a new thing in the current context or if it was always there.

Pharmacy should have an @healthmail address that is specifically for doctors emailing prescriptions to them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Where has this idea come from that you can't pass someone on a footpath?
    Most footpaths aren't even 2 meters wide to start with. Just walk past and go about your business.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ring doctor, doctor can email or fax prescription to chemist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Facebook post FFS.

its a pity they don't ban facebook to stop people talking sh1te

Is there any evidence to suggest you will catch this just walking past people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Leo told pharmacies they can dispense on out of date scripts if needed, everyone seemed to take that as they could dispense out of date drugs, ring your pharmacy, shouldn't be an issue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Go out to your back and tan.

Lol! Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NetChat101

So I don't need the GP

New rules during this time - the pharmacist can give you medicines from a prescription that has gone out of date, without you going back to your GP. They use their discretion in all cases but if it's something you regularly get I wouldn't think you'll have a problem getting it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

NetChat101 wrote: »
    New rules during this time - the pharmacist can give you medicines from a prescription that has gone out of date, without you going back to your GP. They use their discretion in all cases but if it's something you regularly get I wouldn't think you'll have a problem getting it now.

My practice has an online repeat prescription form, fill it out, they ring you to take the 20 euro payment and send it to the Pharmacy of your choice. Took me 2 days from applying to getting my prescription filled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

I know some have dismissed the haemoglobin preliminary thesis, (which has been put forward by Dr Cameron Kyle Sidell also - I confess I have not watched his video but will soon), as being speculative. It is of course very early to theorise, but given that it specifically contraindicates ventilators as a treatment, I hope speedy peer review is taking place on the thesis and further quick research. Transfusion for haemoglobin purposes, rather than just antibodies, may be better than ventilation going by this idea. A short while ago I know someone who had severe haemorrhage which necessitated emergency transfusion and the symptom preceding going to the ICU was incredibly sudden weakness, and a feeling of burning in muscles if they tried to walk. I have read so many talk of a similar weakness if moving and also chest muscle burning sensation re Covid. Anecdotal, I know! But perhaps there is merit in the theory?
    Here is the pre review paper again

https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID-19_Disease_ORF8_and_Surface_Glycoprotein_Inhibit_Heme_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173

• Advertisement

Yes they print it out and you bring it to pharmacy, here anyway

The doctor can send the prescription via healthmail. Also, all repeat prescriptions have been extended to 9 months from 6.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement