Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

The plans for Phase 2 didn't change? Perhaps slightly, but I knew three years ago that Phase 2 would have 800 units, with approximately 300 being houses and the remainder apartments. Phase 2 was never going to be all houses.

And I'm not sure why you have the many exclamation marks after the price of the Fern in Phase 2. It is the exact same price as it was for a Fern in Phase 1 - which given the increase in property prices overall in Dublin (especially with new builds) it seems reasonable to me that they didn't up the price.

Now perhaps you have an issue with paying 490k for a three bed house, and that I would agree with you. But the Clay Farm prices very closely match the prices for similar houses in Glencairn and Glenbourne, so it's not like they are unusually expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 newbuild21

Has anyone had any updates from Savills regarding the delays/shut down on construction for phase 2? Has anyone heard about snagging dates as well? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

newbuild21 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any updates from Savills regarding the delays/shut down on construction for phase 2? Has anyone heard about snagging dates as well? Thanks

I had to get the snagging completed in January for my apartment - however Park Developments and my solicitor reached out to me saying the site is closed until Jan end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tris111

Hi all, does anyone what houses on the site plan will be released in the next phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 decorfali9

newbuild21 wrote: »

We were told that their latest ETA for snagging before the sites were closed was "March" and that now that the sites are closed it's anyone's guess and to sit tight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

decorfali9 wrote: »
    We were told that their latest ETA for snagging before the sites were closed was "March" and that now that the sites are closed it's anyone's guess and to sit tight.

We are told that it will be safe to assume that snagging will be delayed by a month as construction is closed for a month.

twoeyes wrote: »
    We are told that it will be safe to assume that snagging will be delayed by a month as construction is closed for a month.

When was this? I guess that was based on the assumption that construction would reopen at the end of Jan, as originally suggested by the Government. AFAIK construction is very much closed until at least March 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

When was this? I guess that was based on the assumption that construction would reopen at the end of Jan, as originally suggested by the Government. AFAIK construction is very much closed until at least March 5th.

True. I checked during early January and now it seems delay of more than two months if we go by the same logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Newhomebuyer

Hi , anybody viewed in the October release have you signed the contracts yet??

Hi , anybody viewed in the October release have you signed the contracts yet??

Yes, a few of us did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Digiteer

Heads up for Clayfarm, paving & patio crowd going door to door. They are working in Larkfield Way right now.!! Be careful as covid19 restrictions still in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Newhomebuyer

Has construction commenced?.

Has construction commenced?.

expecting housing to resume from 5th march..fingers crossed

There was definitely a few builders working over in Phase 2 earlier this week. I doubt they were breaking the law, I'd imagine they may have been fixing or securing something urgently.

But I'd expect them to be all back on site in two weeks.

JDD wrote: »
    There was definitely a few builders working over in Phase 2 earlier this week. I doubt they were breaking the law, I'd imagine they may have been fixing or securing something urgently.

But I'd expect them to be all back on site in two weeks.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0219/1198040-coronavirus-ireland/

Looks like construction to remain shut :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Carapop

Hi all,

Anyone have any information on oak hall apts? Currently under construction, I believe.

I'm trying to figure out what thr aspect is like, where they are in the complex in relation to luas stop etc.

My little head is melted with maps (my spatial relations/sense of direction wouldn't be the best! ).

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

Carapop wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone have any information on oak hall apts? Currently under construction, I believe.

I'm trying to figure out what thr aspect is like, where they are in the complex in relation to luas stop etc.

My little head is melted with maps (my spatial relations/sense of direction wouldn't be the best! ).

Have a Look at this diagram from the website

https://clayfarm.ie/elegant-apartments/

Enter clay farm and they are about 200m straight ahead on the right hand side, so about 250m from the Luas

Lots of tree cutting & construction ongoing at Clayfarm now..!! Doubt they have permission.!!
    Cutting trees by protected wetlands..!!

Lots of tree cutting & construction ongoing at Clayfarm now..!! Doubt they have permission.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

Digiteer wrote: »

You're not allowed cut Trees Between March and September so probably is considered essential.

"Under the Wildlife Act, legislation says: “Hedge/tree cutting should only be carried out during the period from September 1 to March 1 as it is an offence, under Section 40 of the Wildlife Act 1976, to cut or destroy any vegetation growing in land not then cultivated, or vegetation growing in any hedge or ditch during the period March 1 to August 31.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

What a load of tosh.

ASSuming and too lazy to do a basic check on the planning that details this.

But sure throw out a defamatory statement anyway.

Problem is that all houses have main doors that open directly onto footpath, I’ve stepped into dog poo several times and as for all the non resident kids, why are the developers charging the owners management & estate fees if the whole estate is public..??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Qwert6

Hi
    Potentially buying a house in phase 2. Did anyone manage to get the clause into the contract about getting the deposit back subject to loan?
    Thanks

Yes, a few of us did.

Did anyone manage to get the clause into the contract to stay that you would get the deposit back subject to loan approval?

Problem is that all houses have main doors that open directly onto footpath, I’ve stepped into dog poo several times and as for all the non resident kids, why are the developers charging the owners management & estate fees if the whole estate is public..??

Do you live on the estate Digiteer? You seem determined to do the place down. Because there are no management or estate fees for house owners, and you'd know that if you owned a house.

Qwert6 wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to get the clause into the contract to stay that you would get the deposit back subject to loan approval?

We didn't. We tried - even though the Law Society recommend it as a standard part of any house contract but there was no budging them. I hope others might have managed it.

We didn't. We tried - even though the Law Society recommend it as a standard part of any house contract but there was no budging them. I hope others might have managed it.

Same here. Tried but didn't succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 seb123321

Same here. Tried but didn't succeed.

We also tried but no joy too. We were told to not even try by our solicitor as "they've never budged on it". Interesting to hear that others have. Also, has anyone got any further updates re Phase 2 snagging? We were initially told March, then May and then this recent lockdown happened so we're really quite pessimistic about being in by even end of summer...

Yea it's a bit of a disaster and feel nervous about it. We haven't signed anything yet and also contacted park developments about a timeline but obviously they're saying nothing about when houses will be ready.

• Advertisement

seb123321 wrote: »
    We also tried but no joy too. We were told to not even try by our solicitor as "they've never budged on it". Interesting to hear that others have. Also, has anyone got any further updates re Phase 2 snagging? We were initially told March, then May and then this recent lockdown happened so we're really quite pessimistic about being in by even end of summer...

I contacted park developments today and not giving any sort of timeline. Worried now about signing any contracts given the deposit issue and mortgage approval only lasts 6 months for us so would end in August and have to start process again I think? Not sure how that works.

Advertisement