Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

They have reached the 120s on the Open panel in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

They have reached the 120s on the Open panel in Dublin

Oh wonder what they're at for the inter.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

linpoo wrote: »
    Oh wonder what they're at for the inter.

They are in the 40s

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭osullic

Niniwx1 wrote: »
    I was 7 on the Wexford panel batch 2.6 and I got my assignment notification from PAS this morning

When did you do stage 2 & 3??

Congrats on the assignment btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Niniwx1

osullic wrote: »
    When did you do stage 2 & 3??

Congrats on the assignment btw!

Stage 2 I did in September 2017, Stage 3 July 2018.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Laser900

Hi all,

This has probably been asked before but can't see it.

The starting salary is just over 29000? Is there any room for negotiation on this with HR? Work experience, cost of relocation, current salary etc

What are the hours of work? Is it flexible? Or does that vary from dept to dept. I

I assume there would be good opportunities for progression in role and salary once in?

Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Louiseb63

Laser900 wrote: »
    Hi all,

The starting salary is just over 29000? Is there any room for negotiation on this with HR? Work experience, cost of relocation, current salary etc

What are the hours of work? Is it flexible? Or does that vary from dept to dept. I

I assume there would be good opportunities for progression in role and salary once in?

Thanks very much.

As far as I’m aware there is no room for negotiation, they don’t take costs into consideration.

It really depends on what dept your assigned to, core hours are 10-4.00 but you can do flexi time around that

Who's turn is it to ring today to see what number they have reached! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Doogie34

Who's turn is it to ring today to see what number they have reached! Lol

I want to know so badly, I'm like 154 or something but have rang every Monday for the last three weeks, I'm afraid they will skip me if I ring again lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭3ke6pn2v0zwsi7

Hi does anyone know when this panel ends?

• Advertisement

Hi does anyone know when this panel ends?

End of April

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joe1979

Laser900 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks very much.

No there is no room for renegotiation on pay. Pay scales are in line with pay agreements agreed with the unions. Cost of relocation is not taken into account it’s your choice. Regardless of work experience all new entrants start at entry point on the EO Scale unless in certain circumstances where you may have previously served as a civil servant and then left the service. Hours of work depend on the department that you are assigned. Good scope for promotions but again it’s either done internally and through open competition. If it is internally or interdepartmental I think it would be similar to CO to EO you need to have 2 years service but would still be eligible to apply to the open competition

Doogie34 wrote: »
    I want to know so badly, I'm like 154 or something but have rang every Monday for the last three weeks, I'm afraid they will skip me if I ring again lol

154 on open?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pick_Up

I'm 13 something on the open. And I just got told where I'm going. Exciting!

154 on open?

Yeah on the open

Pick_Up wrote: »
    I'm 13 something on the open. And I just got told where I'm going. Exciting!

Oh where were placed?

Doogie34 wrote: »
    Yeah on the open

I last heard they were up to 120 on the open so won't be long

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cossie44

I think thats just for clearance linpoo im 65 myself on open been garda vetted already and in clearance 2 weeks now and not been placed :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pick_Up

Oh where were placed?

Justice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dadoffive

I was 55 on the interdepartmental and I just got my assignment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Amaru976

Just got placed in DEASP - OOM 64 (Inter-d).

Amaru976 wrote: »
    Just got placed in DEASP - OOM 64 (Inter-d).

Had you asked to stay in your drpartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Biffo1991

Hi All,

Have my interview later this week, quiet nervous regarding it tbh, anyone have any tips regarding interviews. I am basing my questions on the competencies for an EO.
    Anyone have their interview recently who can advise on questions they were asked.

Was their any questions asked regarding the civil service in general or solely competency based?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joe1979

Biffo1991 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Have my interview later this week, quiet nervous regarding it tbh, anyone have any tips regarding interviews. I am basing my questions on the competencies for an EO.
    Anyone have their interview recently who can advise on questions they were asked.

Was their any questions asked regarding the civil service in general or solely competency based?

TIA

Just know your competencies off by heart and have another example for each competency. They may ask you what is the civil service and what are it’s values. How would you deal with a troublesome staff member? What would you do if you were promoted to a department of which you had no knowledge. Stuff like that. To be honest you just don’t know what they will ask but don’t be worrying. The competencies are key. All you have to get to pass is 20/50. Take your time before you answer each question and if you get stuck don’t worry generally they will ask you the same question a different way which will give you time to get it together. Everyone is a ball of nerves going in so a few hiccups is normal. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Anyone who is doing interviews this week how are they going?. Do they just ask give me an example of people management and so on. I have mine friday

Any help from anyone be great
    Thanks

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Anyone who is doing interviews this week how are they going?. Do they just ask give me an example of people management and so on. I have mine friday

Any help from anyone be great
    Thanks

They don't give you an example of anything. You give it to them.

They don't give you an example of anything. You give it to them.

Thanks i was just wondering how they go about asking you the different competencys

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Thanks i was just wondering how they go about asking you the different competencys

The two interviewers take turns asking questions and you just have to fit your competency examples into it. You will have to kinda guess what competency they are referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Biffo1991

The two interviewers take turns asking questions and you just have to fit your competency examples into it. You will have to kinda guess what competency they are referring to.

Have you recently done an Interview for EO?

Would you have any examples of questions you were asked if possible?

• Advertisement

The two interviewers take turns asking questions and you just have to fit your competency examples into it. You will have to kinda guess what competency they are referring to.[/quote

Oh god its worse than i thought

Advertisement