Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

KCross wrote: »
    I’m not quite getting your issue?

It is normal for the 3 lights to flash in sequence when connecting and also normal to hear some beeps and clunks from the charger actuator but once that is done (<10s) it should all go quiet from there until the timer kicks in.

The beeps keep going for me, I went inside and could hear double beeps with clunking a couple minutes after I had set the Timer. I guessed there'd be some beeps and noise for a minute or so after but for me it was going on longer, intermittently. Easiest thing to do is get another cable and check does that make a difference but it seems to charge normally with no issue, just the charging Timer is causing a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Text of the article is fully available in the source of the page randomly!

LONDON -- Nissan has pushed back against reports that it plans to reduce operations in Europe to focus on SUVs as part of a global turnaround plan.

Nissan will rely on its two best-selling SUVs, the Qashqai and Juke, to maintain a presence in Europe while selling its factory in Barcelona, Spain, according to sources.

In a statement to Automotive News Europe, Nissan said it "remains fully committed to strengthening our product lineup in Europe as part of our ongoing efforts to make the business more competitive."

The launch of the new-generation Juke small SUV in November was the first step in renewing its European passenger car lineup, Nissan said.

Europe was Nissan's worst performing region financially in the nine months to the end of December, when it lost the equivalent of 222 million euros, company records show. The company has only had one profitable year in its European region, which includes Russia, since 2012.

Nissan's sales in Europe are heavily dependent on the Qashqai and Juke, both of which are built in its factory in Sunderland, England, the UK's biggest car plant.

The Qashqai is its European best-seller, with sales of 42,590 in the first three months, down 31 percent, according to JATO Dynamics market researchers. Juke sales dropped 19 percent to 15,025. Nissan's total European sales fell 26 percent to 86,205 through March.

Nissan unveiled a new stamping line at the Sunderland plant in March in preparation for production of the third-generation Qashqai.

The new Qashqai is expected to arrive in 2021 and will be available with hybrid and plug-in hybrid versions, sources have said.

Sunderland built 325,243 cars in the financial year to the end of March, down 22 percent, company figures show.

Reports last year said Nissan was exploring the sale of its plants in Sunderland and Barcelona, with the Barcelona plant most at risk.

Production at the Barcelona plant fell 38 percent in the financial year to the end of March to 55,022 vehicles after it lost the Pulsar compact car in 2018 and the combustion engine version of the NV200 van in 2019.

The plant will also lose the Mercedes X-Class pickup based on the Nissan Navara. It also builds the slow-selling Renault Alaskan pickup.

Nissan Europe is expected to rely more heavily on models built in Japan in the future. It will import the new X-Trail to Europe from Japan this year after dropping plans to build the midsize SUV in Sunderland,

Exports of Nissan cars to Europe from Japan grew 32 percent to 37,101 in the 12 months to the end of March, Nissan figures show. The EU and Japan are phasing out auto tariffs as part of a free-trade deal.

Nissan is expected to announce its restructuring plan on May 28. Its strategy will be to free resources from underperforming businesses so Nissan can eventually channel more resources into the U.S., Chinese and Japanese markets, sources told Automotive News, a sister publication of Automotive News Europe.

the Barcelona plant is gone, Sunderland id say be next shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

steves2 wrote: »
    The beeps keep going for me, I went inside and could hear double beeps with clunking a couple minutes after I had set the Timer. I guessed there'd be some beeps and noise for a minute or so after but for me it was going on longer, intermittently. Easiest thing to do is get another cable and check does that make a difference but it seems to charge normally with no issue, just the charging Timer is causing a problem.

Something wrong there so.
    Could be a bad connection causing it to reset the charge session and go through the cycle multiple times.

Possibly a bad connection, bad cable, dirt on the connectors etc.

It should not beep beyond you walking away from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Are you sure the cable is pushed in fully to the charge port?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal

What charger are you using? I think I had some similar issue with a Zappi where I had to change a setting in the Charger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

whats the most optimium speed to drive a Leaf 2017 3oKW acenta? Some on M1 and highways/ country roads. THanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

120km/h on the motorway, otherwise 100km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    whats the most optimium speed to drive a Leaf 2017 3oKW acenta?
    ELM327 wrote: »
    120km/h on the motorway, otherwise 100km/h.

:D.

120km/h on a motorway into a 20km/h headwind in winter, with the heating on, probably wipers too, on a wet day, wouldn't get you too far in an old 30kWh Leaf.
    In that instance, 120km/h might not be "optimum" :).

Although 120 indicated is about 113 in the real world. Be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭McGiver

Kramer wrote: »
    :D.

120km/h on a motorway into a 20km/h headwind in winter, with the heating on, probably wipers too, on a wet day, wouldn't get you too far in an old 30kWh Leaf.
    In that instance, 120km/h might not be "optimum" :).
    I remember someone did tests and the optimum speed for L24/30 was 90 km/h if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement

Thanks I seem to be getting better range cruising around the 100km mark ok.

Thanks I seem to be getting better range cruising around the 100km mark ok.
    Is that 100km/h indicated? because if so, in the real world thats 91-93km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

ELM327 wrote: »
    Is that 100km/h indicated? because if so, in the real world thats 91-93km/h

You absolutely sure about that? So 107 ish on speedo be 100 realworld?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Firblog wrote: »
    You absolutely sure about that? So 107 ish on speedo be 100 realworld?

I'd say 107 on the speedo would be a good bit lower than 100 in the real world.

unkel wrote: »
    I'd say 107 on the speedo would be a good bit lower than 100 in the real world.

No, that’s exactly what it is.

I always thought the difference was more. Not sure where I got that from. Maybe from the scores of Leafs driving on motorways at well under 90km/h. Maybe I just presumed they thought they were doing 100?

Would be good if we could kill this once and for all, I'm sure I would remember if we did :p

Any conclusive links / proof about indicated vs actual speed in the Nissan Leaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

I am beginning to wonder if we are all living on the same planet or are some living on an alternate world?

Maybe you meant to post that in the philosophy forum, RichieO? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭creedp

I always thought the difference was more. Not sure where I got that from. Maybe from the scores of Leafs driving on motorways at well under 90km/h. Maybe I just presumed they thought they were doing 100?

Would be good if we could kill this once and for all, I'm sure I would remember if we did :p

Any conclusive links / proof about indicated vs actual speed in the Nissan Leaf?

My phone gps indicates 100kmph when L30 is indicating 111kmph

creedp wrote: »
    My phone gps indicates 100kmph when L30 is indicating 111kmph

108=100 for me on L24

Maybe tyre size makes a difference too but generally the forum owners agree on 108ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi. I need to get tyres for my 151sv leaf. Any recommendations please?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal

loopymum wrote: »
    Hi. I need to get tyres for my 151sv leaf. Any recommendations please?

I put Uniroyal rainsports on mine. (L30) 17".

17 leaf aventa. Charging options show 3kw and 6kw on dash. Though when I charge it from a newly installed zapp9 it just goes to 4.4kw when charging according to the zappi. Though my mates vw goes to 7.4kw when charging? Any ideas why its not going to the full 6kw? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

In my old L40 107 on the speedo got me 100 GPS indicated speed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

17 leaf aventa. Charging options show 3kw and 6kw on dash. Though when I charge it from a newly installed zapp9 it just goes to 4.4kw when charging according to the zappi. Though my mates vw goes to 7.4kw when charging? Any ideas why its not going to the full 6kw? Thanks

Start with the basics...
    Have you a 32amp charging cable?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Would anybody have any real world experience of driving an L24 from Dublin to Letterkenny or reverse?

Fast charge points appear to be:
    • Lusk Applegreen
    • Castlebellingham Applegreen
    • Monaghan Cricle K
    • Mellon Country Hotel
    • Dalys Circle K Strabane
    • Tobin's Circle K

Kind of info I'm interested in:
    How long did it take overall?
    The longer stretches likes Castlebellingham to Monaghan? Seems to be about 60km but if operating on 80% 112-115km range on motorway
    Did you operate a max speed to conserve even on motorway e.g 90km/hr?
    Did you have to use slow chargers at any point?

Thank you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Have you tried abetterrouteplanner website, you can custom it to the Nth level for your car/conditions etc.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Zamboni wrote: »
    Would anybody have any real world experience of driving an L24 from Dublin to Letterkenny or reverse?

Fast charge points appear to be:
    • Lusk Applegreen
    • Castlebellingham Applegreen
    • Monaghan Cricle K
    • Mellon Country Hotel
    • Dalys Circle K Strabane
    • Tobin's Circle K

Kind of info I'm interested in:
    How long did it take overall?
    The longer stretches likes Castlebellingham to Monaghan? Seems to be about 60km but if operating on 80% 112-115km range on motorway
    Did you operate a max speed to conserve even on motorway e.g 90km/hr?
    Did you have to use slow chargers at any point?

Thank you

Many times, with the grey hairs to prove it.

My first week of L24 ownership I drove from Bridgend to Cork. Never did it again mind you. But I've done the Dublin return many times.

I used to stop at the Mellon for a top up, maybe 15 minutes. Then Monaghan for to 80% if I was going to Castlebellingham, or to 95% (assuming that nobody was waiting) if I wanted to chance it to Lusk. If I went to Castlebellingham and charged to 80-85% then I'd either horse it and stop for another top up at Lusk, or crawl all the way to Dublin. You can guess what I usually chose.

Getting to 80% at Lusk was enough to head on into Dublin comfortably.

On the way home, similar iirc. Lusk for a short boost, then Castlebellingham at speed or Monaghan at a crawl. Top up again at Omagh and on home.

God I don't miss the L24...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Many times, with the grey hairs to prove it.

My first week of L24 ownership I drove from Bridgend to Cork. Never did it again mind you. But I've done the Dublin return many times.

I used to stop at the Mellon for a top up, maybe 15 minutes. Then Monaghan for to 80% if I was going to Castlebellingham, or to 95% (assuming that nobody was waiting) if I wanted to chance it to Lusk. If I went to Castlebellingham and charged to 80-85% then I'd either horse it and stop for another top up at Lusk, or crawl all the way to Dublin. You can guess what I usually chose.

Getting to 80% at Lusk was enough to head on into Dublin comfortably.

On the way home, similar iirc. Lusk for a short boost, then Castlebellingham at speed or Monaghan at a crawl. Top up again at Omagh and on home.

God I don't miss the L24...

:D
    Roughly how long did it take?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Zamboni wrote: »
    :D
    Roughly how long did it take?

He will reply back now shortly. He’s still on the last leg of that journey :D

Advertisement