Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

In the interviews do they ask for a CV or what's the craic been a while since I did one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Moving2017

In the interviews do they ask for a CV or what's the craic been a while since I did one up.

They do not, you fill in a form which you are sent when you are called to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wenji71

Hi does anyone know to date what OOM number they are up to regarding placing candidates who have passed interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

wenji71 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know to date what OOM number they are up to regarding placing candidates who have passed interview?

They have not placed anyone yet.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Maggieclerical

I rang them yesterday evening, I'm oom 267 in batch 1, lady on the phone said they had started working off of 2017 panel and I should hear from them in next 4 to 6 weeks, if not ring public jobs for an update. When you say no one has been placed what does that mean? As in nobody has started waiting for Garda vetting but they know what department they have? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Moving2017

I rang them yesterday evening, I'm oom 267 in batch 1, lady on the phone said they had started working off of 2017 panel and I should hear from them in next 4 to 6 weeks, if not ring public jobs for an update. When you say no one has been placed what does that mean? As in nobody has started waiting for Garda vetting but they know what department they have? Thanks :)

It means that no one from the panel has been placed in a Department or job yet. Ie. Number 1 is still awaiting placement.

Hi can anyone who has done the interview please advise regarding supplementary form, would you have to give detail of every job or course since leaving school? In my case I am going back a fair bit ,:) over 26 years. I had so many short jobs and some gaps on CV as I was unsure what I really wanted to do in life and worry that it might not look too good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pickysue

I went back as far as 2000 and in the box for information relating to supporting evidence I gave a brief outline of my previous employment up to then - they seemed happy enough with that...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

I feel my interview went really well. However, I only say that because the interview panel were so nice and friendly and gave me no indication as to whether any of my responses were, in fact, inappropriate. Is there anyone out there who might have been caught out in this way, expecting success but getting a thumbs down in the end?

• Advertisement

That's very helpful I will do that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭sully123

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    The original question was in relation to which batch you would fall into.

Your original OOM from stage one decides which batch you are in. Then you are assigned a new OOM after stage two. Batch one consisted of people with an original OOM below around 1800. Batch two consisted of those with original OOM's between around 1800-2500. I don't think batch 3 have been called in for their tests yet.

Once you sit the in-house test you are assigned a new OOM which ranks you against those within your own batch.

I guess I am in batch 3. OOM from Stage one was 3377.

I am going in for the test on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Pickysue wrote: »
    Had my interview this morning..They were lovely and very good at putting me at ease..Felt like they were doing everything they could to point me in the right direction answer wise.. can anyone tell me if I’m successful does my OOM change to reflect how I did in the interview or stay the same?

It stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭drone22432

wenji71 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone who has done the interview please advise regarding supplementary form, would you have to give detail of every job or course since leaving school? In my case I am going back a fair bit ,:) over 26 years. I had so many short jobs and some gaps on CV as I was unsure what I really wanted to do in life and worry that it might not look too good :)

I don't think people understand what the form is tbh . The form isn't really for you it's for the interviewer to ask you questions in the interview . The last thing the interviewer wants is to see your employment history for the last 26 years . He wants to see 2-3 recent relevant employments where you have clearly demonstrated the relevant compentencys. Also the last thing you want is the interviewer asking you about a job you did 10 - 15 years ago that you can't really remember doing . It might be worth including some customer service experience from the past

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cuddly79

Just finished my interview there. The lady said we would find out 2 weeks from Friday weither we passed the interview stage or not. I’m not really sure how it went, i’m not sure I was prepared enough. I suppose it’s in the hand of the gods now.
    It was an older man and woman that interviewed me. Both seemed lovely and are good at putting you at ease.
    Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone who has done or is doing the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

cuddly79 wrote: »
    Just finished my interview there. The lady said we would find out 2 weeks from Friday weither we passed the interview stage or not. I’m not really sure how it went, i’m not sure I was prepared enough. I suppose it’s in the hand of the gods now.
    It was an older man and woman that interviewed me. Both seemed lovely and are good at putting you at ease.
    Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone who has done or is doing the interview

Was the older man called Eoghan? If so, seems like pair who interviewed me. And I passed but had no idea from interview if I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cuddly79

labrik wrote: »
    Was the older man called Eoghan? If so, seems like pair who interviewed me. And I passed but had no idea from interview if I had.

No it was Pat and Roma. The two of them were lovely though.

I had Seamus, I think that was his name, and Beryl. They were both so nice. Really put me at ease

Yes that makes sense to be honest. I am just going to put most recent and then a summary in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Maggieclerical

Hi All,
    Anybody any ideas what departments in Dublin are the most in demand for clerical officers? I know I'm probably picking at straw's but would be nice to have some idea where one could be placed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

I had my interview. Don't know why but my nerves kicked in badly. Interviewers were nice and friendly. Feel like I ruined it because of my nerves. So worried now. Hope everyone else done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

I had my interview. Don't know why but my nerves kicked in badly. Interviewers were nice and friendly. Feel like I ruined it because of my nerves. So worried now. Hope everyone else done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Hi
    I sat the 2nd test this morning .am I the only one who struggled with the numerical section?.
    Anyway good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bassplayed

lass1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I sat the 2nd test this morning .am I the only one who struggled with the numerical section?.
    Anyway good luck to all

Don't think you're alone there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Hi
    Anyway good luck to all

You only need to pass the numerical section, it has no bearing on the new OOM that you will be assigned, that is decided by your verbal reasoning results.

Myself and many others did not finish the numerical section and still passed.

Hi
    Anyway good luck to all

I only answered 3 or 4 of the questions and gave up. In fact I panicked so much that had I been sitting near the door I believe I would have bolted....
    When it was over I remembered that I only needed 6 to pass and I was raging that I didn’t just tick the boxes and hope for the best...However I must have gotten at least 6 right as I did pass.

Hopefully you have done better than you think too......

Hi
    Anyway good luck to all

Were they like the same ones that are the sample ones online or totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Were they like the same ones that are the sample ones online or totally different.

Hi they were very similar. I practiced for these but still struggled :-(
    Good luck if your sitting your test

Hi they were very similar. I practiced for these but still struggled :-(
    Good luck if your sitting your test

Doing it on Friday thanks.

Hopefully you did better than you thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I got called yesterday I’ve been assigned to An Garda Siochana pending vetting and My OOM is 35. Any idea what working in AGS would entail?

Advertisement