Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

owlbethere wrote: »

This virus is going to sh1t on our summer. There won't be a pub or beer garden open in sight. Fcuk sake.

Good to see you can prioritise what's best for the people of this country.

Sad days if the summer is measured by time in a pub or beer garden. Maybe spend some quality time with your parents or grandparents this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

threeball wrote: »
    Where hes resident i presume. Thats his choice. €10m is a serious donation regardless what you think of them.
    10m is a drop in the ocean compared to the tax he should have paid here, I wouldn't even count him as being Irish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

If pricks like him paid their income tax here like the rest of us we would have a better health service!

I highly doubt we would have a better health service.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If I could reduce your tax intake to nil, would you tell me to F off, or ask for my help?

haters gonna hate
    f off

Mod

Banned

Ace2007 wrote: »
    5 weekends in a row with had storms, and now hardly a drop of rain.

It will probably be our best summer as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭omicron

I hope the gaurds keep them out all night and delay them for hours before turning em back

Some people need to use the roads. I'm a vet and was on the way to calve a cow this afternoon, got stuck at a checkpoint on a main road for 32 minutes, calf was alive when I arrived, took less than 10 minutes to get him out and was dead by then. Choking infrastructure isn't the way to deal with this situation. The road I was on was a dual carriageway with no hard shoulder, if there was an ambulance trying to get through they would have had the same issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

We shouldn't have a accepted anything from that tool.
    Where does he pay his taxes
    Say that to a healthcare worker and see what reaction you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm going late May/early June.

I think that too, but as I said, I am pessimistic, so I had to change it to July/Aug :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Gardai caused this tailback, according to yer man on the news. Closed all bar one lane on the road, funnelled 3 lanes into one. What's that about, looking for clicks on the twitter or what?

What's that about? They have always conducted a checkpoint like that. If they're was no one travelling (like everyone was told) there would be no tail backs.

Our country is full of the most selfish clowns.

I highly doubt we would have a better health service.
    It would be the opposite of whatever you think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Gardai caused this tailback, according to yer man on the news. Closed all bar one lane on the road, funnelled 3 lanes into one. What's that about, looking for clicks on the twitter or what?

Traffic is up 1,000 cars per hour on that road in the last 2 days, most likely with selfish ***** off to their holiday homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

And you're such a beacon of altruism, that you wouldn't avoid paying more than you had to?
    Get over it.

It may seem weird to you, but I am happy to pay my taxes. And it's good to know that, right now, they are being spent on keeping people alive in our hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If pricks like him paid their income tax here like the rest of us we would have a better health service!
    Lmfao at you.

You don't know if he does or doesn't pay tax here. I'm sure even if he is resident in a tax haven he still pays a hell of a lot more tax than you in this state on his business interests here which are quite large.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm on the pessimistic side of things when it comes to when the restrictions will be lifted, but I don't think the pubs will stay closed for that long. My guess for what it is worth is July/August, possibly with limitations on numbers per sq m.
    Azatadine wrote: »
    Maybe but social distancing will have to be maintained.

Yep, agreed, that's what I meant by the limitations on numbers per sq m. There's no way they will be able to facilitate packed pubs in Temple Bar type situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

omicron wrote: »
    Some people need to use the roads. I'm a vet and was on the way to calve a cow this afternoon, got stuck at a checkpoint on a main road for 32 minutes, calf was alive when I arrived, took less than 10 minutes to get him out and was dead by then. Choking infrastructure isn't the way to deal with this situation. The road I was on was a dual carriageway with no hard shoulder, if there was an ambulance trying to get through they would have had the same issue.

Of course some people do, but blame the people who shouldn’t be on the roads at all, not the Gardai who have to do their best to show them a lesson and deter them from going out for unnecessary trips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

My sister is a doctor working in Vincent's. Has the cheek to live is greystones. Had to sit in traffic for an hour after shift. Them people on here saying they hope the guards make them sit there for hours.

Lots of that traffic looked like vans and trucks to me. I'm sure doing essential deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

10m is a drop in the ocean compared to the tax he should have paid here, I wouldn't even count him as being Irish

Look , get over your pride, they have made the donation with or without you r approval .

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

I have done too much **** talking about where I work in past threads to say where but I work in a popular tourism site that has been quiet for about a week. Today though.... I see a spike in people coming here, a very noticeable spike, with no social distancing. Gardai getting a lot of abuse at checkpoints. My observations are it is mainly city folk of the family yuppie type orientation. FML I am working this weekend and stressing already.

It would be the opposite of whatever you think!

Nice how you're blaming U2 for having a sh!t health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

You hit the nail on the head with the first word, I would hazard a guess that a big % of people on the roads weren't on essential travel. How do you stop it without checkpoints?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/sportsdes/status/1247958225976164352

What the hell is wrong with people???
    They're selfish pr1cks who only think of themselves. Whether it's Wexford, Kerry, Clare or wherever, I don't think they realise how hostile a reception they're going to get off the locals and local gardai will be only too happy to stick the boot in.

deaglan1 wrote: »
    Deaths per 1 M pop. within Europe Only & excluding microstates. Note especially Slovakia - similar size and similar population to Ireland
    Deaths-per-1-M-population.png

Countries are at different stages, countries have different reporting method and some countries are just more isolated. The true comparison won’t be possible until this is completed. On the masks, it is increasingly obvious the advice on wearing mask up to now was to ensure supply was maintained . If in February governments and who recommended wearing masks hospitals and the general public would have ran out. Now the manufacturing in China is back up this is no longer an issue, therefore advice is starting to change

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

My sister is a doctor working in Vincent's. Has the cheek to live is greystones. Had to sit in traffic for an hour after shift. Them people on here saying they hope the guards make them sit there for hours.

Lots of that traffic looked like vans and trucks to me. I'm sure doing essential deliveries.

Look at the video posted that we were talking about. Cars. Cars. More Cars.

Really? A shortage of PPE and you want to tell them to fcuk with their donation. It's probably not you who needs to wear the PPE anyway.

Any shortage of PPE has nothing to do with money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

polesheep wrote: »
    Is it ok if I don't pay tax next year and instead make a charitable donation of my own choosing to whatever charity I see fit? Would you be ok with that? It's just that I need to let my accountant know in good time.

U2 pay the tax that they are required to pay. Nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

My guess is things will slowly start to open up after the Tuesday after the May bank hol weekend , first the non essential businesses and by mid June everything will be back open

Social distancing will remain for a long time after this

The scariest part is a lot of people will lose the I don’t want to get covid 19 to feck it if I get it I get it

We need to get Catherine motherway to keep pounding this message home of how serious it is

With all English Reg cars coming into Wexford and Waterford and likes for weekend. Say things might be about get worse them better yet.

Are people seriously coming in on ferries? March to the boat a la lands downs road 1995 in order I think

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lmfao at you.

You don't know if he does or doesn't pay tax here. I'm sure even if he is resident in a tax haven he still pays a hell of a lot more tax than you in this state on his business interests here which are quite large.
    Lmfao
    It's ok as long as toolbox bono is paying more tax than the average person, open your tiny mind man

I hope the gaurds keep them out all night and delay them for hours before turning em back

What if some of them are nurses or doctors?

• Advertisement

easypazz wrote: »
    U2 pay the tax that they are required to pay. Nothing wrong with that.
    where?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement