Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2018 Audi e-tron: Audi accepts deposits for electric SUV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Fuel: Strom :D

€101k with metallic paint. Ouch! For comparison Tesla Model X 100D is €121k and is a full size bigger and has 7 seats, is more powerful, a lot faster and has more range.

Autobahn test over 1000km, target and maximum speed 130km/h, Model X 90D vs E-TRON vs I-PACE all have about 84kWh available. Note that in my above Irish price comparison I compare the X 100D!

Pretty shocking stuff:

Tesla 24kWh/100km
    Jag 31kWh/100km
    Audi 31kWh/100km

Auf Deutsch:

So Tesla has 350km range but the other two just 270km from 100% full to completely empty. 100D would have got 390km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

unkel wrote: »
    Autobahn test over 1000km, target and maximum speed 130km/h, Model X 90D vs E-TRON vs I-PACE all have about 84kWh available. Note that in my above Irish price comparison I compare the X 100D!

Pretty shocking stuff:

Tesla 24kWh/100km
    Jag 31kWh/100km
    Audi 31kWh/100km

Auf Deutsch:

So Tesla has 350km range but the other two just 270km from 100% full to completely empty. 100D would have got 390km

Need much bigger batteries for those prices and efficiency

For that money I would want double the Kona battery

120kWh minimum

If your loaded why would you want the hassle of a 100k car that can barely drive 2 hours at motorway speeds?

A 300bhp 3.0tfsi hybrid is surely nice to drive too, its not like 80e a week on petrol is a problem if your buying a 100k motor

Don't see this e-Tron or I-Pace being too popular outside nanny states like Scandinavia etc

Hmmm, premium badge V not premium badge ?

I love Audi's so if I had the cash I'd be buying the Audi over the Tesla and Jag. I bet I'm not alone either.

I love Audi's so if I had the cash I'd be buying the Audi over the Tesla and Jag. I bet I'm not alone either.

Don't really consider Audi as premium anymore, far too common like BMW to be premium these day's

Porsche is the premium Vag brand

• Advertisement

Audi and BMW are Premium badge alright far more premium than Tesla, Tesla may have premium price but they are not premium brand.

Audi and BMW are Premium badge alright far more premium than Tesla, Tesla may have premium price but they are not premium brand.

If common stuff like Audi and BMW are premium so is Tesla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

bf wrote: »
    Up on the Audi.ie configurator now

Cheapest I can make it is €116k (but wouldn't want to pass up on the comfort seats - so really closer to €123k - they are listed as €3.5k, but they insist on adding memory, climate etc which brings them closer to €7k), and even at that I'd be losing quite a few "toys" from my current one (power door closing, 360 camera, DVD player, etc, if I was to add them all then the cost would be over €130k). I also have a feeling I've reduced the range considerably with heating package.

BTW, those wipers with the built in jets should be standard on a car like this.

My audi code if any one is interested: A967N3D0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

€101k with metallic paint. Ouch! For comparison Tesla Model X 100D is €121k and is a full size bigger and has 7 seats, is more powerful, a lot faster and has more range.

It's an Audi...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭ted1

To many fleet cars are Audi’s and BMWs for them to be premium

The Q series and X series may retain premium status.

• Advertisement

Audi all day long, they are a beautiful car and you can feel the quality when driving them......

Just need to sell a kidney and get one :P

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Audi all day long, they are a beautiful car and you can feel the quality when driving them......

Just need to sell a kidney and get one :P

I could really feel the quality of the A3 rental car i had in Lanzarote 3 years ago, would give 2 of my kidney's for that little petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

X100D is EUR 134,584 - where did the 121K figure come from?

Tesla.com website, pick Ireland, and you get €119,200 for the 100 D that's base car without any options ticked. Metallic paint is the guts of €2k, hence €121k

Where did you get €134,584? Seems a strange price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Tesla.com website, pick Ireland, and you get €119,200 for the 100 D that's base car without any options ticked. Metallic paint is the guts of €2k, hence €121k

Looks like you are taking Elon's "after fuel savings" price rather than the cash price?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

you missed a few elements of the fine print...including the VRT not being included, and the price including the Petrol savings.....

the numbers below are copied from the tesla.com website after selecting ireland and relate to a base spec black car.

Model X 100D 119,200
    Destination & Doc Fee 980

VEHICLE PRICE 129,585
    Includes VAT of approx. € 22,472.80.
    Includes Vehicle Registration Tax of € 14,404
    Includes SEAI Grant of € 5,000

A different output produces a cost of 134,585, must be a rounding error somewhere!

Note that the Audi price of 101K does not include the 5K grant, meaning the e-tron is EUR96,750 versus the Tesla 129,585

catharsis wrote: »
    you missed a few elements of the fine print...including the VRT not being included, and the price including the Petrol savings.....

Ah Jaysus, Tesla should be pulled up for that. Surely advertising a car without VRT included is illegal here.

And don't get me started (again) on that stupid thing they do with fuel savings :(

Ah Jaysus, Tesla should be pulled up for that. Surely advertising a car without VRT included is illegal here.

And don't get me started (again) on that stupid thing they do with fuel savings :(

Tesla and advertising incorrect :p:p:p:p:p

They still going on about that 35k doller car

If you buy a mid range in California, it costs $45k (without any options), you get a federal tax credit of $7.5k and a state tax credit of $2.5k, so the car will cost you $35k. Lot of car for the money!

Not what Elon promised, but at this stage I feel we won't see a $35k before incentives Model 3 this year. Maybe not even next year, maybe even never.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If you buy a mid range in California, it costs $45k (without any options), you get a federal tax credit of $7.5k and a state tax credit of $2.5k, so the car will cost you $35k. Lot of car for the money!

Not what Elon promised, but at this stage I feel we won't see a $35k before incentives Model 3 this year. Maybe not even next year, maybe even never.

If we see a $35k before incentives model 3 in the next 12 months it will be at a loss, so I hope for Tesla's sake we do not see it before 2020.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Elon is not stupid. He will rather be classed as someone who yet again didn't deliver on his promise (in time), than sell at a loss. And rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That federal credit is now halved.

Forgot about that. It ended at the end of last year or so, didn't it? The full federal credit is based on a certain threshold of cars being sold of a particular make / model I think? So it looks like the $35k Tesla Model 3 has come and gone already. Probably never to return again :p

Why wouldn’t they ? It’ll be their top seller.

One less thing for you to whinge about.

catharsis wrote: »

the numbers below are copied from the tesla.com website after selecting ireland and relate to a base spec black car.

Model X 100D 119,200
    Destination & Doc Fee 980

VEHICLE PRICE 129,585
    Includes VAT of approx. € 22,472.80.
    Includes Vehicle Registration Tax of € 14,404
    Includes SEAI Grant of € 5,000

A different output produces a cost of 134,585, must be a rounding error somewhere!

Note that the Audi price of 101K does not include the 5K grant, meaning the e-tron is EUR96,750 versus the Tesla 129,585

The S and X were reduced yesterday, Cash price is 96K for a model X AWD long range. 700 euro cheaper than Audi.

No word on a battery upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ted1 wrote: »
    The S and X were reduced yesterday, Cash price is 96K for a model X AWD long range. 700 euro cheaper than Audi.

No word on a battery upgrade

Thats a massive drop in price... ~€30k! :eek:
    I presume he had to do that with e-Tron, EQC and iPace now all available shortly.

I hope they can still remain profitable.

KCross wrote: »
    I presume he had to do that with e-Tron, EQC and iPace now all available shortly.

I’d say they were the cash cow, big mark up with no competition . Still profitable but not as much now that they have competition

KCross wrote: »

You would be fairly pi**ed if you have bought the car recently and they just drop 30k off the price to buy new....

What would your depreciation be like in the first 18 months :mad:

What it does show is that all electric car companies are overpricing their products

With competition will come more competitive pricing. It is great to see.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

ELM327 wrote: »
    If we see a $35k before incentives model 3 in the next 12 months it will be at a loss, so I hope for Tesla's sake we do not see it before 2020.

Well this is awkward..

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Well this is awkward..

Even the Tesla fanboy websites had no idea it was coming out....

Good to see in the market

Advertisement