Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

killanena wrote: »
    I personally can't fault any of the changes, even though my main lifeline and main weapon the wingman are getting nerfed. They needed it. I dont think it was a slight chance of lifeline getting purple armor. There was a piece in nearly every drop and if you get lucky and find a lot of ultimat accelerants you could gear up very quickly.

Glad they didn't touch my favourite thing about her though, they faster heals and shield recharges :)

gold is level four. you could grab gold lids and chest plates from the start whiuch was op as you force ult accelerant into her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I dont think it was a slight chance of lifeline getting purple armor. There was a piece in nearly every drop and if you get lucky and find a lot of ultimat accelerants you could gear up very quickly.

Thats the whole point of her ult though, her ults pretty useless outside the armour/helms she can get from drops. The only thing i use her ult for late game is trying to squish enemies for a laugh, without good items dropping from it, its fairly pointless, all it will be good for is giving your position away to everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

nix wrote: »
    Thats the whole point of her ult though, her ults pretty useless outside the armour/helms she can get from drops. The only thing i use her ult for late game is trying to squish enemies for a laugh, without good items dropping from it, its fairly pointless, all it will be good for is giving your position away to everybody.

Thats one side, another is that you can use it to bait groups into an ambush. Throw an arch star and a few nades when they open it. Easy kills.
    Also the all the legendary loot drops from it, incl weapons, attachments, backpacks, knockdown shields. Health and Shield regen too.

Thats one side, another is that you can use it to bait groups into an ambush. Throw an arch star and a few nades when they open it. Easy kills.
    Also the all the legendary loot drops from it, incl weapons, attachments, backpacks, knockdown shields. Health and Shield regen too.

Not anymore. They patched it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They only removed gold loot from it, which I rarely saw. Anyways, you don't use Lifeline for the ult, you use it for the 25% quicker healing and the quick-resses on your team mates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Her Ult is great early game for getting Purple or Gold gear (I mained her almost all the time and got a couple of the super gold shotgun drops) - give her all the accelerants you can find and get that drop as quick as you can. Late game, it's great for the afore mentioned traps or misdirection - if you're down to 3 or 4 teams in a medium sized circle, you can drop it and people will flock.

You could never get weapons from her drops and the rest of the stuff is easily attainable and littered everywhere :(

Regarding ambushing, its easy to tell whats player summoned and whats a random map summoned. Also its hard to set up an ambush when you're alerting multiple teams, pinchy pinchy :pac:

And yeah i know Lifelines passive abilites are great, but its her "Ult" it shouldnt be complete meh :(

You could never get weapons from her drops and the rest of the stuff is easily attainable and littered everywhere :(

Regarding ambushing, its easy to tell whats player summoned and whats a random map summoned. Also its hard to set up an ambush when you're alerting multiple teams, pinchy pinchy :pac:

And yeah i know Lifelines passive abilites are great, but its her "Ult" it shouldnt be complete meh :(

I have a memory of getting weapons in the first week of it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Don't think i've ever seen weapons from them. Only Scopes, Shields, Health, Armor and Helmets

Yeah its something I've noticed and has been confirmed from the get go, her packages contained the same as the normal drops except the weapons (Kraber/Mastiff).

I was just thinking, considering shes a medic, i think it would be best to just let her spawn healing items from the drops, but full stacks. Like you could get a package with 3 batteries, 6 syringes and a Phoenix kit. It would make her ult useful for the whole game in a lot more cases, and be helpful in helping restock a team mate who has been revived.

• Advertisement

Yeah its something I've noticed and has been confirmed from the get go, her packages contained the same as the normal drops except the weapons (Kraber/Mastiff).

I was just thinking, considering shes a medic, i think it would be best to just let her spawn healing items from the drops, but full stacks. Like you could get a package with 3 batteries, 6 syringes and a Phoenix kit. It would make her ult useful for the whole game in a lot more cases, and be helpful in helping restock a team mate who has been revived.
    Not for me tbh. I've been fed ult accelerant and purple up the members of my team an awful lot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I always found tons of Ult accelerators but never used them. Reading this about lifeline and thinking that's a great use. Now I can't find any :)

Same with sniper sticks and optics, trip over them until you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

nix wrote:
    You could never get weapons from her drops and the rest of the stuff is easily attainable and littered everywhere

nix wrote:
    Regarding ambushing, its easy to tell whats player summoned and whats a random map summoned. Also its hard to set up an ambush when you're alerting multiple teams, pinchy pinchy

nix wrote:
    And yeah i know Lifelines passive abilites are great, but its her "Ult" it shouldnt be complete meh

Legendary weapons drop from it, and yes using it as a trap does work. Done it enough times to know. Take the high ground somewhere a team is likely go pass to get to the next circle, call it in. Wait and most of the time someone greedy for loot will come along and just lob an ark star down. Then suddenly its a 3v2. Very rare to get a whole team on it.

As I said its situational, I never said her ultimate was top tier or anything, just giving an example of how else it can be used.

Legendary weapons drop from it

You can't get legendary weapons from lifelines care packages, you cant get ANY weapon from it...

Apart from it saying it everywhere on the internet and along with the abilities description "Call in a droppod full of high quality defensive gear", I have never seen a legendary weapon in her drops while playing her or being in a team with her in all of my 200 hours playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Played 4 games yesterday, died twice in 30 seconds, and won the other two.
    Lifeline + r301 + g7 + all the accelerant I can find instantly ftw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anybody else getting put on US servers? Pain in the arse having to log out and wait for the server selection option to pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anybody else getting put on US servers? Pain in the arse having to log out and wait for the server selection option to pop up.

I'am, always on Salt Lake City at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Weird, any time I've checked I was on a EU server <30 ping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I've always been pointed to London or Amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Played a few games after work yesterday. Lucky me seemed to get paired with people seeking the single player experience. We'd land together then when i check my map they've gone off in opposite directions never to be seen again. Dunno what people who do that expect to be honest.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Played a few games after work yesterday. Lucky me seemed to get paired with people seeking the single player experience. We'd land together then when i check my map they've gone off in opposite directions never to be seen again. Dunno what people who do that expect to be honest.
    And when they die they start pinging like mad expecting you to cross half the map to come respawn them. Eh don't think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

fixxxer wrote: »

Ever see an old Rutger hauer film called wedlock? Essentially about a prison, where the inmates had collars around their necks that exploded if they went too far apart. Something like that could work 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

And when they die they start pinging like mad expecting you to cross half the map to come respawn them. Eh don't think so!

Just tell them to f off, and enjoy their raging. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I think that movie inspired the collar bomb heist in 2003

Mod Edit: Eh, not sure this is suitable.

Did I just watched some die

I played a game last night be fairly certain had my first run in with a hacker. A one with the energy rifle took out 3 of us who were spread apart in about 2.5 seconds. Just rifled through us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Had an absolutely mad experience earlier; me and a teammate got killed but luckily she had managed to recover my banner before dying all the remaining dude had to do was deliver to the beacon, unfortunately for me our surviving squad member was a level 4 newb who spent the rest of the game wandering around punching the air and firing aimlessly into the air. He got within 2 steps of a beacon and ignored my pinging. I should have left but I was just fascinated watching his shenanigans. It was obviously one of those games where everyone else went to the same area from the jump because somehow he got to the last two squads. I'd love to have heard the winning teams conversation as they discovered their final enemy standing in the open firing into the air.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Had an absolutely mad experience earlier; me and a teammate got killed but luckily she had managed to recover my banner before dying all the remaining dude had to do was deliver to the beacon, unfortunately for me our surviving squad member was a level 4 newb who spent the rest of the game wandering around punching the air and firing aimlessly into the air. He got within 2 steps of a beacon and ignored my pinging. I should have left but I was just fascinated watching his shenanigans. It was obviously one of those games where everyone else went to the same area from the jump because somehow he got to the last two squads. I'd love to have heard the winning teams conversation as they discovered their final enemy standing in the open firing into the air.

Seen a few too many of them to be honest, pretty sure they are bots.. not sure why people would bot an account though.. maybe its easier to cheat on an account thats got a few levels on it? :confused:

Advertisement