Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bassplayed

I got called yesterday I’ve been assigned to An Garda Siochana pending vetting and My OOM is 35. Any idea what working in AGS would entail?

Really? I'm doing Garda Vetting at the moment but haven't heard anything about where I might be assigned.

Just being devil's advocate here but are you sure it's not that you've been referred to the Garda National Vetting Bureau?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Throwdown

I got called yesterday I’ve been assigned to An Garda Siochana pending vetting and My OOM is 35. Any idea what working in AGS would entail?

Congratulations!! Any indication as to when you'll start?

I've a friend who works there, don't know the ins and outs due to NDA's but he enjoys it, says it's interesting work. Was actually hoping for AGS myself but I'm in the 600s, fingers crossed though. Glad they've started the placements anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

No they told me on the phone and it stays in the email I received that I’m being assigned to An Garda Siochana. Anybody know where you are based is it in a Garda Station!”?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭sully123

lass1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I sat the 2nd test this morning .am I the only one who struggled with the numerical section?.
    Anyway good luck to all

Yes, I was there at 2 o'clock.
    Found it much more difficult than the familiarisation material.

But as pointed at by others, it seems the verbal is the important part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bassplayed

No they told me on the phone and it stays in the email I received that I’m being assigned to An Garda Siochana. Anybody know where you are based is it in a Garda Station!”?

Thanks for that, I was just checking.
    It is strange that you have been told what you will be doing and I haven't even though we're at the same stage just a few numbers apart!

Theoretically you could be working in a station but there's also the Ombudsman etc. Which is probably more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 nice1guy

Congrats! Did they tell you the location or do you have to wait to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

You could be in Garda HQ in the Phoenix Park or as a civilian working in one of the Garda stations. Wherever you are based the work will still be clerical in nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sanie1206

Big congrats, hope it works out well for you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

You could be based in any station in Dublin or HQ in Phoenix Park. You'd be doing admin work. Most big stations have a CO or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pickysue

Congratulations on your posting in GS!! Can I ask you is your OOM of 35 where you were placed in the second stage or is it a new one from the interview?

• Advertisement

The Garda Ombudsman hire their own clerical staff through PAS separately from GS..it’s individual stations and Headquarters in the Phoenix Park which employs COs

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭drone22432

Pickysue wrote: »
    Congratulations on your posting in GS!! Can I ask you is your OOM of 35 where you were placed in the second stage or is it a new one from the interview?

It hasn't changed
    'As previously indicated, you will retain the order of merit place from Stage 2 supervised tests. Should vacancies arise and your place be reached, we will contact you'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

Hi guys, I have my literacy and numeracy tests tomorrow. I’m coming straight from work they won’t let me take the day off and long story short I have less then an hour to make my way in so I won’t be able to change clothes.

I’ll be extremely casual (runners, sports wear etc.) would this be ok or should I try change before I go in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

trudy2222 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have my literacy and numeracy tests tomorrow. I’m coming straight from work they won’t let me take the day off and long story short I have less then an hour to make my way in so I won’t be able to change clothes.

I’ll be extremely casual (runners, sports wear etc.) would this be ok or should I try change before I go in?

I'm going tomorrow from work be wearing cons, jeans and t-shirt... Says wear whats comfortable on the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

No requirement to dress up at all. Don’t fret about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

trudy2222 wrote: »

Its irrelevant what you wear. You’re only there to sit the tests. Just wear whatever your comfortable in. Maybe something that you can remove Incase you get too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

You could be in hq or in a station. All stations have clerical staff. I'm in a small one and we have two EOs and 4 Cos. I was previously in a bigger station which had 20+ clerical staff

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

Has anyone heard any results back from last weeks interviews? 😬

No had mine on the 17th and I’m starting to get worried 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

Pickysue wrote: »
    No had mine on the 17th and I’m starting to get worried 😟

Think is usually around 2-3 weeks anyways so i wouldnt worry i only had mine on the 23rd but im getting seriously nervous as the days pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 V_moore

I’m Batch 2, Oom 201 from the exam, I was wondering has anyone from batch two been called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Catalan69

EllG wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any results back from last weeks interviews? 😬
    Had mine on the 16th. They said 2_3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

V_moore wrote: »
    I’m Batch 2, Oom 201 from the exam, I was wondering has anyone from batch two been called for interview?

They are currently interviewing the last few people in Batch 1. So perhaps they might start Batch 2 next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Loveache

Does anyone know if you pass the interview roughly how long it takes to be placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭drone22432

Loveache wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you pass the interview roughly how long it takes to be placed?

Only one person has mentioned being placed so far . His OOM was 35 . I'm 523 in Batch 1 and expect to be called in late summer/august no real idea till they start calling lots of people

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

V_moore wrote: »

Batch 2 OOM circa number 60. Have been called to interview in two weeks. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KtodaT

EllG wrote: »
    Think is usually around 2-3 weeks anyways so i wouldnt worry i only had mine on the 23rd but im getting seriously nervous as the days pass

I had mine on the 23rd too. Best of luck :)
    It seemed OK - I had an older lady and gent and I think I waffled enough. How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

Hi all, has anyone who had there’s on the 16th heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mulligan11

Leela82 wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone who had there’s on the 16th heard anything?

I was on 15th, still have not heard yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Loveache wrote: »

Unfortunately its a case of how long is a piece of string.

There is no requirement for X number to be placed over a certain period of time. However the higher up the panel you are the quicker you will be placed in a role.

Advertisement