Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

4G ?

Sometimes!
    Im getting 4G now,never got anything like it with meteor,Tesco etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I did have it with tesco when they introduced it recently but I was at my wits end with dropped coverage with them and problems when abroad.

To thine own self be true

I did have it with tesco when they introduced it recently but I was at my wits end with dropped coverage with them and problems when abroad.
    They're not great

• Registered Users Posts: 3 abb55aa

How do you call Vodafone sales ? Whenever I call it is asking me for a phone number.

I got to them on chat and they said in store I can get

Pay as you go,

Vodafone X- Music- €20 (4 weeks) you get 20GB data, 100 minutes, Unlimited texts to any network, Spotify.

Isn't this better than plan offered by phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Keep going worth it,,,, obviously only chat to the N of Ireland guys

NI dealings
    First guy obviously made a hames of my application. Second hung up for no reason. Third attempt transferred straight to customer care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭roadrunnermick

I would like to sign up for this

Is this only for people that are signed up with there broadband ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I would like to sign up for this

Is this only for people that are signed up with there broadband ?

Cheers

No, anyone moving to Vodafone mobile bringing their number from another network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

abb55aa wrote: »
    How do you call Vodafone sales ? Whenever I call it is asking me for a phone number.

press 2 on the prompt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Hi, I've only experience with bill pay.
    Can you credit your prepay balance, with the likes of 100 hundred euro, so don't have to remember to top up every 28 days, or has it to be a new top up every 28 days? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Jb1989

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Top up every 28 days
    If you’re likely to forget or can’t be bothered with the hassle go for Vodafone X deal instead

Will check this x deal. Thank you

• Advertisement

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Top up every 28 days
    If you’re likely to forget or can’t be bothered with the hassle go for Vodafone X deal instead

X is good too,keep meaning to go for it but something came up the last 2 month s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

X also requires top up every 4 weeks in the same way as Data User so there's no advantage in that regard.

X is easier to opt in to, Data User requires a bit more work.

X takes your top up. Data User let's you keep your top up.

There is an auto top option but for Data User you still need to buy calls add on each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Auto top up is flawless, you never need to remember, set and forget it's practically the same as bill pay.

For calls, yes you have to buy a package (unlimited for €15 or 100 for €5, each for 30 days) but this is easily done via the Vodafone app. In the app you can see minutes and time remaining, or you could wait until the day you can't make a call and top up then.

For me the cost of the plan plus the quality of coverage and speed of data far, far outweighs a tiny job every 30 or so days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So does the auto-top up go through on the same calendar day, so make sure you opt into the plan? Or is it every 28 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

Genghis wrote: »
    Auto top up is flawless, you never need to remember, set and forget it's practically the same as bill pay.

For calls, yes you have to buy a package (unlimited for €15 or 100 for €5, each for 30 days) but this is easily done via the Vodafone app. In the app you can see minutes and time remaining, or you could wait until the day you can't make a call and top up then.

For me the cost of the plan plus the quality of coverage and speed of data far, far outweighs a tiny job every 30 or so days.

That’s good but do you need to turn off data before too-up day as Vodafone can not guarantee what time auto-top up occurs so you could be paying for data by per day after midnight.
    That’s why I have don’t have auto-top up enabled.
    Maybe i should and just remember to turn off data night before.

Open to correction...

Auto top is set for 28 day interval.

Because the plan runs out at midnight on day 29 you should in theory always be within the bounds of the plan dates when auto top up occurs as long as it goes through correctly.

Does anyone know what time of day auto top up happens? Working hours, midnight or some other arbitrary time? As long as it's well before midnight on day 29, you should be covered.

With manual top you can get up to 29 days use but if you don't want the hassle then auto top is convenient.

You still need to buy calls add on manually regardless of top up method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

deep1 wrote: »
    That’s good but do you need to turn off data before too-up day as Vodafone can not guarantee what time auto-top up occurs so you could be paying for data by per day after midnight.
    That’s why I have don’t have auto-top up enabled.
    Maybe i should and just remember to turn off data night before.

Ha?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Giving this a go right now. Requested a sim from Eir last Thursday which arrived this morning.

I've just gone through their online porting procedure.

As soon as I'm on Eir I'll be following the instructions from https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107784419&postcount=1066

I'll be back when it's all complete. The clock starts now. Thanks to everyone for the instructions along the way!

Giving this a go right now. Requested a sim from Eir last Thursday which arrived this morning.

I've just gone through their online porting procedure.

As soon as I'm on Eir I'll be following the instructions from https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107784419&postcount=1066

I'll be back when it's all complete. The clock starts now. Thanks to everyone for the instructions along the way!

Ported completed to Eir at 3 o'clock. Called Vodafone on 1800 595595 and pressed 2. Spoke to a very helpful lady in NI who knew all about the plan. She then called me back within ten minutes and went through the plan. SIM is on the way! So far, so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Hi everyone, have read through this thread in bits and pieces over the last few days.
    Here is my experience.ported my main number from vodafone x to 48 months for cost savings and better reception.
    From time to time my broadband however goes down and used to use my vodafone x sim in router whilst it was down.
    Now that I'm no longer able to do that I would like to use this offer when needed. Is it possible to sign up to this offer and then not use it for month or two and then use my 20€ balance to buy data add-ons every odd month? Or is there a necessity to top up every month in order to not lose this offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Ported completed to Eir at 3 o'clock. Called Vodafone on 1800 595595 and pressed 2. Spoke to a very helpful lady in NI who knew all about the plan. She then called me back within ten minutes and went through the plan. SIM is on the way! So far, so good.

Did you have to top up when you were on Eir to complete the port over?

Nuno wrote: »
    Did you have to top up when you were on Eir to complete the port over?

It's okay, I just did a quick google and found the following link https://www.eir.ie/porting/
    Seems you can do it without spending a penny.

Nuno wrote: »
    It's okay, I just did a quick google and found the following link https://www.eir.ie/porting/step1
    Seems you can do it without spending a penny.

Hope so as I just ported from an eir mobile sim to vodafone without ever using it or topping it up

The links doesn’t work

Link modified, should work now.

...broadband...down and used to use my vodafone x sim in router whilst it was down.
    Now that I'm no longer able to do that...
    Why? Do 48 not allow phone hotspot?

Is it possible to sign up to this offer and then not use it for month or two and then use my 20€ balance to buy data add-ons every odd month?

Yes, no need to top up every month.

You can go up to six months between top ups.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Why? Do 48 not allow phone hotspot?

Yes, top up required within 6 months of last top up.

Assume 48 do allow hotspot but my main broadband is with three so if they go down so do 48. Vf would just be a backup if this happens or if congestion is really bad at weekends etc

SIM has just arrived via Nightline. I just have to wait now until Vodafone complete the port.

SIM has just arrived via Nightline. I just have to wait now until Vodafone complete the port.

Did you get an email from vodafone confirming they dispatched the sim? I signed up yesterday too but no word on the sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

irishchris wrote: »
    Did you get an email from vodafone confirming they dispatched the sim? I signed up yesterday too but no word on the sim?

I don't think anyone gets an email. They just send the sim. I didn't get one anyway.

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »

Didn't get an email.

Port completed at 4.40pm this afternoon. Waiting for the text to say plan has activated. Mobile data is off in the mean time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement