Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Lasagne for dinner, Baileys cheesecake and a glass of Baileys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Had lamb shanks with garlic cheese potatoes and garden peas, drowned in a tasty jus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

branie2 wrote: »
    Lasagne for dinner, Baileys cheesecake and a glass of Baileys

Was only talking about Baileys cheesecake today, it's been a long time and that needs to be rectified.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

No eggs today and gravy instead of curry.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Spaghetti bolognese for dinner, as we had my niece and nephew over. My parents, who are the grandparents were looking after them for a while.

• Advertisement

The long term absence of Bailey's cheesecake from the home menu has been duly addressed.

This bad boy complete with grated sea salted dark chocolate is resting in the fridge for when we return from our meal out this evening.

Had battered cod taco with avocado and salad and fries and the first pint of Guinness in four and a half months.

Back home now for the dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Had battered cod taco with avocado and salad and fries and the first pint of Guinness in four and a half months.

Back home now for the dessert.

My missus spotted the Cheesecake pic on my laptop RG. She wants to know where it came from? If its homemade you can feck right off.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My missus spotted the Cheesecake pic on my laptop RG. She wants to know where it came from? If its homemade you can feck right off.:D

Made this morning by my own fair hands Grandeeod, no cooking involved.

Here's where I got the recipe from if you want to impress her...
    https://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Irish-cream-cheesecake.html

Goodman. I have everything bar the Baileys, double cream and Philli. Easy to pick up.

I'm supping Wednesday night beers. Felt like a restaurant chef tonight in a very empty restaurant with social distancing.:D As usual I doubled tasked in the kitchen. I do it over lots of evenings anyway. Tonight's menu was easy enough. I bought a locally made Lasagne and reportioned it into two halves. Foil tubs and lids. I had butcher cooked and carved ham from yesterday.

Mrs G had Lasagne, spicy wedges and coleslaw. Ms G. had mash, said ham and gravy. All milled to within an inch of the plates life.:eek: While in my local Supervalu, I spotted a Chicken Balti and rice dish. So in the interests of experimentation and after paying a tidy sum for it, I'm having it with spicy wedges after the few beers.

Picnic bar or Wispa for dessert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I had Taco Fries for dinner tonight followed by 8 cans of the black stuff.

I had Taco Fries for dinner tonight followed by 8 cans of the black stuff.

Lovely!

8 3/4 oz. of biscuits, I wonder what would happen if you used 9oz . Lol

I'm being bold this evening. Bought a Striploin. Its resting at room temp. I also bought some beers and I'm having them as I type.:eek: Don't usually do that after the traditional Wednesday night beers. But fook it.:D Said steak will be served with mash, mushy peas and an as of yet undecided sauce.

Slainte!

8 3/4 oz. of biscuits, I wonder what would happen if you used 9oz . Lol

It wouldn't work, you'd just end up with 7g of leftover crumbs...

It wouldn't work, you'd just end up with 7g of leftover crumbs...

Works for me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Lasagne, garlic bread and coleslaw. Went down a treat with VW junior, it's his favourite dinner.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Lasagne, garlic bread and coleslaw. Went down a treat with VW junior, it's his favourite dinner.

I had Lasagne, coleslaw and chips for lunch. (Skipped breakfast) Had a portion left over from yesterday. Food of champions! I often wonder was it the Irish or Brits who added chips to the Lasagne meal? Did we even add the coleslaw? My first eating out experience of Lasagne was back in the early 90s and it was served with a basic side salad, coleslaw and chips. Delish. I used to have some homemade brown bread with it too.:eek:

That steak, mash and mushy peas looks inviting. Its screaming at me to be eatin, I have to finish my last bold can of Carlsberg unfilitered pilsner first. (thats what it said on the can)

Might have some bread and butter with it and a glass of cold bainne.

Another meal out as part of our staycation, chicken wings and cheesy nachos shared as starters, then chicken curry with rice and chips accompanied by a few Guinness on my behalf followed by this shop bought dessert at home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Had a messy Kebab Tray for dinner tonight. Got it for free so it tasted better than usual.

We just had an old fave for dinner this evening. I remember when it was on a lot of restaurant menus donkeys years ago. Roast stuffed chicken and ham with mashed spuds, peas, carrots and gravy. We worked up the appetite once again in the Slieve Bloom mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Grandeeod wrote:
    We just had an old fave for dinner this evening. I remember when it was on a lot of restaurant menus donkeys years ago. Roast stuffed chicken and ham with mashed spuds, peas, carrots and gravy. We worked up the appetite once again in the Slieve Bloom mountains.

A classic. And a classic because it's class. Beautiful. :)

Grandeeod wrote: »

Wasn't too far off what we had here this evening after a day of walking dogs, washing dogs, testing rifle scopes and power washing footpaths.

Haven't had a proper bit of stuffing in a while though, can't bate it with a breast of chicken on the bone. It'll be on the request list for later in the week.

There was a snaky bit of cheddar inside that chicken, lashed the peppercorn sauce on the mash tonight and washed it all down with a Villagio Pinot Grigio...

Bought one of those cheap, sad looking pizza packs from Lidl earlier (3 for 2.49), real fixer-uppers that you can improve with some cheese, tomatoes, herbs, lardons, mushrooms — even pineapple if you're some kind if deviant.

It's the closest I'll come to making my own pizza from scratch, can't be arsed making pozza dough tbh. Have never managed to make dough without the kitchen looking like a bomb hit a bread factory.

Bought one of those cheap, sad looking pizza packs from Lidl earlier (3 for 2.49), real fixer-uppers that you can improve with some cheese, tomatoes, herbs, lardons, mushrooms — even pineapple if you're some kind if deviant.

It's the closest I'll come to making my own pizza from scratch, can't be arsed making pozza dough tbh. Have never managed to make dough without the kitchen looking like a bomb hit a bread factory.

Please don't even acknowledge the wretches who do this.

There is nothing at all wrong with those frozen pizzas when you pimp them up, I often paid 12 euro plus for a lot worse after a feed of pints.

Chicken and mushroom vol au vents, followed by a selection of ice cream for dessert.

Wasn't too far off what we had here this evening after a day of walking dogs, washing dogs, testing rifle scopes and power washing footpaths.

Haven't had a proper bit of stuffing in a while though, can't bate it with a breast of chicken on the bone. It'll be on the request list for later in the week.

There was a snaky bit of cheddar inside that chicken, lashed the peppercorn sauce on the mash tonight and washed it all down with a Villagio Pinot Grigio...

The oul classic chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese. Delish. I love it with a big baked spud. I buy my stuffing from a local deli. Today I roasted a big chicken and I had cooked carved ham from a local butcher. Ham at the bottom. Stuffing in the middle and roast chicken breast on the top with gravy over it. Sweet jaysus, it brought me back.:D
    Please don't even acknowledge the wretches who do this.

There is nothing at all wrong with those frozen pizzas when you pimp them up, I often paid 12 euro plus for a lot worse after a feed of pints.

I'm not a big Pizza lover, but the ladies in the house are. Pineapple does not belong on one, no more than it belongs in a Thai curry or sweet and sour chicken dish. The only Pizza I like is a hot and spicy Mexicano type thing with a ****load of jalapenos, with chips.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pizza this evening, Ham, pineapple, onion and sweet corn :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Bottle of fizzy fruit juice, leftover from Christmas I'd say.

Advertisement