Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

George Lee was on the news there. Talking about the European disease council or whatever it's called.

Georges words were something like there's no peak yet, of restrictions are relaxed, community transmission will rise to serious levels. He went on and on.

This virus is going to sh1t on our summer. There won't be a pub or beer garden open in sight. Fcuk sake.

What did china unleash on the world. All because they couldn't stop eating bat and drinking rat piss.

Numbers arent peaking, they are plateauing.

I believe this,is called flattening the curve??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Am I being simple in my thinking but if everybody wore face masks, can the virus die off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Beasty wrote: »
    To a limited extent I think it remains valuable. I saw a consultant on Monday and I'm sure that if I was either suspected of or tested positive they would want to trace back to him and any other medical staff I had interacted with (such as the guy who took an x-ray of my jaw and had to get close up to my face to set it up properly)
    Hope you getting bettter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Gynoid wrote: »
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.20047365v1

Pre review paper from researchers in Shanghai.
    Studied 175 people who recovered from Covid. From the mild cohort.
    Found 30% had very low antibodies. 10% almost none. Antibodies less in younger. Increase in older people. May have significance for vaccine and herd immunity ideas. Needs further research. A lot.

interesting. i'm no immunologist but it sounds like you would expect. the people who needed antibodies the most made the most (older people). the virus even though mild in all these cases most likely required more antibodies in the older people. i'm pretty sure antibodies are ramped up when the invader appears once your body has learned how to make them, so i don't think this is too much to worry about.

just my thrupence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

polesheep wrote: »
    They have never hidden the fact that they have avoided paying tax in Ireland.

And you're such a beacon of altruism, that you wouldn't avoid paying more than you had to?
    Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Azatadine

owlbethere wrote: »
    George Lee was on the news there. Talking about the European disease council or whatever it's called.

Georges words were something like there's no peak yet, of restrictions are relaxed, community transmission will rise to serious levels. He went on and on.

This virus is going to sh1t on our summer. There won't be a pub or beer garden open in sight. Fcuk sake.

What did china unleash on the world. All because they couldn't stop eating bat and drinking rat piss.

Other restrictions will ease but I don't think pubs will open again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

threeball wrote: »
    I see U2 donated €10m for PPE. They (particulary Bono) got alot of jibes earlier in the thread, I hope the same lads will be as quick to come out and say fair play. Thats a significant donation regardless of their wealth.
    We shouldn't have a accepted anything from that tool.
    Where does he pay his taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Azatadine wrote: »
    Other restrictions will ease but I don't think pubs will open again this year.

I'm on the pessimistic side of things when it comes to when the restrictions will be lifted, but I don't think the pubs will stay closed for that long. My guess for what it is worth is July/August, possibly with limitations on numbers per sq m.

Tea Shock wrote: »
    Get off the stage!

You don't know what personal tax the U2 members pay in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Am I being simple in my thinking but if everybody wore face masks, can the virus die off?

That's a bit simplistic tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,329 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Yes, you are. Not that simple unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

owlbethere wrote: »

I'm still hearing people say stuff like "I've rearranged my Portuguese holiday to August from June". Utter delusion.

The penny still hasn't dropped with many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Edgy, but more importantly, very very original.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I'm on the pessimistic side of things when it comes to when the restrictions will be lifted, but I don't think the pubs will stay closed for that long. My guess for what it is worth is July/August, possibly with limitations on numbers per sq m.

I'm going late May/early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I believe this,is called flattening the curve??

Exactly yet people still talking about peaking (not Peking)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Really? A shortage of PPE and you want to tell them to fcuk with their donation. It's probably not you who needs to wear the PPE anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭threeball

Where hes resident i presume. Thats his choice. €10m is a serious donation regardless what you think of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Never have I wanted the weather to turn absolutely brutal for an extended period as much as I do now. Just got sent a picture of the local park at around 3pm today stuffed with people playing sports, picnics etc... This is an upper middle class area btw. Very deflating

5 weekends in a row with had storms, and now hardly a drop of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/sportsdes/status/1247958225976164352

What the hell is wrong with people???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Maybe but social distancing will have to be maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Gintonious wrote: »

Self entitled and selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If I could reduce your tax intake to nil, would you tell me to F off, or ask for my help?

haters gonna hate

I hope the gaurds keep them out all night and delay them for hours before turning em back

Really? A shortage of PPE and you want to tell them to fcuk with their donation. It's probably not you who needs to wear the PPE anyway.
    If pricks like him paid their income tax here like the rest of us we would have a better health service!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Gardai caused this tailback, according to yer man on the news. Closed all bar one lane on the road, funnelled 3 lanes into one. What's that about, looking for clicks on the twitter or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

by the way i think a lot of the car queues people are posting on twitter are mostly down to all the garda checkpoints. that was certainly the case where i live. there's still a reasonable amount of regular traffic for shopping and essential work and a checkpoint stopping every car won't be long causing pileups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

BanditLuke wrote: »
    I'm still hearing people say stuff like "I've rearranged my Portuguese holiday to August from June". Utter delusion.

The penny still hasn't dropped with many.
    Did they mention which year?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Gardai caused this tailback, according to yer man on the news. Closed all bar one lane on the road, funnelled 3 lanes into one. What's that about, looking for clicks on the twitter or what?

I imagine it’s more a case of the Gardai seeing how many cars were on the road and had to close the lanes in order to get control and stop people. There shouldn’t be enough people on the roads to cause that kind of tailback even with a checkpoint. We are talking about national roads here, not the local road. National roads shouldn’t be needed to pick up a few bits of shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Gardai caused it? If these people stayed at home there would be no tailback!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement