Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Grove

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The_Sally_Gap

Tomrogic wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have bought a 3 bed semi-d in phase 2.
    Can I ask about the uneven floors found in the snag, has the builder said how they plan to fix it?
    I have been told that if a builder is putting down fresh concrete on the subfloor it should be given months to let the moisture come down before putting a wood floor down

Hi,

He said it would be fixed and that it wasn't a big issue !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mharding

Hey guys,

Has anyone who bought in the first phase on the tarmac side of the estate have any indication of when the completion date is? Also, anyone know when the right time to do the bank valuation?
    Hi,

He said it would be fixed and that it wasn't a big issue !

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Hi All,
    Does anyone know the rate these houses are selling? I'm interested in the 3 bed terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Charlie2011

Does anyone know if the price for the mid terrace is correct, less than a week ago they were up for 335k but now it seems to be advertised for 349k it couldn't possibly have gone up 4% in less than a week??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markjmc

Does anyone know if the price for the mid terrace is correct, less than a week ago they were up for 335k but now it seems to be advertised for 349k it couldn't possibly have gone up 4% in less than a week??

Pretty sure it's 335k for mid-terrace and 350k for end-of-terrace. Up 5k from phase 1. Although, with the way house prices are rising right now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Charlie2011

markjmc wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's 335k for mid-terrace and 350k for end-of-terrace. Up 5k from phase 1. Although, with the way house prices are rising right now...

Still crazy prices for terraced houses that don't even have a driveway! But you're right though that won't be the last price hike. Think I'll wait for the next property crash 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ireland2017

Hi guys, has anyone bought any of the 4 houses along the front of the estate (3bed/4bed...houses 14-17)? We noticed that they have staggered the car parking spaces, so that the two allocated spaces are not outside your own house but that your second space is in front of your neighbours kitchen window....It's a bit disappointing seen as they are double fronted houses and makes sense to have your spaces outside your own house...sign of bad planning! We asked the foreman (he's a very nice and reasonable guy) but it seems like it's out of his control as it was decided at the planning phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Still crazy prices for terraced houses that don't even have a driveway! But you're right though that won't be the last price hike. Think I'll wait for the next property crash 😆

435k for 4 bed end of terrace per myhome. 5 bed semi's in moyglare hall which are reasonably big were 415k in May last year. 440k for a 5 bed detached. With your own driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

Anyone got any update on move in dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dfd84

Finishing foreman suggested end of month for first people to move in. We are waiting to do our resnag.
    HOCR wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RYEL

We haven't had any further contact since signing contracts.

So far I have resisted the urge so far to pester the ea with calls. :)

RYEL wrote: »
    We haven't had any further contact since signing contracts.

So far I have resisted the urge so far to pester the ea with calls. :)

Phoned them Monday, just for an update as we also hadn't heard from then since we signed contracta. Got thru to Will Coonan who said they were preparing to close on the first houses (facing Carton Wood). Nothing specific date-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

Hi,we got completion notice,on Monday.Gave us 2 weeks to do snag list.No moving in date just yet.

Hi all,

Anyone else going through the process of arranging house insurance prior to mortgage drawdown? Could anyone provide any advice on how you calculate rebuild cost for house insurance purposes?

Mharding wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone else going through the process of arranging house insurance prior to mortgage drawdown? Could anyone provide any advice on how you calculate rebuild cost for house insurance purposes?

Hi, if you are getting a mortgage the reinstatement value or rebuild cost will be stated on the bank valuation which you will have carried out, usually a bank will require these figures to match so you would need to have bank valuation done prior to finalising your insurance.

Cool, thanks for that!

Has anyone got a closing date yet?

Well we got notice of completion of works so pretty much once we dew down the mortgage, then we'll get our keys!! What about yourself? Which side of the development have u bought in?

Mharding wrote: »
    Well we got notice of completion of works so pretty much once we dew down the mortgage, then we'll get our keys!! What about yourself? Which side of the development have u bought in?

Facing Maynooth. Great to hear that such progress is being made. Can't wait to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tomrogic

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone to do the snag list? Someone that did a good job?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Lads I think carton wood/carton grove are open...gates gone on carton wood and there's an entrance to carton grove down the back of it! We had to put off our drawdown until next due to unforeseen circumstances (non house related) , so we should get the keys next week! We had our life and home insurance ready to go so when the solicitor sent the request for the cheque we were ready to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dhlane

Hi, We are hoping to sign for the house tomorrow or Friday at the latest so hope to have the keys by the end of the week. We used <snip> for our snag and Stephen was very good.

markjmc wrote: »
    Facing Maynooth. Great to hear that such progress is being made. Can't wait to get in.

I'm facing phase 2 and have just been told by foreman it's likely another 2 months. I have to be out of my current house 28th October then I'm homeless, no idea what I'm going to do

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tomchats

Hi all, Is the street lighting turned on in Carton Grove? Please push the developer for your units.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dhlane

Hi, we got the keys to our house last week and have been getting work done prior to moving in. There was work completed on the street lights during the week and i believe they are now waiting on the ESB to do their bit. As of last night there was still no street lighting turned on.

Anyone else getting the fob off by the foreman. So annoyed we are selling and moving and were told by their Solicitors all along we would be completed by end of September, we built in a months grace into our contracts with our purchaser for the end of Oct to allow for delays. Now foreman saying could be end of Nov, can't get a straight answer, i can't understand why they didn't just give a realistic date to begin with as I wouldn't be homeless at the end of this month I could have stayed in my current house longer. Had arranged to meet us today to get in and view our house, when we arrived we rang him and he says he's too busy, didn't even have the courtesy to meet us face to face.

We hope to get our keys to the house next week perhaps. We will push for street lighting. Wasn't aware there were issues there though!

Hey

We haven't had these kinds of issues with the foreman. We found him fine to this point. Sorry to hear about your troubles. A bit more transparency would certainly be helpful. If you aren't having luck going through the foreman, maybe try going through the EA instead? I hope you will get answers soon!
    Anyone else getting the fob off by the foreman. So annoyed we are selling and moving and were told by their Solicitors all along we would be completed by end of September, we built in a months grace into our contracts with our purchaser for the end of Oct to allow for delays. Now foreman saying could be end of Nov, can't get a straight answer, i can't understand why they didn't just give a realistic date to begin with as I wouldn't be homeless at the end of this month I could have stayed in my current house longer. Had arranged to meet us today to get in and view our house, when we arrived we rang him and he says he's too busy, didn't even have the courtesy to meet us face to face.

dhlane wrote: »
    Hi, we got the keys to our house last week and have been getting work done prior to moving in. There was work completed on the street lights during the week and i believe they are now waiting on the ESB to do their bit. As of last night there was still no street lighting turned on.

Got ours also, such a good feeling!

• Advertisement

Got ours also, such a good feeling!

Could I ask what side of the development people getting keys are for.

Advertisement