Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Firestick available in Argos 35 euro delivered?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7836648/Trail/searchtext%3EFIRESTICK.htm

Is this the same one on amazon for 29.99gbp?/ Does the Argos one have 4k?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

timple23 wrote: »
    Firestick available in Argos 35 euro delivered?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7836648/Trail/searchtext%3EFIRESTICK.htm

Is this the same one on amazon for 29.99gbp?/ Does the Argos one have 4k?

no 4k sticks in argos,just standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Fire he 10 back down to 89 sterling. Decent tablet

Is this comparable to any of the older iPads specs wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

bassy wrote: »
    no 4k sticks in argos,just standard.

40 euro in currys for 4k stick and in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

lazyman wrote: »

Can they be connected to pc monitors?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

py2006 wrote: »
    Can they be connected to pc monitors?

If the monitor has HDMI yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

What time tomorrow do the next deals start on Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Roku is a great alternative for streaming. 4K HDR etc.

Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player, Black

I thought Roku is no good in Ireland as it has a lot of US content which is blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Degag wrote: »
    Do all items ordered from Amazon generally not come in their branded boxes?

Received something today and it wasn't. Can't seem to remember that happening before.

Wouldn't like it to happen if it was an Xmas gift!

A bit OT, but Amazon are having problems sourcing outer packaging (for deliveries). The demand they have created has actually helped lead to paper shortages in Europe.

If you order from amazon via addesspal is it still free to return it with an post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

If you order from amazon via addesspal is it still free to return it with an post?

It's tricky ime

I'd avoid it for expensive items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Parcel motel do returns to royal mail which Amazon offer, pop it into your local parcel motel and they post it up north

This will all change soon. Parcel Wizard have announced they're closing their UK address next month

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I had to return a Firestick that went faulty before and I had to send it to their UK address as it was obviously dispatched to a UK address. It cost me a tenner or something but Amazon refunded me the cost of returning it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you tell amazon you’re in Ireland at the moment they will send a label no problem at all, great customer service

Can’t say I had the same experience. They told me to post it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

My son returned an echo show last week that was out of warranty , It was flickering so he rang them and they asked him it mail it back , they refunded him the postage and gave him a full refund for the echo show. There are not many companies that would do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

Parcel Wizard have announced they're closing their UK address next month
    Source?

xdark wrote: »
    Source?

I got an email about dpd closing their virtual address because of brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

xdark wrote:
    Source?

Got the this today from them

Dear Parcel Wizard Member,

Today we're bringing you an Important Service Update regarding the DPD Virtual Address. 

We will no longer be offering our Virtual Address Service from December 11th 2020. This is due to customs clearance requirements for parcels travelling into the Republic of Ireland from Great Britain which will come into effect post Brexit. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Huawei Matebook
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085YM9K63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_7Q9TFbFYKC77Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These were recommended during the prime day sales. There's a thread on them on boards.

€490 atm. Keep an eye on it and see if it drops.

Was just about to recommend this also as I bought one earlier on the year. Beast of a laptop for the money. Great bit of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭caper23

is their anyway of making the amazon dot wireless?? amazon have a battery cradle but can't ship to ireland..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,025 ✭✭✭✭event

Caranica wrote: »
    You can but then you can only hear it where the dot is. I have three dots and a show but still got the chime and am glad I did. Also if your WiFi is patchy, the chime plus has a built in WiFi extender. I didn't need that but my neighbours did.

I've hardwired my ring doorbell to save needing to recharge. There are ways to then connect to your existing doorbell chime but I deliberately wanted something different as I can hear my neighbours bell if I have windows open and have often run to the door thinking it was mine. Not any more.

You can change the bell now on the Ring, they even have Xmas options

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

lazyman wrote: »

Weirdly the Fire Stick Lite is listed at €40 and the 4K is €39 on Currys, not sure what's going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I got the lite for my folks as I didn't want the TV controls on it. I have the 4k on a TV with no other input so it's fine but it can see how it would be a problem for older people who have saorview etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

caper23 wrote: »
    is their anyway of making the amazon dot wireless?? amazon have a battery cradle but can't ship to ireland..

Not easily - its 12v - so higher than usb 5v - but you could do it with one of these and a reasonable sized usb powerbank

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DigitCont-Compatible-Generation-Voltage-Converter/dp/B07K9RR3PK

Amazon used to sell docks for the larger alexias with a built in battery- dont know if available for dots.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

begbysback wrote: »
    Will Parcel Motel go too?

It possibly could if its willing to collect duties on behalf of Customs. But what those duties could be and what on might depend on how Brexit negotiations go.

But then given that duties might make buying from the UK more expensive a lot of us might start to buy from elsewhere impacting the demand for the service.

So hard to know, only thing for certain is that Brexit is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭54and56

The email:

Dear Parcel Wizard Member,

Today we're bringing you an Important Service Update regarding the DPD Virtual Address.

We will no longer be offering our Virtual Address Service from December 11th 2020. This is due to customs clearance requirements for parcels travelling into the Republic of Ireland from Great Britain which will come into effect post Brexit.

In order to prepare for this change, please review the following information -

Any parcels arriving to the Virtual Address up to and including December 11th will be processed as normal.

Please ensure to update any online Address Books where you have indicated that the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address is your default address.

When ordering online between now and December 11th, check the transit times to ensure that your parcel will arrive before the Virtual Address Service ceases - if it won't, please do not use the Virtual Address.​​​​

If you have an unused balance on your Virtual Address account after the service ceases, this will be refunded directly to you via SagePay before the end of January 2021. You don't need to take any action - the refund will be automated.​​​​​​

Thank for using our Virtual Address Service over the years. And don't forget, after the 11th December you can still use all of the other great DPD Parcel Wizard options - up to date messaging on when your parcel will arrive, managing your delivery schedule, routing your parcel to a particular address and much more.

Best regards,
    The Parcel Wizard Team @ DPD

I'm sceptical about this.

1. I'm a PW user and haven't received a similar email.

2. Why close on Dec 11th and forego the pre Brexit Xmas rush?

3. Their website says nothing about the ending of the service, it's still advertising for new customers - https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

54and56 wrote: »
    I'm sceptical about this.

1. I'm a PW user and haven't received a similar email.

2. Why close on Dec 11th and forego the pre Brexit Xmas rush?

3. Their website says nothing about the ending of the service, it's still advertising for new customers - https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie

Likewise. Two of us here are PW users and have heard nothing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

It possibly could if its willing to collect duties on behalf of Customs. But what those duties could be and what on might depend on how Brexit negotiations go.

But then given that duties might make buying from the UK more expensive a lot of us might start to buy from elsewhere impacting the demand for the service.

So hard to know, only thing for certain is that Brexit is a mess.

Not to completely derail this thread, but isn’t NI supposed to be some sort of “glitch in the Matrix” as regards Brexit?

So couldn’t Amazon setup a “company” in NI called “Amazon NI”, a little shoot off of their UK company.
    Then anyone with a delivery address in ROI or NI would have their items “sold by Amazon NI”.
    Amazon process the order through NI, route from their UK warehouse to the NI company, and ship from there?

Or is that too simplistic?

Also, isn’t a lot of stuff sold by Amazon EU sarl? So we’d be ok with that stuff, and it’s our UK brethren would get caught?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Soarer wrote: »
    Not to completely derail this thread, but isn’t NI supposed to be some sort of “glitch in the Matrix” as regards Brexit?

So couldn’t Amazon setup a “company” in NI called “Amazon NI”, a little shoot off of their UK company.
    Then anyone with a delivery address in ROI or NI would have their items “sold by Amazon NI”.
    Amazon process the order through NI, route from their UK warehouse to the NI company, and ship from there?

Or is that too simplistic?

Also, isn’t a lot of stuff sold by Amazon EU sarl? So we’d be ok with that stuff, and it’s our UK brethren would get caught?

Or just buy from Amazon Germany/Spain etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Likewise. Two of us here are PW users and have heard nothing either.

Haven't received any email either, nor from Parcel Motel or Address Pal which would be similarly affected.

Not saying it's not true, but will have to wait and see I guess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement