Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    There's a strong possibility that ICU capacity will be reached within the next week or so unfortunately.

In fairness the same was said last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

keynes wrote: »
    Despite his appearance of professionalism and the sense of assurance he exudes, Holohan has been an unmitigated disaster from the outside. The sooner the fawning media spot this, the better. On every issue (Paddys Day, flights from Italy, Cheltenham, nursing homes) he has been weeks behind the curve, and this disease exacts the ultimate penalty for such incompetence

As well as that staff reporting that they are seeing patients without any PPE. Was a window missed to get the required equipment before it became such a big issue in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,433 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

ZX7R wrote: »
    Reality is Austria and Denmark won't agree to Italy's proposals, Germany made concessions thanks to France all members agreed in principle to the new concessions bar Italy,
    I do feel sorry for Italy but they are going to have to make concessions also.
    Italy want to borrow but with absolutely no consequences.
    Plus the European ECB has done quite a lot already for the European economy.

The ECB made a large token gesture, once it would have been enough but not in this circumstance.

Only a matter of time before the markets call the EUs bluff.

Germany itself is heading for a double digit contraction this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Theres also a strong possibility that ICU capacity wont be reached within the next week or so
    And that would be fantastic that the oft much maligned HSE and the public turn out to be successful in achieving such a Herculean task

• Registered Users Posts: 24,916 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Never have I wanted the weather to turn absolutely brutal for an extended period as much as I do now. Just got sent a picture of the local park at around 3pm today stuffed with people playing sports, picnics etc... This is an upper middle class area btw. Very deflating

Weather very mixed for the next couple of weeks according to the forecast. Problem there is it might tend to force the goons out there together.

• Advertisement

d51984 wrote: »
    Didnt mean offence by the quick our father, not a holy person myself, but Im Irish and was brought up here.

D<insert random numbers>,

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss :(

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

easypazz wrote: »
    We are not wide open.

Firstly very few arrivals now
    Secondly they are required to isolate
    Thirdly we are all isolating from each other anyway.

As soon as we start to get ahead of this you can be sure arrivals will jump through serious hoops to get in.

Firstly it only takes one to start yet another cluster.
    Secondly I dealt with that... spreading as they travel from the airport.
    Thirdly we are not all self isolating from our families.

WE will never get ahead of this unless we start getting proactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭normanoffside

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Never have I wanted the weather to turn absolutely brutal for an extended period as much as I do now. Just got sent a picture of the local park at around 3pm today stuffed with people playing sports, picnics etc... This is an upper middle class area btw. Very deflating

You're worse than away with the fairies.

Have you got any stats on how many people become infected in open air parks?

Do you know if the groups of people you saw in the pictures were or weren't from the same household?

If They weren't' from the same house, can you tell from the pictures you were sent if they were or were not 2 metres apart?

What sports were they playing?
    Are the people playing the sports from the same household?

If not, are they two metres apart?
    For example if they are playing tennis what are the stats on them being infected through a tennis ball being hit by a Racquet?

So much wrong with your post without these contexts, but you are not going to give them are you?
    Why? Because how can you tell from a picture you were sent?

Quit with the curtain twitching and the worrying and get on with your own life.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't want to be a negative nelly but with the increase in ICU, high fatalities and increases in positive cases while still tests and results are delayed it is hard to be upbeat and positive, everyone take care

Has anyone any bit of good news to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,684 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I painted my fence. Looks fúcking mint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KerryConnor

I don't want to be a negative nelly but with the increase in ICU, high fatalities and increases in positive cases while still tests and results are delayed it is hard to be upbeat and positive, everyone take care

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2324549824314506&id=794261867343317?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e

Very heartening interview with Paddy Mallon hse consultant

• Registered Users Posts: 54,874 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I know it is asked a lot, and nobody knows, but do we think the current restrictions stay until at least end April?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Danzy wrote: »
    The ECB made a large token gesture, once it would have been enough but not in this circumstance.

Only a matter of time before the markets call the EUs bluff.

Germany itself is heading for a double digit contraction this year.

That's why Germany made concessions already in the negotiations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

rm212 wrote: »
    This is what I’m hearing down the road from me all day long today. We may prepare for another surge in 2 weeks I think... I hope I’m wrong but i can’t imagine we are both having isolated incidents. One good thing is that the Gardai did a round in the car earlier and people kind of scurried inside quickly but they came back out once the coast was clear

When was the first surge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

walshb wrote: »
    I know it is asked a lot, and nobody knows, but do we think the current restrictions stay until at least end April?

Yes definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think mid late May

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

They use the ward space thats been freed up along with space still being freed up.

This is all in the various news reports, your questions have all been answered if you actually read them and not pick out the lines your interested in. There are beds available if needed, hopefully they wont be but with surge plans the capacity is there.

It's been explained many times by many posters on here. Honestly take your own advice from earlier and take a break

There's hundreds of pages about this Corona virus, I'm not searching through for answers. You don't have to be so narky towards me.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭mosii

may/july for me .....

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

Deaths per 1 M pop. within Europe Only & excluding microstates. Note especially Slovakia - similar size and similar population to Ireland
    Deaths-per-1-M-population.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Thanks for posting that, very encouraging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

blackcard wrote: »
    I happened to be in a cemetery last week when a man was being buried. There were 2 people in attendance, the grave digger and another man who I think was a state official. Sad way to end your days on earth

It is indeed very sad, heard the deceased aren’t even being embalmed don’t know why but wonder if it’s considered that they are infectious after death which seems like even a terrible question to ask ( but if they did not have covid are they being embalmed) only an undertaker would know the answer to this I suppose or maybe there are hse guidelines on their website.Proper funerals are supposed to take place after this has ended, Not terribly comforting to the grieving families though.

Yes. The quicker we all move to the Acceptance phase that death is the way up solve this, the quicker we get through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,094 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Unless Dominic Cummings wargs into the minds of Leo & Simon...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

With all English Reg cars coming into Wexford and Waterford and likes for weekend. Say things might be about get worse them better yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I don't even see a small possibility that they won't be extended till the end of the month. I think most people are taking this as a given.

What year, mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Looking at most of your posts, you seem to be at your wits end. I suggest you take your own advice in the last post quoted above.

It's good advice, and not just for that one poster. Particularly in the early days, I was glued to the earlier versions of this thread, and I still do check in from time to time of course, but it's so important (for everyone) to take a break from this as much as possible. Obviously, observe the guidelines, but find some hobby that will take your mind off things. Reading, tv shows, podcasts, computer games, talking to family & friends. And if you can (I can't, and I miss it) get out for a walk if possible (and safe).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Achasanai wrote: »
    And if you can (I can't, and I miss it) get out for a walk if possible (and safe).

But if you go out for a walk, Bandit Luke will probably get a picture of you sent by one of his spies and then go ranting about it on here.

Best stay indoors for his mental health, don't worry about your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

With all English Reg cars coming into Wexford and Waterford and likes for weekend. Say things might be about get worse them better yet.
    Absolutely, we might infect the lot of them before they go back home

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement