Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

sticker wrote: »
    Can this phone be bought and fully unlocked? Then get a cheap sim...?

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung/galaxy-a21s.html?gallery=payg

It comes unlocked. Yes, get a free eir sim and port that to Vodafone. Then when the phone arrives pop in your current sim or move to whatever network you want. It's also dual sim. They had a €100 off it for BF so many people got it for €39.99 but €89.99 it's still a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Anyone get a Redmi Note 9 yet from Voda?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you actually talk to someone over there about a failed order? I don't have a vodafone number, so according to this website, I should call +35312038232 for a non-vodafone phone. However, this number just asks for your number and when you provide a non-vodafone number it says something like "this is not a valid number" and hangs up.

That same webpage above mentions a "Chat Button", but I can't for the life of me find it.

So does anyone know a number that I can call please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question, but how do you actually talk to someone over there about a failed order? I don't have a vodafone number, so according to this website, I should call +35312038232 for a non-vodafone phone. However, this number just asks for your number and when you provide a non-vodafone number it says something like "this is not a valid number" and hangs up.

That same webpage above mentions a "Chat Button", but I can't for the life of me find it.

So does anyone know a number that I can call please?

Thanks

www.vodafone.ie/support

Chat should pop up in bottom right after a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

fdevine wrote: »
    www.vodafone.ie/support

Chat should pop up in bottom right after a few seconds

Thanks. Do you need to be logged in for it to appear? As it's not coming up for me. I don't have a Vodafone account.

Edit: I'm making progress on twitter with them

Edit 2: well I was, until they stopped responding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭garyskeepers

I don't understand

You guys are saying this is unlocked, but I cant seem to order this without coupling it with a mobile plan. In which case you would kinda have to be locked into a contract with Vfone,, is that correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I don't understand

You guys are saying this is unlocked, but I cant seem to order this without coupling it with a mobile plan. In which case you would kinda have to be locked into a contract with Vfone,, is that correct ?

Whichever phone your ordering and want it for another network use a free Eir SIM card. That way you can port that number and keep your own. So you're not locked to Vodafone and continue on whichever plan your using.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

carbsy wrote: »
    Anyone get a Redmi Note 9 yet from Voda?

Yes I did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

So SWMBO insisted on the A41 and isn't too bothered if the phone arrives locked to Vodafone. Hopefully it will be sim free as it would be a shame to have to switch or to rely on third parties to unlock it.

This isn't a Christmas present so will update with result when it arrives - which should be sometime this week.

GBX wrote: »
    Whichever phone your ordering and want it for another network use a free Eir SIM card. That way you can port that number and keep your own. So you're not locked to Vodafone and continue on whichever plan your using.

I get ya.. but there is no option to buy the phone without adding a plan, for say €20 per month. I am in contract with Virgin. My phone was stolen so I was looking for another phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

I get ya.. but there is no option to buy the phone without adding a plan, for say €20 per month. I am in contract with Virgin. My phone was stolen so I was looking for another phone.

These are PAYG deals, so it doesn't matter if it's tied to a free Sim, as you wouldn't be paying it every month anyways, unless you decided to, but Vodafone have been having outages lately. Maybe the mice are chewing through their wires tooðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It's a PAYG plan that has no obligations or any contract. It's a way for VF to pretend they gained lots of subscribers from competitors when they haven't.

The important point is to use a SIM to port that you don't need ie get an Eir PAYG SIM and use that SIM phone number to get the offer from VF.

You might pay one month top up for prepay just to get the phone but it's for a dud number as you'll continue using your own number with the replacement SIM card for your own plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

i see some of vodafone deals are near enough the same as post mobile some of voda phones were cheaper on blackfriday deals but have gone back up

gussieg wrote: »
    These are PAYG deals, so it doesn't matter if it's tied to a free Sim, as you wouldn't be paying it every month anyways, unless you decided to, but Vodafone have been having outages lately. Maybe the mice are chewing through their wires tooðŸ˜

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so i can get it for one month then cancel. Happy days.. SO I get the phone and a month worth of contract, just pop my virgin sim card in there and away we go.. happy days.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Yes I did
    Dual SIM? Unlocked??

FGR wrote: »
    So SWMBO insisted on the A41 and isn't too bothered if the phone arrives locked to Vodafone. Hopefully it will be sim free as it would be a shame to have to switch or to rely on third parties to unlock it.

This isn't a Christmas present so will update with result when it arrives - which should be sometime this week.
    The few phones I've bought from Vodafone & Three the past few years were dual-SIM Samsungs and arrived unlocked.

Quackster wrote: »
    Dual SIM? Unlocked??

I'd like to know this too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

I bought a prepay fone recently

Do I have to cancel anything after?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Badabing1

The few phones I've bought from Vodafone & Three the past few years were dual-SIM Samsungs and arrived unlocked.

Hi,

Would it matter if bought in store, is it less likely to be unlocked does anyone know please

• Advertisement

Badabing1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Would it matter if bought in store, is it less likely to be unlocked does anyone know please

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A10 in Vodafone store last year and it was locked. Having said that... I bought the A21S in Carphone Warehouse this year and it was unlocked.

why is it so hard to find live chat on their bloody store..

I could never find it on their website. I just installed the awful Vodafone app on my phone and contacted them that way... Then deleted it! :P

It's not that hard to find.......

www.vodafone.ie/support

Chat pops up in bottom right after a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

I think you have to be signed in

If you're on Twitter they are helpful there too.

twitter/VodafoneIreland

jhammer wrote: »
    I think you have to be signed in

I've used the chat twice without signing in FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Dual SIM? Unlocked??
    carbsy wrote: »
    I'd like to know this too...

Yes to both and proper dual sim with space for a memory card and 2 sims, not a hybrid that you can have either 2 sims or 1 sim and a memory card.

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Yes to both and proper dual sim with space for a memory card and 2 sims, not a hybrid that you can have either 2 sims or 1 sim and a memory card.
    Excellent, thanks! Family member is interested in this phone so this is the way to go methinks.

• Advertisement

BTW the Redmi 9 ( not note ) is virtually identical and €40 less when you port.

Advertisement