Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DashHXQ

Is anyone else experiencing delays with PW? it used to deliver to my address in Dublin the next working day after it's received up in Antrim, but my last 2 parcels are taking +2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

DashHXQ wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing delays with PW? it used to deliver to my address in Dublin the next working day after it's received up in Antrim, but my last 2 parcels are taking +2 days.

They seem to be very busy. Must be the pandemic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Go back a couple of pages, you'll see most are.

scamalert wrote: »
    never seen that before guessing high value item to use specific pin. that said given that you will have narrow window for the pin, that someone has to communicate that to NI parcel depo to watch out for on the day, really doubt it as you pay under 4 euro for their service, where there could be easily 2-5 people working and signing trough the day. only option i see if the driver would call you to confirm the pin, and then it would be handed over to PW.
    Worst case prob will be returned to amazon, so no lose on that. but really for such instances youd wanna order to your house or workplace.

Quick update on this:

1. The item was 120 GBP, not something I would call high value, considering I have previously ordered phones, tablets, a lot more expensive stuff.

2. The delivery was supposed to happen today. I got the email from Amazon with the code, and I tried to pass it on to the depot. I spent about 40 minutes with the DPD ParcelWizard support on web chat, and eventually got the email for the depot. I emailed the details to the depot, they said OK. The delivery still failed!

3. The delivery will be attempted again tomorrow. I have no reason to believe that it will work tomorrow, as there's nothing I can do. I can imagine the conversation:
    Driver: "What is the password?"
    DPD person: "What password?"
    Driver: "Unauthorized! Goodbye!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is there any news about what's happening to the service after January?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Hi All,

Have a parcel arriving in NewtownAbbey tomorrow, and Amazon have said they'll email me a OTP tomorrow for extra security.

Anyone got any experience of how DPD will handle this? Will the package not be delivered unless DPD have the code, or would commonsense prevail, and the parcel change hands?

Any info appreciated,

SparrowHawk

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi All,

Have a parcel arriving in NewtownAbbey tomorrow, and Amazon have said they'll email me a OTP tomorrow for extra security.

Anyone got any experience of how DPD will handle this? Will the package not be delivered unless DPD have the code, or would commonsense prevail, and the parcel change hands?

Any info appreciated,

SparrowHawk

Look back about 20 posts

never seen that before guessing high value item to use specific pin. that said given that you will have narrow window for the pin, that someone has to communicate that to NI parcel depo to watch out for on the day, really doubt it as you pay under 4 euro for their service, where there could be easily 2-5 people working and signing trough the day. only option i see if the driver would call you to confirm the pin, and then it would be handed over to PW.
    Worst case prob will be returned to amazon, so no lose on that. but really for such instances youd wanna order to your house or workplace.

How did you get on with this? Have to manage a similar situation tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

Just wondering if any one had similar experience and how it was resolved.
    I got a notification about my delivery over a month ago and delivery charge was deducted. I changed the delivery address as per the instructions in the text msg., since then no update on my parcel, it's still showing in Transit status. I sent an email last month and I got a reply saying that they can't trace my parcel in the head office. I have been trying to call their customer service thrice, spent 30 min each time but no one answers. I buy a few items every week from UK, most of them come straight to my address and a few occasions I use PM or DPD PW. This one I can't trace and I don't know what's in the parcel.
    Least thing DPD PW could have done is to credit back my delivery charge but no action taken so far. Any one had this experience, if so how was it resolved?
    Thank you.

Hi All,

Any info appreciated,

SparrowHawk

Hey,

It was me with the same issue, and I hope you have better success than I did.

I ordered an NVMe drive on Nov 10th. It was a "sale of the day", 128 quid (down from 170). On the morning of the 12th, Amazon emailed me the password, and I passed it on to the Newtownabbey depot via email. However, the delivery failed for some reason. On the next morning, Amazon emailed me a different password, as they said they would re-attempt delivery. I sent this one too via email. The parcel was marked as "out for delivery" for the whole day, then marked as "delivered" at 9:59pm. I knew this to be bogus, as the depot closes at 8pm.
    Then it was the weekend, and I had no communication with DPD/Amazon. The parcel seems to have vanished. This morning, I got a refund from Amazon for the 128 quid, but I can't buy the same item again, as the sale is gone.

I don't know if the delivery was hampered by the password thing or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

someone asked this before and was intrested myself, the route were going will it even be of any use to use PW come brexit, as info on dpd site states :

Brexit Plans

Brexit is due to come into effect on January 1st, 2021 - the transition period ends on December 31st, 2020. For all goods coming into or out of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland from Great Britain, declarations will be required.

DPD intends to declare goods on your behalf and will collect duties and taxes from you in advance of delivery. You’ll receive messaging from us with a link to a payment platform. For information, import duty is calculated on a number of key factors like commodity code, value of the item and the cost of transportation on the parcels.
    These charges must be paid up front before the goods can be released for delivery.
    Some helpful tips are below when receiving parcels from UK to EU and EU to UK.
    • If no deal is reached all goods travelling between EU and UK will have to be customs cleared. This includes goods that are being sent as gifts.
    • The customs duty and VAT are not included in the sale price unless stated by the shipper at point of sale. Please ensure that you are aware of the terms when buying.
    • VAT and duties are calculated on the total cost of the order plus cost of transportation and any insurance associated with the item, not value of the item itself.
    as reading those points i take away delays in processing time will increase a lot, extra costs vat - so in general dont see what would be the point of using service, am i missing something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

- so in general dont see what would be the point of using service, am i missing something ?
    I still would have used those services in some instances.

e.g. food and some other items might be zero rated VAT.

I once got an item with ludicrous shipping costs to Ireland while very cheap within the UK so even with VAT added I would have got it cheaper using PM. In a case like that I might have got it slightly cheaper from another EU country though. Some places/items may only ship to the UK and still prove cheaper than getting from the EU.

Their business will drop off sharply and I wonder if they will repurpose lockers. They could focus more on US orders too, if they have empty lockers it might be worthwhile to get a more efficient US service going and then drop prices.

rubadub wrote: »
    I still would have used those services in some instances.

e.g. food and some other items might be zero rated VAT.

I once got an item with ludicrous shipping costs to Ireland while very cheap within the UK so even with VAT added I would have got it cheaper using PM. In a case like that I might have got it slightly cheaper from another EU country though. Some places/items may only ship to the UK and still prove cheaper than getting from the EU.

Their business will drop off sharply and I wonder if they will repurpose lockers. They could focus more on US orders too, if they have empty lockers it might be worthwhile to get a more efficient US service going and then drop prices.
    Ok i see you mistaken PW for PM there, but guess same issue applies.

Im not in the know about what will happen after Brexit thus just making healthy discussion, as cant see anymore savings to be had just because it will be free uk delivery if DPD/PW will work same as UPS,Fedex where extra charges will still be applied on top as it would be imported directly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

Another problem here with Parcel Wizard.

2 packages arrived with PW on Monday, one delivered today Wednesday. Second one, the highest value one is missing.

Tracking says “Parcel delivery date booked with recipient” . I don’t know what that means, but I didn’t arrange a new delivery date, nor did they contact me. Anyone ever encounter that?

Yep, 2 days for me so far, and one package possibly missing of two which arrived there on Monday.

JoyPad wrote: »
    Hey,

It was me with the same issue, and I hope you have better success than I did.

I ordered an NVMe drive on Nov 10th. It was a "sale of the day", 128 quid (down from 170). On the morning of the 12th, Amazon emailed me the password, and I passed it on to the Newtownabbey depot via email. However, the delivery failed for some reason. On the next morning, Amazon emailed me a different password, as they said they would re-attempt delivery. I sent this one too via email. The parcel was marked as "out for delivery" for the whole day, then marked as "delivered" at 9:59pm. I knew this to be bogus, as the depot closes at 8pm.
    Then it was the weekend, and I had no communication with DPD/Amazon. The parcel seems to have vanished. This morning, I got a refund from Amazon for the 128 quid, but I can't buy the same item again, as the sale is gone.

I don't know if the delivery was hampered by the password thing or not.

So emailed DPD with my passcode (to date have not received any acknowledgement that anything was done with that mail), and watched nervously my parcel travel around Belfast all day. About 21:58 received a notification that my parcel was delivered, and received it two days later.

Not sure I'd do it again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

relax not attacking you, pointing the obvious if it was sent tracked and shows as delivered why would buyer be at fault if no one takes signatures atm :confused:.

At least where I work (taking in deliveries and parcels), DPD and any other delivery people have always asked for my first name in place of a signature. That way if the parcel goes walkabouts, they can say “well, I left it with XYZ.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is there any news about what's happening to the service after January?
    Closing on 11 December it seems - just got an email now.

I've used this a lot as Parcel Motel didn't really suit me in terms of picking stuff up. Not an ideal outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've used this a lot as Parcel Motel didn't really suit me in terms of picking stuff up. Not an ideal outcome

Yes just got the email, real pain, people need to be careful with Amazon delivery promises.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Havnt received an email, what does it say?

• Advertisement

la8J0eM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

We will no longer be offering our Virtual Address Service from December 11th 2020. This is due to customs clearance requirements for parcels travelling into the Republic of Ireland from Great Britain which will come into effect post Brexit.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks lads...they're obviously assuming we are definitely facing a no trade deal in any shape or form post Brexit.

Assume Parcel Motel and Addresspal will have to follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Got the same email. I switched from PM to PW, as PM/Nightline's customer service is so jaw droppingly, astoundingly bad. A shame...I found DPD's customer service pretty good the one time I had an issue. I'm sure it's not perfect, but at least they seem to have a functioning customer service section.

I presume the others will follow suit, but I'd rather go without than give PM any business again.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Thanks lads...they're obviously assuming we are definitely facing a no trade deal in any shape or form post Brexit.

Assume Parcel Motel and Addresspal will have to follow suit.

AddressPal are continuing the service, with increased charges Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Ah, ****. That's about 95 percent of my Ebay deliveries gone so. :(

I thought they might at least keep it in place and find a way to charge vat/customs fees. I'm 40 miles from the nearest Parcel Motel locker, so I suppose Addresspal it is.

Spocker wrote: »
    AddressPal are continuing the service, with increased charges Linky

Yes, AddressPal are set up for Customs Clearance. PW going, and possibly PM, will cause havoc for anyone trying to buy products with Lithium batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:(:(:( I loved Parcel Motel. I was lucky that depots for work and now home are really reliable so never had an issue.

sunbeam wrote: »
    Ah, ****. That's about 95 percent of my Ebay deliveries gone so. :(

I thought they might at least keep it in place and find a way to charge vat/customs fees. I'm 40 miles from the nearest Parcel Motel locker, so I suppose Addresspal it is.
    but it wont make sense, as you wont save anything really after handling+vat fees it would be same as using an post directly.
    and even at that they return item to depo by noon usually if ur not home to collect it from there, so dunno why people would use to pay extra for their service which is basically an post, thus no avoiding any fees.

since likes of amazon US already have system in place where they give you final price with prepaid customs in advance, so you know there wont be any hidden charges, and even ebay has global shipping program- so it wont be an issue to implement proper fee calulator in advance in terms of covering custom costs- but it will def price out UK in many cases vs rest of Europe.

id say issue lies with likes of ebay, amazon that people will shift to countries like Germany,France,Italy and Spain, as they have quite cheap shipping - delay to deliver here being main disadvantage.

but if no deal goes ahead, it looks more like there wont be any winners really, as price of goods will rise here as well on every day items.

• Advertisement

Pity PW is closing, its was really useful.

My missing parcel turned up, a day late, so I was worrying for nothing, its been reliable as usual.

Advertisement