Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can the book be beaten... here for a year.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

kiers47 wrote: »
    To add to that.
    Id be surprised if there wasn't 50/1 available on the day or the day before after final decs considering the profile and the ones ahead of him in the betting.

This prediction is unlikely to pull through after the Qatar racing manager gave him a good mention in an interview to the RP. Still 50s available in a few spots.
    Likely to disappear today I'd say.

This prediction is unlikely to pull through after the Qatar racing manager gave him a good mention in an interview to the RP. Still 50s available in a few spots.

Shortened to 33 on PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It is situated on Whitehawk Hill, on the edge of the South Downs about four hundred feet above sea level and a mile from the coast. The track takes the form of a horseshoe one and a half miles in length. This makes it one of the few British courses not to form a complete circuit, like Epsom with which Brighton is sometimes compared. The finishing straight is about four furlongs in length, with a steep descent followed by a slightly less steep climb to the winning post. It is a left-handed course, used for flat racing only. The longest race run today is 1 1/2 miles. However, the course used to extend a further half mile across the golf course towards Roedean. This made four mile races possible, starting at the winning post and going the reverse way round the track, then looping at the two mile start and returning the conventional way.[1] Hurdle races were also formerly held at Brighton, with one being situated on the steep downhill.[

RAID ALL BLUE TODAY on oddschecker.
    WILL PROBABLY END UP 20s OR 25s

Race sponsor Sheikh Fahad is set to have two runners in a bid to land the Qipco 2,000 Guineas for the first time – and it was the outsider of his duo, rather than the shorter-priced Roaring Lion, whose praises were being sung by the owner’s racing manager David Redvers on Wednesday.
    Speaking at a launch lunch for the two-day Guineas festival at the Rowley Mile, Redvers asked fellow panellist, bet365's Pat Cooney, for an each-way bet on Greenham Stakes fourth Raid.
    After being quoted 50-1 for the David Simcock-trained runner, Redvers said: "I'll have £100 each-way as this is the dark horse of the race for me and he worked excellently this morning.
    "He was last off the bridle in the Greenham and then blew up in the last 50 yards. David has real confidence in him and I could absolutely see him finishing in the frame."

BIG talk up indeed. 25/1 with Powers and Betfair.

Wonder if he runs really well, will he be supplemented for the Derby as Jerry could not believe he was not entered with a dosage of 0.41.

• Advertisement

1.50 1m1f (Row) Spring Lodge Stakes (Handicap) (Formerly The Suffolk Stakes) (Class 2) (3yo+)

Breden 2pts e/w 16/1

Firstly the fav has a terrible record in this race, 0/12. The fav Sharja Bridge has not run for for 232 days plus the bad record the favs have in the race I think we will take him on.

Some of the fancied horses are having their first run in this, Tricorn has not run for 296 days and Brorocco has not run for 217 days and has never won first time out.

Bryden has had a prep run at Lingfield last week where he flew home after being hampered beaten a head and a head. He has raced 16 times and been in the first 3 places, 8 times. However if you look closer at his form, he has raced 3 times at Newmarket resulting in two wins and a close 4th where again he did not get the clearest of rides.

Obviously the horse needs to be held up and covered up so we will need a bit of luck in running but I do think we have the right jock on board, Ms Hayley Turner. There will be very little lead in the saddle if any, she managed to do 8st somewhere over the last 12 months and I think she is the perfect jock for this horse.

Ok the horse is 8yrs old and has had some problems but its record at Newmarket and the price makes this a bet for me.

Jerry

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

del roy wrote: »
    1.50 1m1f (Row) Spring Lodge Stakes (Handicap) (Formerly The Suffolk Stakes) (Class 2) (3yo+)

Bryden 2pts e/w 16/1

Firstly the fav has a terrible record in this race, 0/12. The fav Sharja Bridge has not run for for 232 days plus the bad record the favs have in the race I think we will take him on.

Some of the fancied horses are having their first run in this, Tricorn has not run for 296 days and Brorocco has not run for 217 days and has never won first time out.

Bryden has had a prep run at Lingfield last week where he flew home after being hampered beaten a head and a head. He has raced 16 times and been in the first 3 places, 8 times. However if you look closer at his form, he has raced 3 times at Newmarket resulting in two wins and a close 4th where again he did not get the clearest of rides.

Obviously the horse needs to be held up and covered up so we will need a bit of luck in running but I do think we have the right jock on board, Ms Hayley Turner. There will be very little lead in the saddle if any, she managed to do 8st somewhere over the last 12 months and I think she is the perfect jock for this horse.

Ok the horse is 8yrs old and has had some problems but its record at Newmarket and the price makes this a bet for me.

Jerry

Think Horse is listed as Breden on powers. Still on SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

Yeh. It took me about 20 minutes to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

It’s listed at 16’s on 365.

I can't find this race at all on PP, what am I missing?

• Advertisement

I can't find this race at all on PP, what am I missing?

1.50 newmarket on Saturday. 20/1 on PP.

2.40 masham star 2pts e/w 12/1 OR 91

Mark Johnson has not had a runner in this race for 5 years. He runs two in this race tomorrow. The last 5 running's of this race has produced two 4yr old winners and a 4yr old was second in each of the other races. The last five running's of this race the first three home were drawn

14, 6, 7
    5, 4, 15
    9, 12, 10
    5, 7, 1
    7, 6, 4

The stats show 10 of the last 15 horses placed were drawn below stall 10. Its a hard course to get cover in a race and Gossiping who won it last year from stall 14 could of stopped for a pint and a smoke such was the burst of speed he showed to win.

I think Masham Star will just fall in and try travel 2 or 3 lenghts of the leaders then pounce late on or he could front run with such a great draw. He has run two races at Goodwood already, they were also two big fields 19 runner and 17 runner races. He finished 5th and 6th in both races. The winners of Mashams races were rated 101 and 103. Johnson has the top rated Loves Dream 100 keeping the weights down for our horse (I hope) and he has to give our horse 9LB. Also when Masham Star was a beaten 6th (3+1/4l) the first six home that day were drawn

1st..drawn 3
    2nd..drawn 6
    3rd..drawn 2
    4th..drawn 7
    5th..drawn 10
    6th..drawn 18 Masham star
    7th..drawn 4

18 ran.

12/1 A VERY FAIR PRICE.

Saturday bets

1.50 Breden 2pt e/w 16/1
    2.40 Masham star 2pts e/w 12/1
    3.35 Raid 2pts e/w 50/1

Lets hope we get some kind of return tomorrow.

Jerry

1.50 Breden 2pt e/w 16/1 into 12/1 with powers
    2.40 Masham star 2pts e/w 12/1 into 7/1
    3.35 Raid 2pts e/w 50/1

a few quid for the first two bets.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    1.50 newmarket on Saturday. 20/1 on PP.

12/1 now

1.50 Breden 2pt e/w 16/1 into 12/1 with powers 5th 20/1

Can't get nearer without collecting, don't like slagging jockey's but Hayley gave that horse an awful lot to do, thought at one stage she would grab 3rd or 4th.

Not to be.

I hope the trainer two entries curse is not about to strike again with Love Dreams.

20 bets
    2 winners
    +46.2pts

bad day at blackrock.

5.20 Grecian Spirit 2pts e/w 14/1

I like races were the fav wins the race and the second fav is 2nd, when that happens they were mostly true run races. In Grecian's case he was 3rd in races with that senario. He then ran 2nd to a well backed 4/7 shot, infact all three races that Grecian ran in were won by odds on favs.
    The step back upto 1m2f looks like it should suit on breeding. The trainer had a very quite year in 2017 with only 34 winners all season, he is however faring much better this season with 10 winners on the board already from 53 runners, he has also had 15 2nd places and 7 3rd places.Thats 32 placed horses from 53 runners albeit lower class races.

Luke morris doing 8st 4, plus the fact Luke won 2 of the 6 richest races this trainer ever won.

14/1 looks fair enough.

Jerry.

3.50 minella scamp 4/1 3pts win

info stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

1.50 Breden 2pt e/w 16/1 into 12/1 with powers 5th 20/1

Can't get nearer without collecting, don't like slagging jockey's but Hayley gave that horse an awful lot to do, thought at one stage she would grab 3rd or 4th.

Not to be.

I hope the trainer two entries curse is not about to strike again with Love Dreams.

Hi Del

Are you sure PP paid five places?

Thanks

razorhead wrote: »
    Hi Del

Are you sure PP paid five places?

Thanks

No Razor they didn't. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

No Razor they didn't. :o

You had me a wee bit excited earlier, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

3.50 minella scamp 4/1 3pts win

info stuff

Booom nice winner

Booom nice winner

Yes some losses back from yesterday

22 bets
    3 winners
    +54.2pts

5.35 Aussie Valentine 2pts e/w 12/1
    AV has humped some weights around Naas in his five years of racing. He finished 3rd in the Lincoln here at Naas. Two years ago he tried to give Marshall Jennings 10LB and was beaten 2 and 1/4 lenghts. Tomorrow Marshall Jennings has to give AV 13LB. thats just the different direction both horses went up and down the handicap. He is also hugely better off at the weights with Katiymann who beat him in Leopardstown when AA was trying to give him 10LB.

Ok he is only 2 wins from 26 races however he was placed in no fewer than 14 of them races. He seems to run well at Naas, he is a strong traveller and hopefully the better ground brings out a small bit of improvement for his recent new trainer Mr McGUINNESS who is a dab hand with handicappers mostly.

On to the Oaks.

Friday 1st June 2018
    The Oaks…..Wild Illusion 16/1 2pts e/w

I think this is a seriously good filly. Her 3yr old form reads 131. I am really interested in colts and filly’s who win over the mile distance at the young edge of two.
    Her 2yr old form reads 131. She started her career at Yarmouth of all places where she made all and duly won. Comments of race were
    Made all, ridden over 2f out, driven over 1f out, going best after and stayed on well, comfortably (op 5/2). The form of the race has not worked out great with only the second horse winning so far.

On to Chantilly for the Prix d'Aumale (Group 3) (2yo Fillies) (Turf) 5 runners. Wild illusion went off 7/2. They decided to give her some cover in the small field of five runners. Two things may have happened that day
    1. She hated being held up.
    2. She just did not run her race that day for whatever reason.
    She was only beaten 1L 3/4L.
    They must have went home and realised they did the wrong thing by holding her up. Three weeks later they supplemented her for the Total Prix Marcel Boussac - Criterium des Pouliches (Group 1) (2yo Fillies) (Turf).
    Here’s what the post say
    However, Appleby has seen an improvement in her form at home and after a meeting with Sheikh Mohammed the call was made to roll the dice and supplement the filly.
    Under a positive James Doyle ride, that gamble paid off spectacularly, as the daughter of Dubawi led early in the home straight before staying on stoutly for a 25-1 success over the previously unbeaten Polydream.
    “She came forward a lot for her last run and we were delighted with her at home," said Appleby. "I spoke to his highness in depth about her and he said, 'Go for it, if you're happy with the horse'."

Fast forward to the races James Doyle takes the lead as soon as the stalls open, makes all and wins by 1L and ¾ beating France’s big hope, the unbeaten Polydream.

Make no mistake to do what she did at 2yrs old to some very well bred horses over a mile when her pedigree is packed with stamina gives her a big shout in this year’s oaks. Also her win was a second faster than the Oaks fav Happily who is 6/1. Wild Illusion has a dosage index of 0.50 which is excellent.

I am not mad on her for the 1000 Guineas as her stamina at 2yrs of age helped her beat the well bred milers but it will be much tougher as a 3yr old
    They say the guineas is the best trial for the Derby and Oaks so let’s see if she tries to make all the running and more importantly will she be passed.

This is an ante post bet if the horse does not run we lose our money.

Jerry

I am not too worried over the result today as I did say her stamina let her handle the milers last year but it would be much tougher against the 3yr olds. I see Powers have pushed her out to 16s while bet365 and w.hills have her at 10s. I don't know how big a field it will be but I hope she gets to make the running.

Jerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I assume you mean Aussie Valentine?

Its the right race,price and trainer so I assumed so.

I'm enjoying the puzzle part of these tips!

YES. COPY AND PASTED FROM Jerry.

Thanks lads.

YES. COPY AND PASTED FROM Jerry.

Thanks lads.

Makes it fun! Also means bots can't easily scrape the info.

• Advertisement

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Its the right race,price and trainer so I assumed so.

I'm enjoying the puzzle part of these tips!

Jay
    this way Jerry has most of the field covered.

Anyway someone awhile back was wondering how Jerrys "info only" tips were doing. It won't take long to find out who to follow. :D

Advertisement