Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2018 Audi e-tron: Audi accepts deposits for electric SUV

Options

Comments

In euros 35 K USD

30,747 + 23% Vat = 37,818 - 5000 Grant =32,818 Euro's

What about VRT ?

5.6 seconds 0-60 Mph is pretty good.

What battery do you get 60 Kwh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

In euros 35 K USD

30,747 + 23% Vat = 37,818 - 5000 Grant =32,818 Euro's

What about VRT ?

5.6 seconds 0-60 Mph is pretty good.

What battery do you get 60 Kwh ?

In 50kWh range i would think

Model 3 is as efficient as Ioniq, on the motorway it will have better range than larger battery Kona

For 2k more you get standard plus, 5.3 secs to 60, top speed 140mph and 240 mile range, up from 220

Should charge at 100kW+

Its the ultimate motorway machine with that efficiency, charge speed and close to 300bhp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I think there will be import taxes as well as its not put together in the Netherlands. Its shipped ready to go from the US.

If thats the case you'll need to add another €3k+ to that price. I'd say in or around the same price as the Kona.... €38k

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah it looks like they are driving fully assembled off the boat. 10% import duty it is so. And VAT on top of that. It will go over €35k so there is a bit of VRT as well, maybe about €500-€600

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

ted1 wrote: »
    The S and X were reduced yesterday, Cash price is 96K for a model X AWD long range. 700 euro cheaper than Audi.

No word on a battery upgrade

Wow!

Well that is interesting - if the X was not so unbelievably ugly it would probably have pushed me over the edge.

what is a 'standard range' S - is that the old P75, or is it the old P90?

• Advertisement

Many of the cheaper Tesla Model S for sale on Autotrader have dropped a grand or two overnight. Three there now with an asking price of GBP35.xxx. Interesting to see what happens. I'm not going to do anything myself until this settles some more...

Trying to place myself in the mind of a prospective Audi buyer here. If I were about to buy a €100k e-Tron (which I preferred over a base Tesla Model X), and now I could buy a ludicrous Tesla Model X for similar money, it could well have changed my mind. Out pace a Ferrari in your 7 seat family MPV is a trick that will never get old :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

unkel wrote: »
    Many of the cheaper Tesla Model S for sale on Autotrader have dropped a grand or two overnight. Three there now with an asking price of GBP35.xxx. Interesting to see what happens. I'm not going to do anything myself until this settles some more...

Trying to place myself in the mind of a prospective Audi buyer here. If I were about to buy a €100k e-Tron (which I preferred over a base Tesla Model X), and now I could buy a ludicrous Tesla Model X for similar money, it could well have changed my mind. Out pace a Ferrari in your 7 seat family MPV is a trick that will never get old :D

All the price drop has shown is the Tesla was overpriced in first place

You are still comparing a Tesla with an Audi. Now they are the same price, the quality of the Audi will always win

It would be interesting if the Tesla was 20k cheaper then I would consider instead of
    Audi.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Shefwedfan wrote: »

You are still comparing a Tesla with an Audi. Now they are the same price, the quality of the Audi will always win

It would be interesting if the Tesla was 20k cheaper then I would consider instead of
    Audi.....

How does it show it was over priced ? An item is priced to what the market can bear.

What mark up is a brand allowed to make ?

There are very high margins on Audi A8 cars as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I believe this is the facility that makes the eTron motors.

Worth a watch to see whats involved in making the electric motor.... its a bit long, maybe turn it on to 1.5 times speed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Audi.....

If they were overpriced then they would not have sold in the volumes that they did sell, his strategy from day one was always the same, high priced saloon, high priced SUV, real price sedan and he's pretty much stuck to it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭spuddy

Hope this guy has enough juice to get home... Nice looking machine in the flesh.

GJotSky_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I love it, if I had the cash in the morning I'd put a deposit on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭agoodusername

Excuse my eyesight, but what country is that reg from?

Looks like Germany? I think that's a "D" in the left below the EU stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Was on the facebook Irish ev group a few days ago. Looks like a D

53356787_2384626491864866_1178378815152324608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=9f55d58034ead2a76b6e892cbf62a476&oe=5D2520DD

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭spuddy

unkel wrote: »
    Looks like Germany? I think that's a "D" in the left below the EU stars.

Yup, a "D" reg :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

200 mile EPA

100k doesn't buy much these days lol

Some machine for the autobahn :)

https://insideevs.com/audi-e-tron-electric-range-epa/

That's shocking. WLTP 399km, EPA 328km

These tests are very similar and thus the results are usually very close. Wonder what happened here? The one thing that does stand out is that the WLTP figure is only published for the most efficient (probably smallest) wheel you can get the car with in Europe. Maybe the car in the US test had much bigger wheels?

For this reason alone, Nyland is immediately selling the wheels of his brand new Model 3 performance and he is getting smaller wheels for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

pathetic
    VAG can't even match the model X thats been out for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Sounds about right as during Bjorn's testdrive the eTron consumed close to 30 kWh/100 km. Which was similar to the eCrafter van he tested although latter is restricted to 90 km/h.

No wonder there have been delays getting this on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mike9832 wrote: »
    200 mile EPA

100k doesn't buy much these days lol

Some machine for the autobahn :)

https://insideevs.com/audi-e-tron-electric-range-epa/

Who cars, it is beautiful and won't fall apart

Majority of these in Ireland will be used by yummy mummies and do 50k a day dropping off hubert to school :P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭uphillonly

Who cars, it is beautiful and won't fall apart

Majority of these in Ireland will be used by yummy mummies and do 50k a day dropping off hubert to school :P:P:P:P:P

Correction: 5k a day.

uphillonly wrote: »
    Correction: 5k a day.

You’d be surprised how much they do. Trip to dundrun , David Lloyd’s , Avoca in Kilmac, powerscourt in Enniskerry all add up. My misses clocks an insane amount pottering around

You’d be surprised how much they do. Trip to dundrun , David Lloyd’s , Avoca in Kilmac, powerscourt in Enniskerry all add up. My misses clocks an insane amount pottering around

Does she work ? sounds like the life of Reilly ! :D

Does she work ? sounds like the life of Reilly ! :D

Nope, she had a boutique but closed it in 2008 when she was first pregnant and the people weren’t buying shoes and bags for €600.

So you could say she’s being in maternity leave for 10 years!!!!

Nope, she had a boutique but closed it in 2008 when she was first pregnant and the people weren’t buying shoes and bags for €600.

So you could say she’s being in maternity leave for 10 years!!!!

She's a lucky Woman, I wouldn't mind not having to go to work and being able to go and do what I want and meet up with friends and spend someone else's money. :D

So it does 330 - 350 odd Kms and can charge at what , 150 Kw ? Doubt many people in Ireland will be concerned over that. I'd be quite happy with that to be honest.

People will be concerned about the reliability of Tesla in the beginning and also where they can go to get repairs etc.

I like the Audi, I always liked German cars, however the Model 3 might convince me to go back away from German cars but I'm not sure I like that minimalist interior and big tablet in my face.

She's a lucky Woman, I wouldn't mind not having to go to work and being able to go and do what I want and meet up with friends and spend someone else's money. :D

Apparently it’s our money and looking after three kids is a job. ;). But I totally agree with you...

• Advertisement

Apparently it’s our money and looking after three kids is a job. ;). But I totally agree with you...

Looking after the Kids is a job alright but compared to dealing with work and the hassle of traffic jams it's a walk in the park.

If they're in school then she's got all day to herself to do what she wants.

When I'm off shift I take care of my 2 Boys 3 yr 4 months and 4 yr 11 months and I love it, they're the best thing in my life and I love spending the time with them and when I'm off I get a taste of what it would be like to be a "housewife" bloody hell it would be great permanently , that's for sure ! :D

My lads are in creche 3 hrs 3 days a week and I don't know my self for the 3 hrs. lol

Some Women don't realise how lucky they are , the privilege of not working for bosses and raising their own kids. It's great.

Coming home to a home cooked meal must be great !

Advertisement