Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Can you use both SIM cards in a dual phone for internet ? Thought you had to designate one or the other. Might be a conflict there .

I'm switching over selecting data from the gomo sim which is poor in my house. Then flicking it over to Vodafone which is broadband speed

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

BKWDR wrote: »
    I'm switching over selecting data from the gomo sim which is poor in my house. Then flicking it over to Vodafone which is broadband speed

Well that probably explains your issue with the gomo , poor coverage inside your house. What's it like outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Well that probably explains your issue with the gomo , poor coverage inside your house. What's it like outside?

Again fairly poor. Like on the speed test it's 1/2 mb... Maybe. But I'm near enough to masts. I was up the road and I got 80mb off gomo. Just a shame its so bad in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

BKWDR wrote: »
    Again fairly poor. Like on the speed test it's 1/2 mb... Maybe. But I'm near enough to masts. I was up the road and I got 80mb off gomo. Just a shame its so bad in the house

Would you not just use wifi in the house or is the broadband bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celiam

reddanmm wrote: »
    I am out of contract with Eir since August . Will switching to GoMo automatically cancel my contact . I was on hold for an hour today trying to cancel.
    Thanks

But your phone is still locked to eir, you will have to get a NAC from eir before you can put another sim in your phone

• Advertisement

nippedin wrote: »
    No 3G or 4G with my Xiaomi Mi 9I after switching to GoMo Ireland from Tesco.
    I was with Tesco mobile and 3G and 4G worked fine on the phone with them.
    I tried the GoMo SIM in another phone and it worked fine in it.
    I can make and receive calls and send and receive messages on the GoMo network.
    I have reset the APN and still no internet and I have tried putting in the APN manually, still no internet.
    I have been in touch with GoMo support through Facebook DM but they are obviously very busy and slow to get back to me.
    Anyone any ideas on how I can resolve this?
    When I put in the sim and started using the phone I had no mobile data so I powered of the phone and when I switched it back on again it was asking for the sim pin (on card that came with the sim) once I did that mobile data worked fine

nippedin wrote: »
    No 3G or 4G with my Xiaomi Mi 9I after switching to GoMo Ireland from Tesco.
    I was with Tesco mobile and 3G and 4G worked fine on the phone with them.
    I tried the GoMo SIM in another phone and it worked fine in it.
    I can make and receive calls and send and receive messages on the GoMo network.
    I have reset the APN and still no internet and I have tried putting in the APN manually, still no internet.
    I have been in touch with GoMo support through Facebook DM but they are obviously very busy and slow to get back to me.
    Anyone any ideas on how I can resolve this?
    Power off your phone when you poer it on again it will ask for your sim pin, put that in at mobile data should work OK. I had the same problem

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

celiam wrote: »
    But your phone is still locked to eir, you will have to get a NAC from eir before you can put another sim in your phone

GoMo SIMs work in phones locked to Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Griffinx wrote: »
    There seems to be an issue with ported numbers and voicemail.

When I dial 171 to setup voicemail it says

Press # if dialling from own number or the number if dialling from another phone. When I press # it says you have put in the wrong number and to set up mailbox got to 171.

But I have just dialled 171 from the number.

Gomo then told me via email to dial ##002# to set up voicemail

I did this and the phone said Call forwarding ALL erasure was successful

I then tried 171 again but the problem is still the same as above.

Has anyone any idea how to resolve this issue please

Did you get this fixed in the end? My wife ported from TM and has the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

Griffinx wrote: »
    There seems to be an issue with ported numbers and voicemail.

When I dial 171 to setup voicemail it says

Press # if dialling from own number or the number if dialling from another phone. When I press # it says you have put in the wrong number and to set up mailbox got to 171.

But I have just dialled 171 from the number.

Gomo then told me via email to dial ##002# to set up voicemail

I did this and the phone said Call forwarding ALL erasure was successful

I then tried 171 again but the problem is still the same as above.

Has anyone any idea how to resolve this issue please

I've got this problem also. Has anyone found a fix ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    I used Twitter to message @GoMoIrelandCare. Just asked for my mobile number and they said they'd escalate it... so we'll see if anything happens..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Has anyone actually been throttled at 80GB yet? The family are fairly hammering my wifi hotspot down home over Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thargor wrote: »
    Has anyone actually been throttled at 80GB yet? The family are fairly hammering my wifi hotspot down home over Christmas...

Based on posts in threads elsewhere, numerous people have been throttled.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Thargor wrote:

There is a dedicated thread on this. It seems that it's throttled so much that you can barely open an email af 80 gigs. It's still terrific value though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Call Waiting.

Activated call waiting, when I check the call waiting status it tells me it's active but in reality it's not working. It's the same on 4 GoMo Sims in the family. Deactivated it and reactivated and the same thing. All 4 ported from eir?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Call waiting works fine for me, I to ported from Eir

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    There is a dedicated thread on this. It seems that it's throttled so much that you can barely open an email af 80 gigs. It's still terrific value though imo.

Ah yeah I see that now thanks.

Can anyone reccomend a 4G router that will work with a GOMO sim or will any of the ones on Amazon do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

Searched already but cant find the answer.

Ordered two sims.
    Activated and ported one earlier this month.
    Charged for both.
    I want to cancel the unused one.
    How do I do this?
    Will they refund that charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭opus

Can anyone reccomend a 4G router that will work with a GOMO sim or will any of the ones on Amazon do the job?

I bought one of these Huawei boxes during the BF sales, works fine but I've no experience of any others. GoMo SIM should just work in any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Thargor wrote:

Unlocked Huawei B593-22.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

I just noticed that ‘call catcher ‘ is activated in my new gomo package. I’d never seen it before and wonder if anyone knows how to disable.
    Call Catcher - Txt sent to person you called - who didn’t answer - giving your details and asking to call back.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

xraylady wrote: »
    I just noticed that ‘call catcher ‘ is activated in my new gomo package. I’d never seen it before and wonder if anyone knows how to disable.
    Call Catcher - Txt sent to person you called - who didn’t answer - giving your details and asking to call back.

No, call catcher doesn't send texts to numbers you call but didn't answer; it texts you about calls you missed when your phone was off, had no signal or was otherwise engaged.

Call catcher is connected to your voicemail. Voicemail on, call catcher on. Voicemail off, call catcher off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aestheticsul

Anyone have experience with going over the Gomo fair usage of 80gb? I used to have 3 mobile and they were fairly lenient, gomo have messaged me twice when I've hit 80% of the fair use cap. I was wondering what happens when I hit 100% do I get cut off, or do I get throttles. And if I get throttled, what is the speed when I'm throttled?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Anyone have experience with going over the Gomo fair usage of 80gb? I used to have 3 mobile and they were fairly lenient, gomo have messaged me twice when I've hit 80% of the fair use cap. I was wondering what happens when I hit 100% do I get cut off, or do I get throttles. And if I get throttled, what is the speed when I'm throttled?

You get throttled but based on other posts here the speed you get throttled to makes most online activities non-viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

Just to double check, all you need to do to cancel your gomo account is to port to another network?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

kippy wrote: »
    You get throttled but based on other posts here the speed you get throttled to makes most online activities non-viable.

Speeds drop down to around 5kb/s or old dial up speeds in the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

I've been using https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-MR6400-Unlocked-Configuration-Required-External/dp/B016ZWXYXG since the original launch (was using it with 3 previously.

A bit of flailing around with PUK/PIN early on, but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭opus

Found the LTEInspecteur program (Windows) very handy figuring out where to place the B525 router & which way to point it, increased my speedtest result to over 60 Mbps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Surely casual users won't reach 80gb of data month fair usage?

Advertisement