Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I used to not like her, Winkleman I mean.

But she's grown on me. Not in the 'secret crush way', but I can tolerate her.

The idea of reading messages where people hate you is kind of clever. Because many others wouldn't do it because 'it would affect their brand'. (Imagine Vogue doing the same thing for that 'Liquitabs' advert).

Let not give these ad execs too much credit. The idea is robbed from Jimmy Kimmels 'mean tweets'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Let not give these ad execs too much credit. The idea is robbed from Jimmy Kimmels 'mean tweets'

Meh, Jimmy Kimmel took it from youtube-he's not original.

But like I said, a lot of people wouldn't do those kinds of adverts. (Vogue for example, said she developed 'anxiety' because of social media. It's all about protecting their brand).

But I have found Winkleman interesting on other shows- just not Strictly. I hate that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I had always presumed the Winkleman tweets weren't real and that ad execs just set up the accounts and tweets for the purpose of the ad. Maybe they are real but would have thought that might be a bit dodge in case those who wrote them get doxxed thus leaving the ad company liable to legal action and exposing Head and Shoulders to negative publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Tiktok ad with the horrendous remix of Mr Sandman, it is painful.

The Voxi ad 'I am a romantic', 'I am a star baker', 'I am an international DJ'. No, you are a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Both

The one where that toss pot Chris O'Dowd is going on about being up to his neck "in excrement and urine" I'm guessing he's talking about a baby but I couldn't care less. You're not that interesting and you're certainly not funny Mr O'Dowd.

• Advertisement

The advert for lycamobile just popped up on the tv... JEsus, it's woeful.

I can't believe they have resurrected that horrible old 'Whassap!' ad for Budweiser.
    It looks like it was filmed on a potato and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I can't believe they have resurrected that horrible old 'Whassap!' ad for Budweiser.
    It looks like it was filmed on a potato and all.
    Bud-weis-er was my favourite one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    Perf with surf :rolleyes:

Her English school teachers must be shuddering.

To thine own self be true

Her English school teachers must be shuddering.

The English language shudders every time she says a word.

Who knew Danny Dyer's daughter wouldn't be too bright? (Everyone, is the answer).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

This goes against the whole ethos of the thread, and I might ruffle a few feathers, but I do not despise the new Three advert with the granddad searching for the monster under the bed.

In saying that, given Irish TV has a habit of repeating the sames ads constantly for months on end that may well change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Radio5

The constant ads for Red Rock and that screechy version of Everybody wants to rule the world- it's like nails on a blackboard at this stage...

Radio5 wrote: »
    The constant ads for Red Rock and that screechy version of Everybody wants to rule the world- it's like nails on a blackboard at this stage...
    The misery-covers of popular songs for ads has really gone far enough now.
    Next thing you know they will miserify Agadoo, The Hokey Cokey and Shaddup You Face etc. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

not sure is this an English only advert or not , but anytime i am bannished to the doggy box in the spare room i always encounter this ....the most rubbish of tv adverts ...ever :mad:

anyone know what a juniper guy is ??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

RTE orchestra lockdown one with indistinct singing/caterwauling.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

The An Post ad with the red haired woman going around picking up people’s wallets and cutting bills while this awful awful song is played. Really irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Saw it on tv the other day at 5pm. I pity the mothers out there whose young daughters see it and are asking them what it is that girls have to get up there and where there is. Awkward.

its awkward for everyone - surely it should be post-watershed only ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Jaysus the feckin face that one makes while singing you'd love to give her a boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

not sure is this an English only advert or not , but anytime i am bannished to the doggy box in the spare room i always encounter this ....the most rubbish of tv adverts ...ever :mad:

anyone know what a juniper guy is ??? :rolleyes:

I like the stop motion animation, you hardly ever see that in ads now. The jokes in it aren't quite as funny as the makers think but Its not the worst.

I like the stop motion animation, you hardly ever see that in ads now. The jokes in it aren't quite as funny as the makers think but Its not the worst.

The only one that falls flat, imo is the 'we keep the good gin, throw out the rest'... I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It's a well produced ad. The gin one.

The ad for tampons has been running on English stations for a while, I am fairly certain its on after the watershed 9pm onward, could be wrong.

Some of the twitter stuff on "I was too embarrassed to talk" or "I never knew, but if that ad had been around". Don't girls talk about everything (I know a sterotype) and surely there are instruction in the packet right?

Oh and its a really bad ad for all the other reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah I saw that one and you dont have a clue what she is actually singing about. Open your mouth instead of mumbling ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Just seen one for Virgin Media, a bunch of young kids singing Starships Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now. Annoying get doesn't even begin to describe it.

Just seen one for Virgin Media, a bunch of young kids singing Starships Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now. Annoying get doesn't even begin to describe it.

Could be worse-could be singing 'We built this city'...

Elmo wrote: »
    It's a well produced ad. The gin one.

The ad for tampons has been running on English stations for a while, I am fairly certain its on after the watershed 9pm onward, could be wrong.

Some of the twitter stuff on "I was too embarrassed to talk" or "I never knew, but if that ad had been around". Don't girls talk about everything (I know a sterotype) and surely there are instruction in the packet right?

Oh and its a really bad ad for all the other reasons.

It's like an unfunny Wallace & Gromit. If they only spent as much on the writing.

On the tampons, they can set up a Twitter account with their mini computer in their hand, filled with millions "how to" videos, forums where you can remain anonymous and even armed with directions on a packet, still don't get it??

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah I saw that one and you dont have a clue what she is actually singing about. Open your mouth instead of mumbling ffs

Could be anything, Irish, Swahili, Serbo-Croat, no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The "This is Us" An Post ad.

Particularly the bit with the young lad going "saying yes to rules and following them".

Stop will ya-Ireland is generally the most compliant, least rebellious country when it comes to doing what we are told.

Nonsense.

The Chill ad with Jen Z being a total bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

The Chill ad with Jen Z being a total bitch.

It comes very naturally to her. Those ads disappeared after the Nov 2018 car crash LLS Peter Casey interview, where she tried to stitch him up and it backfired. I was impressed with Chill for dropping her at the time, but now she's back, **** them.

She has Anthrax flowing in her veins.

• Advertisement

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    It comes very naturally to her. Those ads disappeared after the Nov 2018 car crash LLS Peter Casey interview, where she tried to stitch him up and it backfired. I was impressed with Chill for dropping her at the time, but now she's back, **** them.

She has Anthrax flowing in her veins.

Chill insurance never seem to make good adverts. Even before they got her to be involved.

Advertisement