Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭148multi

whelan2 wrote: »
    I was waiting on department vet, so thought it might have been him. Just goes to show the value of a good dog

Even a prick of a dog 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Had you the dog out to greet the Dept vet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Water John wrote: »
    Had you the dog out to greet the Dept vet?

Yup. She's a pet but barks at everything that comes into the yard, then introduces a ball or whatever she's playing with at the moment for them to throw but they don't know that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭visatorro

Had a sales person in a red land cruiser 171 ke reg today. He drove in by the house and straight down the yard. I came out and was waiting for him when he came back up from his viewing. Is the boss man around.... I said he's away. Going on about feed troughs for calves. Showing me cheques from local farmers who bought from him also said he wasn't getting out of the jeep as the prick of a dog was there....

Had none in this while thank God. They must have realised that there is nothing worth taking here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Had a sales person in a red land cruiser 171 ke reg today. He drove in by the house and straight down the yard. I came out and was waiting for him when he came back up from his viewing. Is the boss man around.... I said he's away at the shooting range.....

For the next time.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Driving down the yard pissed me off big time

When I was on placement for my green cert the farm I worked on was up a long lane so you could see the "visitors" coming. The family dog was a doberman the craic was to give the ethnic minority 2 mins to get out of the hiace and let out the dog.
    You could smell them before you would see them when you walked over to the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I hear Reggie was in Portloaise on Wednesday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I had a lamb and ewe get meningitis about 2 weeks ago and went straight in with Alamycin and B1. The lamb was a triplet ewe lamb and needed lifting and holding her mouth and bottle for about 10 minutes to feed but she recovered fairly quickly, a pet now but OK. The ewe was still down after 10 days and I was wondering if she should be put down to stop her suffering and was going to get the vet to do it today as he was coming out for a cow anyway.

Anyway, I gave a quick check of the sheep and there she was standing, leaning against the single pens and moving forward on her own.

Today is a good day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

OH working- swimming lessons @10- ballet at 11:15 and the small lad is contrary. Have a cow softening too but she might be a few days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I hear Reggie was in Portloaise on Wednesday morning.

Was I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

OH working- swimming lessons @10- ballet at 11:15 and the small lad is contrary. Have a cow softening too but she might be a few days yet.

Are you any good at the ballet?

Reggie. wrote: »
    Was I?

Discharging a weapon in the army vehicle and making holes in the floor.
    Safety catch man. Safety catch. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Backs after going on me.... have fencing to sort, pens to clean out, silage to be fed....and I'm having to lie down for a bit. V frustrating!! Don't know how dairy men cope! At least dad can do the emergency jobs and I managed to dose the calves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

My dog has had to go for another transfusion today,
    Bled out nearly over night, even stole the other dogs food dish last night at six oclock
    So she wasn't in bad form then
    I don't think I'll transfuse if she hemorrhages again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Are you any good at the ballet?

Light on my toes alright. Great at swan lake

Discharging a weapon in the army vehicle and making holes in the floor.
    Safety catch man. Safety catch. ;)

Where ya see this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

wrangler wrote: »
    My dog has had to go for another transfusion today,
    Bled out nearly over night, even stole the other dogs food dish last night at six oclock
    So she wasn't in bad form then
    I don't think I'll transfuse if she hemorrhages again

You need the transfusions to buy time to let the bone marrow recover. Modern rat killers are very good at what they do.......

Keep her inside where she won't be knocking herself about to start small haemorrhages.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Did someone say that at 87.5% the animal is considered pedigree - or did I dream that up? Only asking coz I have an incalf heifer who is 88% angus and a year old who is also 88% angus. If that is correct can you tell me if it is possible to get them registered? I'm thinking of life after BDGP and as well as the herd of donkeys :) I might keep the best of my cows/heifers and get rid of the lesser percentage angus cattle. The rest are nearly all 75%+, so it is possible I will have another couple in the future. The older of these two is genotyped and the other is on the list for this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

KatyMac wrote: »
    Did someone say that at 87.5% the animal is considered pedigree - or did I dream that up? Only asking coz I have an incalf heifer who is 88% angus and a year old who is also 88% angus. If that is correct can you tell me if it is possible to get them registered? I'm thinking of life after BDGP and as well as the herd of donkeys :) I might keep the best of my cows/heifers and get rid of the lesser percentage angus cattle. The rest are nearly all 75%+, so it is possible I will have another couple in the future. The older of these two is genotyped and the other is on the list for this year.
    To register the calf the cow has to be registered so there is kind of a loop. You could sell them to a dairy lad as pbnr,they dont want a piece of paper

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Reggie. wrote: »
    Didn't say it was in portlaoise.

Wouldn't be normal procedure to have a round chambered, would it?

I read somewhere there is a Spanish proverb about gun safety "The devil loads your gun once a year".

greysides wrote: »
    You need the transfusions to buy time to let the bone marrow recover. Modern rat killers are very good at what they do.......

Keep her inside where she won't be knocking herself about to start small haemorrhages.

Thanks for that, it makes sense and the other dog is very boisterous and rough,
    She catches her by the collar and drags her off down the fields, will keep them apart for a couple of weeks now.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Wouldn't be normal procedure to have a round chambered, would it?

I read somewhere there is a Spanish proverb about gun safety "The devil loads your gun once a year".

No we don't have one "up the spout" unless in a hostile situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Joys of parenting & farming in 2019
    Worst thing is they’re all at the 1 time & then rest of the day it’s back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭davidk1394

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I was following that elsewhere during the week. There's quite a number looking for a website with activists names and addresses to be published and their homes to be similarly targeted and I would have to agree with them, tbh.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. I think I'm going to use more of those animal phrases when talking to vegans in future, just for the lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Had our annual visit from the hunt, told not to enter the land, concession agreed if dogs went in, hound master only could go in to get them out, anyway as I watched four entered after the dogs with the other 60+ waiting to see how the first 4 got on. I shared my views with them and at one stage the hound master said he don’t know what was agreed, yet the guy who came and agreed it was one of the four, they started apologizing and saying how sorry they were...every year the same shyte, they were only sorry that they were caught. The arrogance of these guys really pisses me off. :mad:

I was following that elsewhere during the week. There's quite a number looking for a website with activists names and addresses to be published and their homes to be similarly targeted and I would have to agree with them, tbh.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. I think I'm going to use more of those animal phrases when talking to vegans in future, just for the lols.

I'm pretty sure some of these self confessed vegans just do it for attention and to feel they've joined some kind of "club" or cult or whatever.
    It fills a void in their lives.
    Either that or they're just nuts to begin with.

Case in point look down at the responses to this tweet and look at the profile and posts of the vegan responder.
    *Over 18's only and if you're a guard. REALLY??

Bláthnaid Earley (@BeeBeeKeen) Tweeted:
    McVeal now on the menu? https://t.co/S5ayFMCwQq https://twitter.com/BeeBeeKeen/status/1096122008532934656?s=17

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure some of these self confessed vegans just do it for attention and to feel they've joined some kind of "club" or cult or whatever.
    It fills a void in their lives.
    Either that or they're just nuts to begin with.

Case in point look down at the responses to this tweet and look at the profile and posts of the vegan responder.
    *Over 18's only and if you're a guard. REALLY??

Bláthnaid Earley (@BeeBeeKeen) Tweeted:
    McVeal now on the menu? https://t.co/S5ayFMCwQq https://twitter.com/BeeBeeKeen/status/1096122008532934656?s=17
    Dammit, you made me look at her profile:mad::D:pac:
    She won't be top of the, ah, pops on any road safety videos.

Still laughing:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement