Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank League 2018-2019 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

drop the attitude. no need for rabbit hole comment...

In fairness, who made you Mod? I don't think its your place to take admonish posters in that way.

If you've an issue, report the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

GavMan wrote: »
    In fairness, who made you Mod? I don't think its your place to take admonish posters in that way.

If you've an issue, report the post.
    Hahaha irony of this considering some of previous posts made relating to me...

1A
    Garryowen 22 UCC 23, Clontarf 24 Young Munster 20, Cork Con 28 Terenure 5, Lansdowne 66 Trinity 33, UCD 20 Shannon 24

1B
    Ballymena 16 Buccaneers 20, Armagh 15 Banbridge 32, Malone 15 Ballynahinch 8, Old Belvedere 18 Naas 20, St Marys 15 Old Wesley 41

2A
    Nenagh Ormond 38 Galwegians 17, Blackrock College 19 Highfield 59, Navan 20 Cashel 13, Queen's University 31 Dolphin 5, UL Bohs 10 Old Crescent 31

2B
    Belfast Harlequins 12 Sligo 22,
    Dungannon 26 Rainey Old Boys 3, Corinthians 41 Wanderers 31, MU Barnhall 17 Greystones 11, Sunday's Well 11 Skerries 17

2C
    Ballina 39 City of Derry 10, Midleton 13 Tullamore 10, Omagh 25 Bangor 18, Malahide 26 Seapoint 17, Thomond 22 Bruff 17

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Shannon score is the other way around TLS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

1A
    Garryowen 22 UCC 23, Clontarf 24 Young Munster 20, Cork Con 28 Terenure 5, Lansdowne 66 Trinity 33, UCD 20 Shannon 24

1B
    Ballymena 16 Buccaneers 20, Armagh 15 Banbridge 32, Malone 15 Ballynahinch 8, Old Belvedere 18 Naas 20, St Marys 15 Old Wesley 41

Lot of surprise results this weekend. Great win for UCC which will put pressure on the other teams around them. Sounds like they played some great rugby. Shannon with a really good away win also despite losing players to the U20's. UCD missing players as well but nonetheless a great result for Shannon. We went well against Trinity and got a few decent breaks in the game and then took the foot off the gas. If you do that against Trinity they will punish you as they keep playing and keep running. Baird looks a decent prospect.

1B remains as unpredictable as ever. Marys drop from 1st to 7th (!!!). Old Wesley coming good now. Buccaneers grinding out a very decent away win. Thought Belvo would do better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 NoScrumNoWin0

Stainalert wrote: »

1A

1B

Lot of surprise results this weekend. Great win for UCC which will put pressure on the other teams around them. Sounds like they played some great rugby. Shannon with a really good away win also despite losing players to the U20's. UCD missing players as well but nonetheless a great result for Shannon. We went well against Trinity and got a few decent breaks in the game and then took the foot off the gas. If you do that against Trinity they will punish you as they keep playing and keep running. Baird looks a decent prospect.

1B remains as unpredictable as ever. Marys drop from 1st to 7th (!!!). Old Wesley coming good now. Buccaneers grinding out a very decent away win. Thought Belvo would do better.

How did Kelleher and Dowling get on for Lansdowne?
    What kind of season is Peter Sullivan having? Worth another look by a province?

Finally how did Dan Sheehan(2) Jack Dunne(5) & Jack Kelly(15) get on for Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Should probably change thread title no?

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Should probably change thread title no?
    Dont see too much issue with it. Yes Ulster Bank dont sponsor league but does it matter too much now if its All Ireland or Ulster Bank League...

Dont see too much issue with it. Yes Ulster Bank dont sponsor league but does it matter too much now if its All Ireland or Ulster Bank League...

Apart from it not being the name of the league, which is a fairly standard requirement for a league thread no? No no problem whatsoever with it...

Apart from it not being the name of the league, which is a fairly standard requirement for a league thread no? No no problem whatsoever with it...
    Oh it really isnt an issue. If it concerns you that much contact a mod and when thread started wasnt it still not known that ulster bank werent going to be involved and why has it only become an issue now...:rolleyes: and not any time before this....

1A
    Friday 8pm
    Shannon v Garryowen
    Saturday
    Trinity v Clontarf
    Terenure v UCD
    UCC v Lansdowne
    Young Munster v Cork Con
    1B
    Ballynahinch v Ballymena
    Banbridge v St Marys
    Buccaneers v Old Belvedere
    Naas v Armagh
    Old Wesley v Malone
    2A
    Cashel v Queens
    Dolphin v UL Bohs
    Galwegians v Navan
    Highfield v Nenagh
    Old Crescent v Blackrock
    2B
    Greystones v Dungannon
    Rainey Old Boys v Sundays Well
    Skerries v Belfast Harlequins
    Sligo v Corinthians
    Wanderers v MU Barnhall
    2C
    Bangor v Ballina
    Bruff v Malahide
    City Of Derry v Midleton
    Seapoint v Omagh
    Tullamore v Thomond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Even the IRFU haven't changed over all their links on the website, everything still refers to it as the Ulster Bank league.

Even the IRFU haven't changed over all their links on the website, everything still refers to it as the Ulster Bank league.

The urls still say ulsterbankleague but that's just poor/lazy Web design. All the actual content has been updated. Two wrongs...

How did Kelleher and Dowling get on for Lansdowne?
    What kind of season is Peter Sullivan having? Worth another look by a province?

Finally how did Dan Sheehan(2) Jack Dunne(5) & Jack Kelly(15) get on for Trinity?

Kelleher was excellent and I thought Dowling was very good also. Peter Sullivan is going well and progressing - already training with 7's squad I understand.

Dan Sheehan very good in the loose with some excellent ball carrying. Lineout OK.

Jack Dunne did reasonably well and Jack Kelly was good also (seriously big for a full back)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NoScrumNoWin0

Kelleher was excellent and I thought Dowling was very good also. Peter Sullivan is going well and progressing - already training with 7's squad I understand.

Dan Sheehan very good in the loose with some excellent ball carrying. Lineout OK.

Jack Dunne did reasonably well and Jack Kelly was good also (seriously big for a full back)

thanks, interesting to see Dowling and Dunne in leinster 23 for the weekend.

all reports on Kelleher are great, somewhat surprised he hasn't gotten his debut yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭RockBoysarewii

thanks, interesting to see Dowling and Dunne in leinster 23 for the weekend.

all reports on Kelleher are great, somewhat surprised he hasn't gotten his debut yet.

Probably because hooker is such a crucial position.

The urls still say ulsterbankleague but that's just poor/lazy Web design. All the actual content has been updated. Two wrongs...
    But why has this only become an issue now... :confused:

And Bateman cup final confirmed for April 20th in Marys

But why has this only become an issue now... :confused:

And Bateman cup final confirmed for April 20th in Marys

Christ almighty its not a personal insult or anything calm down its just something that clicked with me now since someone pointed out to me that they saw a club still had ulster Bank hoardings up during the week and they said it'd be confusing for any new fans who didn't know the name had changed.

Christ almighty its not a personal insult or anything calm down its just something that clicked with me now since someone pointed out to me that they saw a club still had ulster Bank hoardings up during the week and they said it'd be confusing for any new fans who didn't know the name had changed.
    Where did i suggest it was. You're the one who needs to calm down... ffs.
    Many clubs will have the Ulster bank hoardings up in place. Wont be replacing many of them every season etc.

Where did i suggest it was. You're the one who needs to calm down... ffs.
    Many clubs will have the Ulster bank hoardings up in place. Wont be replacing many of them every season etc.

You're acting as if I personally slapped you across the face and insulted you for the thread title. It's simply something that just clicked with me that it was wrong and I thought it might be a nice idea for a thread dedicated to a league that has a serious name to have the name of the league correct and shouldn't be that hard to change. The clubs won't change them because they can't afford to and it looks better having them than an empty space, it costs nothing to change a thread title..

You're acting as if I personally slapped you across the face and insulted you for the thread title. It's simply something that just clicked with me that it was wrong and I thought it might be a nice idea for a thread dedicated to a league that has a serious name to have the name of the league correct and shouldn't be that hard to change. The clubs won't change them because they can't afford to and it looks better having them than an empty space, it costs nothing to change a thread title..
    Im not and i dont actually care if its UBL/AIL. If it concerns you that its wrong PM a mod to edit it as i cant.
    And i dont see how the name being as it is makes it less serious.
    people are still all over Social media saying ubl.

• Advertisement

And i dont see how the name being as it is makes it less serious.

:rolleyes: my point is that if it's serious it should be accurate......

:rolleyes: my point is that if it's serious it should be accurate......
    have you thought about contacting the IRFU about it as it appears no one else is too concerned about it considering its January over half way through the regular league season and IRFU havent changed things and they would have if contacted..

have you thought about contacting the IRFU about it as it appears no one else is too concerned about it considering its January over half way through the regular league season and IRFU havent changed things and they would have if contacted..

Your mum never give you the whole "if all your friends were jumping off a cliff would you jump too?" talk? Just because so many people are wrong doesn't give everyone else an excuse to be wrong too

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Limerick 37.5

All roads lead to Thomond Park tomorrow evening. Should attract a good crowd.

Your mum never give you the whole "if all your friends were jumping off a cliff would you jump too?" talk? Just because so many people are wrong doesn't give everyone else an excuse to be wrong too
    So thats a no then?
    All roads lead to Thomond Park tomorrow evening. Should attract a good crowd.
    You would hope it does. Might go into thomond for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Limerick 37.5

So thats a no then?

You would hope it does. Might go into thomond for this.

Match result could define both clubs season, a Garryowen win consolidates 4th place and has Shannon looking over their shoulders. A Shannon win nearly guarantees them Div 1 status and puts Garryowen in to mid table mediocrity.

1A

Friday 8pm

Shannon v Garryowen - Big crowd expected I gather which is great to see. Garryowen will be sore after last week and I fancy them to sneak an away win.

Saturday

Trinity v Clontarf - Expect Trinity to be missing a lot of forwards this week (Jack Dunne: Leinster, Ryan Baird, Coyne: Irish 20's with Clarkson already gone). I think Tarf will grind out the win and will have way too much power up front for the students.

Terenure v UCD - UCD less effected by defections to 20's than in normal years. Decent looking backline if Twitter is right. I am going for another away win.

UCC v Lansdowne - Great win for UCC last week and I believe they played a lot of good rugby so expecting a tough battle in the Mardyke. UCC look to have a pretty settled team this week which should help them a lot. Battle of half-backs will be very interesting.

Young Munster v Cork Con - Given recent form hard to see anything but a Con win but I don't think you can ever underestimate Munsters at home and this is a must win game for them with UCC winning last week. Against all logic but going for a home win.

1B - The lottery!!

Ballynahinch v Ballymena - Both teams badly need the win. Hinch to make home advantage pay.

Banbridge v St Marys - Great win for Banbridge last week and I think they will go well this week and take Marys this week

Buccaneers v Old Belvedere - This really is a season defining game for both teams. Buccs likely to be down a few with all the changes this week from Connacht and I think Belvo will come out all guns blazing and get the away win that could really ignite the 2nd half of the season for them.

Naas v Armagh - Was very surprised with the Armagh loss last week and I think they will get back on track this week with a win away to Naas

Old Wesley v Malone - Great fixture with 1 v 2 - Both teams should have plenty of confidence going into this fixture. Old Wesley by a whisker.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Roll along Shannon forwards roll along

2A
    Cashel (2nd) v Queens (5th)
    Dolphin (8th) v UL Bohs (4th)
    Galwegians (10th) v Navan (3rd)
    Highfield (1st) v Nenagh (7th)
    Old Crescent (6th) v Blackrock (9th)

2B
    Greystones (2nd) v Dungannon (8th)
    Rainey Old Boys (3rd) v Sundays Well (9th)
    Skerries (7th) v Belfast Harlequins (10th)
    Sligo (5th) v Corinthians (6th)
    Wanderers (4th) v MU Barnhall (1st)
    2C
    Bangor (6th) v Ballina (1st)
    Bruff (4th) v Malahide (5th)
    City Of Derry (8th) v Midleton (2nd)
    Seapoint (10th) v Omagh (3rd)
    Tullamore (7th) v Thomond (9th)

• Advertisement

Tough result for wegians today. Were leading 5-0 and Navan got score in 75th minute or so then were able to keep Wegians out who were all out attacking to get back a lead again. got out of jail big time
    1A
    Shannon 7 Garryowen 28
    Trinity 29 Clontarf 21
    Terenure 49 UCD 21
    UCC 25 Lansdowne 22
    Young Munster 5 Cork Con 31
    1B
    Ballynahinch 19 Ballymena 14
    Banbridge 18 St Marys 16
    Buccaneers 20 Old Belvedere 12
    Naas 23 Armagh 23
    Old Wesley 17 Malone 21