Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,867 ✭✭✭✭unkel

"Needs" just for you to keep your Hyundai warranty.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

bootser wrote: »
    Hi All, I only have my Ioniq a couple of weeks but I see by the windscreen sticker that its due a VHC at 130000Kms which will be in a couple more weeks! For a VHC I'm just expecting to have the car looked at for warranty purpose, is this right?(I'll be using Navan Hyundai if anyone is familiar with them?) TIA

VHC is likely just part of the required services as unkel says every 15k km. Not sure if all Ioniqs are like that, or are Hybrids/PHEV different. We're assuming you have a full electric one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bootser

VHC is likely just part of the required services as unkel says every 15k km. Not sure if all Ioniqs are like that, or are Hybrids/PHEV different. We're assuming you have a full electric one here.

Yep, full electric!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

TZWVvWp.jpg

Tidied it up a little on Sunday & a quick post to let anyone know, who might miss out on the for sale sticky, that it's available & near enough Dublin for anyone interested. I guess 20 minutes from the M50?

Details updated in the original thread here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113752908&postcount=779

Mrs. Kramer is actually missing it already :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Can anyone confirm the latest maps and software version? Took my replacement Ioniq for the first service under my ownership and when booking it requested they update the maps, software and fix the charging door that won't open unless you wedge something in it. Pretty sure they've not done the maps or software, also said they had made an adjustment to fix the charging door (they didn't), and didn't even give the car a wipe over! While a €95 seems cheap, it doesn't if they haven't done anything! I had to go back to them with the service book as they hadn't even stamped that!

• Advertisement

baldshin wrote: »
    didn't even give the car a wipe over! While a €95 seems cheap, it doesn't if they haven't done anything!

Did they top up the washer fluid though? :D.

Dealerships now have prominent "dashcam" policies in their service areas, GDPR for employees etc. mean strictly no recordings.
    Handy, that :cool:.

I can't check our Ioniq at present for map details though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭eagerv

Can anyone confirm the latest maps and software version? Took my replacement Ioniq for the first service under my ownership and when booking it requested they update the maps, software and fix the charging door that won't open unless you wedge something in it. Pretty sure they've not done the maps or software, also said they had made an adjustment to fix the charging door (they didn't), and didn't even give the car a wipe over! While a €95 seems cheap, it doesn't if they haven't done anything! I had to go back to them with the service book as they hadn't even stamped that!

I am at work at moment and dont have car with me. If you check back this thread around end Feb early march when we bought our car someone kindly posted latest updates. I posted pic of our screen. On phone now si not easy to check...

Kramer wrote: »
    Did they top up the washer fluid though? :D.

Dealerships now have prominent "dashcam" policies in their service areas, GDPR for employees etc. mean strictly no recordings.
    Handy, that :cool:.

I can't check our Ioniq at present for map details though.

WELL!.....This is how little attention was paid to the car....my dashcam was on the entire time! They took it for a 6km spin to their main dealer and back, opened the bonnet for about 90 seconds, and that was that it seems, or at least that's all it captured.

WELL!.....This is how little attention was paid to the car....my dashcam was on the entire time!

My dashcams enter parking mode when the car is switched off & timelapse record or record 30 second clips if movement or vibration is detected.
    Similar to yourself, the stuff I've captured is disconcerting - bonnet up for seconds etc.

I actually just reviewed footage earlier from an encounter in a reputable main dealership earlier this week (not Hyundai) & I need a Zanax now :D.

I may have a picture of my last update - I'll dig through my gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Here’s my latest version . Updated when dealer reopened post Covid. Good maps update in particular imo.

• Advertisement

TOLLOT wrote: »
    Here’s my latest version . Updated when dealer reopened post Covid. Good maps update in particular imo.

Thank you, as suspected, lying through their teeth telling me they'd updated it. Even though I gave them 3 weeks notice to have it downloaded. When I go back to get the charger door sorted, am I within my rights under the warranty to demand it be updated this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Thank you, as suspected, lying through their teeth telling me they'd updated it. Even though I gave them 3 weeks notice to have it downloaded. When I go back to get the charger door sorted, am I within my rights under the warranty to demand it be updated this time?

Absolutely, yes!

Just for anyone interested... Hyundai/Kia update their software and maps at the start of each year. They issue around the start of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

TOLLOT wrote: »

Just wondering where you got your Ioniq serviced? Looking for a garage that actually knows how to service EVs properly! PM if you prefer. Thanks.

I would play it the smart way. Find out what issues wer fixed in the very latest version of the firmware. Then tell your dealer your car intermittently suffers from one of those issues (tell them specifically what issue) and that that particular version of the software (name the version to them in an email or on a piece of paper) resolves it

The only option for the dealer then is to apply that firmware. Under warranty. Free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Shouldn't need to be a "i would play this the smart way" situation though.

The dealers should be doing these without hassle :(

Agreed and most do them without hassle. I have been very specific in the past though, telling them that when I come pick up the car, I will expect a certain version of the firmware to be on it and that I will check before I leave. What else can they do then but to apply it? :D But I believe Hyundai policy is to only update firmware and maps as part of your (annual) service. Which is reasonable and they kind of don't charge for it

If you want a software update during the year for free, I would play it in above way if you want it done without much chance of a protest from the dealer

Service complete, new firmware/maps etc below. Had a bit of back and forth to agree that the €140 service included brake fluid, but i've been told it was done.

Firmware/Maps versions (EDIT: I ORIGINALLY POSTED MY VERSIONS PRIOR TO THE UPDATE):
    image.png

Maps look well, not that I use them much - nav menu brings you quickly to a few preset locations as well as other nav options. Prefer google maps via android auto:
    image.png

Only horror when I had a quick skim through the dashcam was they used a brush when washing the car (didn't need a wash anyways, but it'd be right get a polish now :mad: )

Now to source some tyres.

Thinking some Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 2 tyres. €65 a corner, and €25 each to put them on.

vs. about €80 for some "General" brand tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

That doesnt look like latest software. Thats the 2018 version of the software. There is a Oct 2019 version available.

KCross wrote: »
    That doesnt look like latest software. Thats the 2018 version of the software. There is a Oct 2019 version available.

You're too right. That's my before pic :facepalm:

I've updated my post now. The "Update:" date in the top right is nice. Makes it nice and obvious how up to date things are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi all, I need your assistance. Am at charger in Balindine, car will not take charge, tried AC, DC and granny, at multiple locations. Am getting check electric vehical system error and 3 flashing blue lights. AA on the way. Will be requesting that they disconnect the 12 v battery for reset. Any other ideas?

Just an update on this...AA towed car to Hyundai Castlebar. The locking mechanism for the charger was failing. They ordered and fitted a replacement. I picked it up today.
    Team in Castlebar were great, very professional, gois communication and had my car fully charged for pickup. No costs involved.

Just an update on this...AA towed car to Hyundai Castlebar. The locking mechanism for the charger was failing. They ordered and fitted a replacement. I picked it up today.
    Team in Castlebar were great, very professional, gois communication and had my car fully charged for pickup. No costs involved.

Frustrating that the reason it wouldn't charge had nothing to do with energy transfer. Probably a safety thing though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭zg3409

This is a known issue and a recall on certain years/build ranges. There is a 'bolt' that locks the charging cable plug in place and if this does not lock in place car will not start to charge. Mine was replaced under warranty supposedly but I have no proof. I emailed Hyundai Ireland my vin and a few recalls were completed. I suggest you do the same to be sure and everyone else on here.

See attached pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

Black Knight Dunlop sport blu response from openeo 62euro a corner.
    Excellent grip wet/dry
    Very quiet
    Range possibly very marginally improved over the previous sh1@e the car was wearing

zg3409 wrote: »
    This is a known issue and a recall on certain years/build ranges.

Sure is. Mine was replaced during my second service early last year (along with the inspection of the ECU). But surely irishgrover's one was done too? If not, it should have been done and questions need to be asked why it wasn't.

adunis wrote: »
    Black Knight Dunlop sport blu response from openeo 62euro a corner.
    Excellent grip wet/dry
    Very quiet
    Range possibly very marginally improved over the previous sh1@e the car was wearing

I doubt it dude :p

You can't have better grip and better range. I was happy to give up range for better grip in the wet.

unkel wrote: »
    I doubt it dude :p

You can't have better grip and better range. I was happy to give up range for better grip in the wet.

You don't know the sh1t that was on it previously UNKEL,.........
    Firemax 611 or something frighteningly bad,
    Range improvement as I suggested is subjective and marginal at best,it for sure ain't worse

adunis wrote: »
    You don't know the sh1t that was on it previously UNKEL,.........
    Firemax 611 or something frighteningly bad,
    Range improvement as I suggested is subjective and marginal at best,it for sure ain't worse

To be fair, you don't know either. They're Yokohama bluEarth-es es32. The rating they get suggests the Goodyear tires will be more efficient, better grip, but marginally louder.

Any review or rating I see suggests the Goodyear ones. For 3 euro in the difference, I'll take it.

I was comparing the Dunlop's to the firemax "tires" that were on my car.
    I fully endorse the Goodyear's missed the price bit they were my first choice initially when I was shopping but were 80 plus at the time,the first time I've strayed from hankooks in God knows how long.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭eagerv

Finally got our Ioniqs' software updated yeasterday to the latest. And the few warranty items finally fixed. Satnav now has a different look, haven't yet had a chance to see what differences there are.

Just a quick question re schedule charging.. We now have night rate electricity for our home charging so are telling the car only to charge from say 0500hrs until 0700hrs, or whatever gives us about 80% which is all we generally need for a few days use at the moment. If it was winter and we needed to pre heat the car and leave at say 0900hrs (Outside our schedule charging time) would the car heat up for us when plugged in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement